first dealer service / last dealer service!

Pecos

Reaction score
I recently purchased a 2013 XMR 1000 Outlander from Turple Bros in Red Deer. Here is my experience since the first visit. You decide if you'd like to ever deal there.

1st Visit: 11:45am Walk into showroom with money in pocket to buy new quad.
12:15 pm After walking around showroom (30 minutes) trying to locate a salesperson I go to reception counter in an attempt to find someone who would take my $16k.Gal at reception get's on loud speaker and pages sales.
12:20 pm No salesperson shows up.Gal gets on phone again and starts calling around the dealership.(Too bust filing nails to get off ass to go find one)
12:30 pm Success! Have salesman in front of me and takes me to cubicle.
12:45 pm Paperwork signed and cheque written. Told no XMR's are PDI'd and ready to go. Will have to wait 5 days until one can be made ready.(Really would have thought that with the popularity of these machines there would be a showroom full of them but, alas, not even one on display)

2nd Visit 1:00pm Return 5 days later to pick up new quad. Can't talk to salesman that sold me quad, have to talk to new guy. Apparently when you call 3 weeks prior and simply ask the price of the machine, he automatically becomes your salesman even though he made zero attempt to even chat about the machine and make an attempted sale.
1:30pm Finally get to new salesman's cubicle and start signing warranty paperwork and complete transaction. Told that I must return for 10 hour service as it's very important and it will void warranty if not done.
1:55pm Meet outside and load quad.

3rd Visit 10:00am Had quad out for first weekend of riding and discovered that left rear inner CV boot has taken a stick and has pin hole in it, went to dealer to order new cv boot and and some guards that will protect these said cv boots and rear rear frame of quad. You would think that these XMR's that are made for what we do would have sufficient guards installed from factory but they only come with front cv boot guards and a plastic front skidplate.
10:30am Salesman pulls out accessory catalog (for a side by side) and proceeds to show me all of the goodies that are available for the machine. After looking at the page, I inform him that he sold me an XMR and not a side by side. OOPS! Turn pages to XMR goodies and start looking. Discover that I'll need to order 3 seperate kits to get inner cv boot guards, outer cv boot guards, and rear skid plate. Ask for a bit of a deal because I just bought machine and it really should have came with these said guards. Told that they can only give discount at time of purchase and can't give me one once paperwork is done. WTF? So he brings up my paper work and finds that I'm in luck!!! They screwed up and actually have my sales invoice still open because it has a pipe charged to it that hasn't been paid for. An obvious error, but still asks me "I don't suppose you have a pipe on your machine, do you?". WTF again! He can't remember anything about me, the machine, nor the transaction that took place only days before........Well, I figure whatever, he must be a busy guy. Now told that we'll need to go and visit the accessory counter to purchase these.
11:00am Arrive at accessory counter with salesman and locate someone behind counter to purchase guards.(not an easy task) He can't find his copy of the accessory booklet and proceeds to disappear upstairs and locate it. Salesperson notices dept copy in rack where guy was looking but it was 2 books left of where he was looking.Guy shows back up and is shown where book is. Out comes book and we proceed to select/purchase necessary guards to the tune of $500. Salesperson and partsperson briefly argue about the discount due to my quad already being ridden and, hence, not sold at time of purchase. But, success, we talk him into sellling at discount.
11:25am Now ask to purchase cv boot that I had damaged. OOPS, wrong question. Can't buy from this guy, have to go down to middle of counter and order from a 'parts' person and not 'accessory' person. Locate a young fella in parts and attempt to get a boot. He can't find said boot, I guess they are not making them yet. Huh, go figure. I inform him that has to be impossible and to look again. Young fella hunts down another 'parts' person who proceeds to give him **** because he's looking in the aftermarket catalog and not the BRP catalog. Locate boot and as luck would have it, they even have it in stock! Woohoo! Part with $55 and leave with boot and 1 skid plate as the 2 cv boot guard kits are on b/o. Asked to be called when all parts are in and I will come pick them up.it is now 12:00pm.

Visit #3 Receive call a week later that my parts are in and I can come pick them up.This is great because we're heading out in a few days to ride and I want these guards on. Show up at dealer at 10:30 am to pick up parts. Find gal behind the counter that can help me (after standing at said counter for nearly 10 minutes without so much as a Hi, be right with you). Now told that they are not in......Huh? Inform her that I was called and told they were in. 15 more minutes and she now tells me that only 1 has come in but they do have some in the building but they are spoken for. I express my disappointment for getting a call and it not being the truth. Ask when the last part will be in and all I get is "I dunno, could be a week, could be 3....whenever it comes" and she proceeds to now ignore me and stare at computer screen.Leave dealer at 11:10 with one set of cv boot guards.

