first dealer service / last dealer service!

KWIK RACING INC.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Local dealer did this to me on the first (and only) service on my 850XP. The owner was good and gave me a credit after I brought it to their attention but how many others don't bother bringing it up? It was only about $45 but multiply that by how many people who don't catch it. They could do 4 front diff services, 4 rear diff, 5 ADC oil changes with the amount they originally charged me. Their service manager wasn't the least bit apologetic either, actually seemed pissed off that I was bothering him about it and probably more pissed when I went over his head to the owner. :D

yes i agree.. you as a customer have the right to get the difference.. why not? they charged you for it? some dealers have some strange people working for them...lol

my dealer dont even ask me.. they give me the bottles with the extra in it... not for oil.. thats bulk usually.. but all other fluids... they know better....haha

Last edited:

kbrunlees

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What else did they do?? Adjust the tps? the valves. Seems pretty steep. Well now that you have it done you can do it yourself, for much cheaper. Was this a required service for warranty?

KWIK RACING INC.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
technical Kelly, if you have all receipts and a good record of what you did ( maybe even pics...lol ) they cant deny you warranty... BUT if you service at the dealer then they dont give you grief.. you take a chance sometimes.. sometimes it can work out for ya and other times it can bite you right in the arse..lol ... honestly, this thing about the first service being soooo important for keeping warranty if not really correct.... as i stated..keep a good record of everything and you can service your bike right from the start... they cant deny you but what they can do is give you a hard time about it and make you show everything...

i am going to add...

the bottom line is, you can do whatever you want to and with your bike.. manufacturer does nt say nothing... but when it comes to the customer saying fix me under my warranty, then manufacturer pulls out the fine print and they do what they want... thats about it in a nut shell...

i mean its crap shoot... like eg... motor blows and dealer has nt done squat to the bike... now you have a bit of fight on your hands.. and if your good and maybe lucky a bit with all your proof, they will give in.. not sure if its worth the headaches...

Last edited:

chop

Reaction score
well i got the outty back , wow . they said they washed it , not. they changed oil ,oil filter ,gear box oil, rear diff oil , inspected seals , coolant and other systems. changed the plugs ( he said, that's what we do hear and now you have spares for on the trail ? ). I said to him that the price is way higher than i was quoted and he took a second look at it, then said there is a mistake. and came up with a little better price. out the door $353.09 . i will be doing my own from now on. and they said they don't check the valves ,they just listen to them. hummm . to check the valves they would want an other $160 bucks.

KWIK RACING INC.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
they listen to them? oh my god! lmao about 20 times.....
the problem here is a good mechanic can do valves in about hr on a can-am.. but the book says 2 hrs i think.. thats 260 bucks just to adjust the valves in Calgary here... Kevin at torqed did mine in about 45 mins...when i got my new cams last year

DRD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
dont blame them.. if you were a dealer would you pay out of your pocket to turn the service light off? even if customer buys machine from you? and not do any service work with them?
thats the whole thing behind this service message.. get bike serviced and they will turn it off...
its not a 2 minute job.. i have seen how long it takes.. its 20 minutes at least by the time you remove the cowl and then plug in and then have to run the bubs system up on the bike to finally turn off the message....

there is more things to worry about then a scrolling message...lol
dont look at it.. mine scrolls all the time.. who cares...
the bottom line is this.. if you cant do the work then dont complain about how expensive it is.. go to your gm or ford or mopar dealer and get some work done and tell me its not expensive... if we want to own these toys then you cant complain about cost.. your only option is doing the work yourself

You misunderstood. Buddy is an Auto Tech, and quite a good on actually and did the service the bike needed. He just wanted the friggin message erased and was willing to pay for it, I think Trackside charged him .5 labor for this. Bow wouldn't do it unless he paid for the full service which is BS IMO.