Visit #4 Received another call today that my final part has come in and ready for pick up. Head in to pick up and decide that I should book my quad in for that all important first service so I don't void my warranty. Now comes the fun of dealing with service department. Go stand at serv dept counter and get ignored for another 10 minutes. Finally get the attention of a gal and attempt to make appointment for 1st service. Told they are extremely busy and asked if I purchased machine from them. I'm in luck! I did, and I'll be able to get it in next week. I can't make a day/time appointment, however, but if I drop it monday they'll have it ready by end of week. So, play the game and book it in.

Visit #5 Show up on monday and drop quad off. Asked repeatedly when I'm riding next, told them early next week and will pick it up in 7 days at noon. Gal only asks if I'd like to spend "around 6 bucks" extra for full synthetic motor oil. I authorize it, unload my quad and leave on my merry way after another 45 minute visit.

Visit #6 Show up 7 days later to pick up quad, wait 15 minutes at serv counter before someone finally acknowledges me. Guy asks what I'd like and I inform him I'm here to pick up quad due to pre-arranged pick up time. He looks in invoice rack and can't find invoice. Disappears for 10 mins and returns to tell me that quad is in shop and being worked on and will be ready in 1/2 hour. Awesome. Guess I could have rode it on the weekend after all because it obviously didn't get looked at until this morning. Go hang out in truck for 1/2 hour and go back in. Gal comes to counter and process repeats, but the good news is that the quad is now done and she needs to do up the invoice. Another 15 minutes and she jumps up with a smile on her face and proceeds to go through the 'checklist' of what was done. We go though list (1 item on list not checked off but "tech obviously just forgot to check it off") and then she proceeds to present me with a $422 bill.After I pick myself up from the floor and ask for a bandaid for my chin, I ask how come so much? She tells me that it's the price of the damn parts. I say it's the 2.5 hrs of labor for a fluffed up oil change. Apparently the valve adjustment takes alot of time and I'm lucky they didn't need to be set as they were still in spec. or it would have been more. Lucky me!!! I pay the bill and quickly leave and load my machine.

No more visits coming from me!! I get machine home and proceed to go over it and start installing all of my guards. While under machine, I notice a grease zerk that they must have 'missed' only to discover that they didn't grease one damn zerk on the whole machine. So, I grease it. Decide to look further, oil all over the front skid plate, I guess they couldn't be bothered to clean up the mess they made, so I clean it. Remove the tank/side covers and have a closer look at the valve covers. Hmmmm, valve covers have NOT been removed as there was dried mud over the seams where the cover meets the head. However, I did notice that the crafty tech did take the time to put a socket on the valve cover bolts that could be seen. Nice work. So in the end, I got to pay $422 for an engine oil change/trans oil change and for the tech to clean the shoulders on a few valve cover bolts. I can hardly wait to go back and get bent over again!

NEVER AGAIN WILL I SET FOOT IN TURPLE BROS AND I WILL BE SURE TO LET EVERYONE I KNOW AND EVER RUN INTO THAT THIS IS A PLACE TO AVOID AT ALL COSTS!!!

The service from all depts is the worst I have ever experienced, you can't tell if any of them work there because they all wear street clothes, and they are the RUDEST folks I have ever dealt with.

The good news (insert sarcasm here) is that BRP sent me a postcard and invited me to take their satisfaction survey. I detailed these events and sent them in. You would think that SOMEONE would attempt to contact me and ATTEMPT to make things right. But, apparently they don't care either. I can see where Turple Bros. get's their nice attitude.

Toyboy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How many Ferrari dealerships are run down hole s in a wall. Just sayin lmao....Jk!

You didn't just compare Doo to Ferrari did you???? lmao Thats a bit of a stretch even for a doolaid drinker like you!!

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
BRP is on a big building kick right now. Tow the line or lose the line. The guys with the buildings are pressuring BRP to drop the smaller dealers with small buildings. Makes alot of sense to have a 2 mill building in the farming community of Olds, right?:rolleyes:

You would think that wouldnt you? Heres a building my company is doing some work on, its right across the street from Trackside. This building is worth alot more than 2million tho..We have worked on alot of new high priced buildings down in Olds over the last decade,, that little place is Booming. Id still rather get my parts in RD tho.
0613131400-00.jpg

Last edited:

DRD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You are comparing a bank and professional offices to a guy trying to make a dime of BRP and Honda equipment??

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You are comparing a bank and professional offices to a guy trying to make a dime of BRP and Honda equipment??

No Im saying there is alot more going on down in Olds then some might think.
There is a big College there for cryin out loud,, it not a tiny place.
If the guy doesnt want to build a new building thats his buisness.

Ever been to buck lake? that place is Small.

Last edited:

DaveB

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No Im saying there is alot more going on down in Olds then some might think.
There is a big College there for cryin out loud,, it not a tiny place.
If the guy doesnt want to build a new building thats his buisness.

Ever been to buck lake? that place is Small.
so....any connection between you and Turples?

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I think he does.

Mabe turps needs to see some shat said about them to get back in the game.

G.m has c.s.I ( costumer service interest ) and a dealer needs good grades or they get penalized.

Brp needs this.

sent from my I phone azz kicking HTC

Last edited:

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

We did Alot of work on thier new building when they built it years ago.
We made more money off that than Glen has ever made off me. Other than that
no affiliation. But we buy alot of sleds there.

We do alot of work for Doug Westman at Parkland Sled also... Buy alot of stuff from him too. Go figure. Support people that support you. I dont think there is anything wrong with that.

Last edited:

DaveB

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We did Alot of work on thier new building when they built it years ago.
We made more money off that than Glen has ever made off me. Other than that
no affiliation. But we buy alot of sleds there.

We do alot of work for Doug Westman at Parkland Sled also... Buy alot of stuff from him too. Go figure. Support people that support you. I dont think there is anything wrong with that.
Ya. OK your responses make more sense now.

hbar218

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I recently purchased a 2013 XMR 1000 Outlander from Turple Bros in Red Deer. Here is my experience since the first visit. You decide if you'd like to ever deal there.

1st Visit: 11:45am Walk into showroom with money in pocket to buy new quad.
12:15 pm After walking around showroom (30 minutes) trying to locate a salesperson I go to reception counter in an attempt to find someone who would take my $16k.Gal at reception get's on loud speaker and pages sales.
12:20 pm No salesperson shows up.Gal gets on phone again and starts calling around the dealership.(Too bust filing nails to get off ass to go find one)
12:30 pm Success! Have salesman in front of me and takes me to cubicle.
12:45 pm Paperwork signed and cheque written. Told no XMR's are PDI'd and ready to go. Will have to wait 5 days until one can be made ready.(Really would have thought that with the popularity of these machines there would be a showroom full of them but, alas, not even one on display)

2nd Visit 1:00pm Return 5 days later to pick up new quad. Can't talk to salesman that sold me quad, have to talk to new guy. Apparently when you call 3 weeks prior and simply ask the price of the machine, he automatically becomes your salesman even though he made zero attempt to even chat about the machine and make an attempted sale.
1:30pm Finally get to new salesman's cubicle and start signing warranty paperwork and complete transaction. Told that I must return for 10 hour service as it's very important and it will void warranty if not done.
1:55pm Meet outside and load quad.