KWIK RACING INC.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ahhh.. ok now i see what happened.. Thats new to me that Bow would not do it even if the guy was willing to pay for it... that does not make sence.. wondering if they understood that he wanted it free, maybe? then i can see it... but paying for it... well they should have done it.. that sucks.. i know they have done it before for people who want to pay.... and .5 is a decent price for that service, i guess.. but wait.. that would be like 60 bucks just to erease a message... i would learn to drive with it on.. it only scrolls when you turn your bike on.. i could see doing it if a bright light was flashing in your face all the time...haha

DRD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
He bought a ton of parts as well, was equally thrilled Bow sells above list. To bad a place like Trackside is getting their CanAm deal pulled, only couple more weeks and then have to start looking for a dealer.

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
350 is what Martin normally charges. They don't do the valve for the first service. Not sure why. Riverside charges less and they check the valves. I have been happy with the work Martins does but they charge more.

DaveB

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was at Trackside today...ZERO charge to get rid of the "Maint soon" message"....updated my DPS programming.....

Oh...BTW...thanks to sh!t dealers like Turple Bros....Trackside is DONE at the end of this month.....

KWIK RACING INC.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
oh, i agree Dave.. out of town dealers usually are nicer sometimes then big city ones.. its funny how everybody gets treated different at dealers.. i deal with bow and would not switch for the world..why?
cause i try to involve myself with the dealer as much as possible.. therefore i have a great relationship with them... never do i get charged either for things like Dave stated... i just now decided to live with it... with very close to 8000k on my machine now in 2 !/2 years.. my message comes on more than others... it does nt change how i ride so i dont care anymore that it scrolls...
i can also use the dealers shop and work on my own bike when in dire need.. and many times have they overlooked paying for rushing in parts overnight...
when i do bring my bike in.. the service is very good.. i had my rear diff here recently blow up on me and the same week my DPS decided to pack it in... both where covered by warranty ... i brought the bike in on a Tuesday cause Monday there closed and picked it up that friday... both parts had to be ordered...
i can keep going on and on so i love my dealer... last year the owner approached me and said make a wish list on can-am clothing... i did.. and between brp and the dealer going half and half i got a riding gear package worth 900 bucks. the thing that gets me is that everybody, for some reason gets treated different then others.. look at me... i hear many horror storys but hear just as much good things sometimes too...

Last edited:

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was at Trackside today...ZERO charge to get rid of the "Maint soon" message"....updated my DPS programming.....

Oh...BTW...thanks to sh!t dealers like Turple Bros....Trackside is DONE at the end of this month.....

Its BRP's fault not Turple Bros. West Country Liesure lost there BRP dealership too.

Turple Bros treats me good and I cant stand Trackside,,go figure.

Murminator

Timber King
Reaction score
I change fluids once or twice a season I do it all myself my rule of thumb is when there is more water than oil in it good time to change still going strong after 6500K....axles/boots 1-2 a season, bearings and brakes about every 1000K ....usually fixin one of them every campout :(

DaveB

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Its BRP's fault not Turple Bros. West Country Liesure lost there BRP dealership too.

Turple Bros treats me good and I cant stand Trackside,,go figure.
Pray you never need warranty repairs....the average hairdresser knows more about mechanics than the RETARDS that work in Turple's service dept.

Trackside and West Country lost their BRP dealerships due to direct complaints from Turple Bros.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Pray you never need warranty repairs....the average hairdresser knows more about mechanics than the RETARDS that work in Turple's service dept.

Trackside and West Country lost their BRP dealerships due to direct complaints from Turple Bros.

Oh thats too bad. I really like Old Buck lake Bob. I work on my own stuff most of the time. Or get work done at motor tech in golden(shoulda got my sled there maybe next one) Last time I had warranty work done at turple bros was in 2000. They did a good job,, but yeah they have no good mechanics right now.

I had work done at Trackside on my sled 2500$ and came back not working,, ruined a trip to
revy, wasnt impressed and that currly haired partsman they have is a tool.
****ty little building and not much inventory.

Some people like them I guess so thats too bad that they are shutting down.
Turple Bros Obviously does more for BRP than trackside, what do you do. Find a new dealer
I guess:beer:

Last edited:

Old-Soul

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Trackside is done servicing or they are closing? If they are closing, that's too bad cause we've had good luck with them for parts/service in the past but maybe that's changed. As for Turps, it all depends on who you get in there (never had and shop work done) but their counter service is hit or miss. Half the employees could seem to give a **** about you in there.

Top Bottom