3rd Visit 10:00am Had quad out for first weekend of riding and discovered that left rear inner CV boot has taken a stick and has pin hole in it, went to dealer to order new cv boot and and some guards that will protect these said cv boots and rear rear frame of quad. You would think that these XMR's that are made for what we do would have sufficient guards installed from factory but they only come with front cv boot guards and a plastic front skidplate.
10:30am Salesman pulls out accessory catalog (for a side by side) and proceeds to show me all of the goodies that are available for the machine. After looking at the page, I inform him that he sold me an XMR and not a side by side. OOPS! Turn pages to XMR goodies and start looking. Discover that I'll need to order 3 seperate kits to get inner cv boot guards, outer cv boot guards, and rear skid plate. Ask for a bit of a deal because I just bought machine and it really should have came with these said guards. Told that they can only give discount at time of purchase and can't give me one once paperwork is done. WTF? So he brings up my paper work and finds that I'm in luck!!! They screwed up and actually have my sales invoice still open because it has a pipe charged to it that hasn't been paid for. An obvious error, but still asks me "I don't suppose you have a pipe on your machine, do you?". WTF again! He can't remember anything about me, the machine, nor the transaction that took place only days before........Well, I figure whatever, he must be a busy guy. Now told that we'll need to go and visit the accessory counter to purchase these.
11:00am Arrive at accessory counter with salesman and locate someone behind counter to purchase guards.(not an easy task) He can't find his copy of the accessory booklet and proceeds to disappear upstairs and locate it. Salesperson notices dept copy in rack where guy was looking but it was 2 books left of where he was looking.Guy shows back up and is shown where book is. Out comes book and we proceed to select/purchase necessary guards to the tune of $500. Salesperson and partsperson briefly argue about the discount due to my quad already being ridden and, hence, not sold at time of purchase. But, success, we talk him into sellling at discount.
11:25am Now ask to purchase cv boot that I had damaged. OOPS, wrong question. Can't buy from this guy, have to go down to middle of counter and order from a 'parts' person and not 'accessory' person. Locate a young fella in parts and attempt to get a boot. He can't find said boot, I guess they are not making them yet. Huh, go figure. I inform him that has to be impossible and to look again. Young fella hunts down another 'parts' person who proceeds to give him **** because he's looking in the aftermarket catalog and not the BRP catalog. Locate boot and as luck would have it, they even have it in stock! Woohoo! Part with $55 and leave with boot and 1 skid plate as the 2 cv boot guard kits are on b/o. Asked to be called when all parts are in and I will come pick them up.it is now 12:00pm.

Visit #3 Receive call a week later that my parts are in and I can come pick them up.This is great because we're heading out in a few days to ride and I want these guards on. Show up at dealer at 10:30 am to pick up parts. Find gal behind the counter that can help me (after standing at said counter for nearly 10 minutes without so much as a Hi, be right with you). Now told that they are not in......Huh? Inform her that I was called and told they were in. 15 more minutes and she now tells me that only 1 has come in but they do have some in the building but they are spoken for. I express my disappointment for getting a call and it not being the truth. Ask when the last part will be in and all I get is "I dunno, could be a week, could be 3....whenever it comes" and she proceeds to now ignore me and stare at computer screen.Leave dealer at 11:10 with one set of cv boot guards.

Visit #4 Received another call today that my final part has come in and ready for pick up. Head in to pick up and decide that I should book my quad in for that all important first service so I don't void my warranty. Now comes the fun of dealing with service department. Go stand at serv dept counter and get ignored for another 10 minutes. Finally get the attention of a gal and attempt to make appointment for 1st service. Told they are extremely busy and asked if I purchased machine from them. I'm in luck! I did, and I'll be able to get it in next week. I can't make a day/time appointment, however, but if I drop it monday they'll have it ready by end of week. So, play the game and book it in.

Visit #5 Show up on monday and drop quad off. Asked repeatedly when I'm riding next, told them early next week and will pick it up in 7 days at noon. Gal only asks if I'd like to spend "around 6 bucks" extra for full synthetic motor oil. I authorize it, unload my quad and leave on my merry way after another 45 minute visit.

Visit #6 Show up 7 days later to pick up quad, wait 15 minutes at serv counter before someone finally acknowledges me. Guy asks what I'd like and I inform him I'm here to pick up quad due to pre-arranged pick up time. He looks in invoice rack and can't find invoice. Disappears for 10 mins and returns to tell me that quad is in shop and being worked on and will be ready in 1/2 hour. Awesome. Guess I could have rode it on the weekend after all because it obviously didn't get looked at until this morning. Go hang out in truck for 1/2 hour and go back in. Gal comes to counter and process repeats, but the good news is that the quad is now done and she needs to do up the invoice. Another 15 minutes and she jumps up with a smile on her face and proceeds to go through the 'checklist' of what was done. We go though list (1 item on list not checked off but "tech obviously just forgot to check it off") and then she proceeds to present me with a $422 bill.After I pick myself up from the floor and ask for a bandaid for my chin, I ask how come so much? She tells me that it's the price of the damn parts. I say it's the 2.5 hrs of labor for a fluffed up oil change. Apparently the valve adjustment takes alot of time and I'm lucky they didn't need to be set as they were still in spec. or it would have been more. Lucky me!!! I pay the bill and quickly leave and load my machine.

No more visits coming from me!! I get machine home and proceed to go over it and start installing all of my guards. While under machine, I notice a grease zerk that they must have 'missed' only to discover that they didn't grease one damn zerk on the whole machine. So, I grease it. Decide to look further, oil all over the front skid plate, I guess they couldn't be bothered to clean up the mess they made, so I clean it. Remove the tank/side covers and have a closer look at the valve covers. Hmmmm, valve covers have NOT been removed as there was dried mud over the seams where the cover meets the head. However, I did notice that the crafty tech did take the time to put a socket on the valve cover bolts that could be seen. Nice work. So in the end, I got to pay $422 for an engine oil change/trans oil change and for the tech to clean the shoulders on a few valve cover bolts. I can hardly wait to go back and get bent over again!

NEVER AGAIN WILL I SET FOOT IN TURPLE BROS AND I WILL BE SURE TO LET EVERYONE I KNOW AND EVER RUN INTO THAT THIS IS A PLACE TO AVOID AT ALL COSTS!!!

The service from all depts is the worst I have ever experienced, you can't tell if any of them work there because they all wear street clothes, and they are the RUDEST folks I have ever dealt with.

The good news (insert sarcasm here) is that BRP sent me a postcard and invited me to take their satisfaction survey. I detailed these events and sent them in. You would think that SOMEONE would attempt to contact me and ATTEMPT to make things right. But, apparently they don't care either. I can see where Turple Bros. get's their nice attitude.

Thats just hard to believe that customer servive is that bad. I get treated better buying a bag of chips than that.I agree that when you sent in survey someone should have been calling you to kiss your brown star(and rub the teste's) to make it right.

Pecos

Reaction score
I've used this forum as a last ditch effort to get them to notice and fix the issue. I'm not looking for anything more than that. How hard is it to make an apology and show a little good faith? Since I've had a horrible experience, I feel it's my right as a consumer to voice this and hopefully save others the headache. End of discussion.

SlowKrawl

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Oldballs glen damn near backed into me the day I was picking my quad up, had I have not seen that geriatric bastard there would be white paint all over my sierra lol.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think he does.

Mabe turps needs to see some shat said about them to get back in the game.

G.m has c.s.I ( costumer service interest ) and a dealer needs good grades or they get penalized.

Brp needs this.

sent from my I phone azz kicking HTC
They do Tex. If you get warranty work done at a BRP dealership you will get a service survey so that you can grade your experience. Same with sales experiences. If you get low marks then you may not get platinum certification which is huge.

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
I've used this forum as a last ditch effort to get them to notice and fix the issue. I'm not looking for anything more than that. How hard is it to make an apology and show a little good faith? Since I've had a horrible experience, I feel it's my right as a consumer to voice this and hopefully save others the headache. End of discussion.

your concerns have been sent in to my contact at Turple. Soon as I hear a response I will post it to you. I have also suggested that they try to find you by your real name/experiences there and contact you directly. Please let me know how it turns out.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Guess it pays to no who to talk to, been goingto turples since. 1980, bought a sled or two also a quad or two, so far so good. Parts prices are cheaper than olds, and they will have em, more so than olds also. Will go to olds if they have parts i need instead of ordering. Things at turples have changed over the years, best to know who to talk to, for sure. Can't really see pecos standing around waiting, unless he has changed. I don't have any problem buying there, but again it's about who ya know. Like lilduke i have had better service and overall better experience generally at turples than trackside, and the hr drive is not worth it for me.

Last edited:

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Guess it pays to no who to talk to, been going go turples since. 1980, bought a sled or two also a quad or two, so far so good. Parts prices are cheaper than olds, and they will have em more so than olds also. Will go to olds if they have parts i need instead of ordering. Thongs at turples have changed over the years, best to know who to talk to, for sure. Can't really see pecos standing around waiting, unless he has changed. I don't have any problem buying there, but again it's about who ya know. Like lilduke i have had better service and overall better experience generally at turples than trackside, and the hr drive is not worth it for me.
Thongs?????? What the hey have you got going there Larry? Lmao!!

Toyboy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Guess it pays to no who to talk to, been going go turples since. 1980, bought a sled or two also a quad or two, so far so good. Parts prices are cheaper than olds, and they will have em more so than olds also. Will go to olds if they have parts i need instead of ordering. Thongs at turples have changed over the years, best to know who to talk to, for sure. Can't really see pecos standing around waiting, unless he has changed. I don't have any problem buying there, but again it's about who ya know. Like lilduke i have had better service and overall better experience generally at turples than trackside, and the hr drive is not worth it for me.

So he is the one who should be waiting when he wants to buy something they make their living off of selling??? Here let me wait until your ready to take my 16K??

Fawk that!!! Dealers just sell them then you should go to a place that only services them as it is in their best intrest to take care of you.

Top Bottom