first dealer service / last dealer service!

DaveB

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Trackside is done servicing or they are closing? If they are closing, that's too bad cause we've had good luck with them for parts/service in the past but maybe that's changed. As for Turps, it all depends on who you get in there (never had and shop work done) but their counter service is hit or miss. Half the employees could seem to give a **** about you in there.
They were done selling BRP products a year ago, and in 2 weeks will be done as a BRP warranty/certified repair shop. They're still selling Honda, Zuki, and I think they brought in CF Moto for quads....

SlowKrawl

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They were done selling BRP products a year ago, and in 2 weeks will be done as a BRP warranty/certified repair shop. They're still selling Honda, Zuki, and I think they brought in CF Moto for quads....
Any idea why?

DaveB

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Any idea why?
Yup. Turples has been complaining for years to BRP that Trackside doesn't meet BRP dealership requirements. Trackside has always been a thorn in Turples' a$$ because the little shop in Olds sells more sleds and quads than the big dealer in RD. I've given Turples chance after chance after chance over the years to sell to me, and they just can't do it. I will go to Wetaskiwin or Cochrane I guess....

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yup. Turples has been complaining for years to BRP that Trackside doesn't meet BRP dealership requirements. Trackside has always been a thorn in Turples' a$$ because the little shop in Olds sells more sleds and quads than the big dealer in RD. I've given Turples chance after chance after chance over the years to sell to me, and they just can't do it. I will go to Wetaskiwin or Cochrane I guess....
Bingo....

SlowKrawl

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Turples was the second cheapest place I found on my quad, cochrane was $100 cheaper. That being said, I will never buy another quad from them, nor will I ever take it there for service. I wouldn't let the donkey's in the service department put the decals on my quad, nevermind actually spin a wrench.

They had been working on my brand new quad that was overheating for 4 hours, and still hadn't found the problem. I told them when I took it in, check the t-stat and bleed the cooling system...In 4 hours they didn't do either of those things lol, and it turned out to be the t-stat. I feel sorry for anyone who has to take something in there for non-warranty work.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

What reqirements didnt they meet? If they sell that many units why wont BRP work with them?

DaveB

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What reqirements didnt they meet? If they sell that many units why wont BRP work with them?
You'll have to ask Marvin all the details...but near as I can figure it's to do with not enough square footage for the showroom and an old building....and at this stage of the game, Marvin just isn't going to dump 1 or 2 million into a new building.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You'll have to ask Marvin all the details...but near as I can figure it's to do with not enough square footage for the showroom and an old building....and at this stage of the game, Marvin just isn't going to dump 1 or 2 million into a new building.
BRP is on a big building kick right now. Tow the line or lose the line. The guys with the buildings are pressuring BRP to drop the smaller dealers with small buildings. Makes alot of sense to have a 2 mill building in the farming community of Olds, right?:rolleyes:

old mountain man

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The smaller dealers were willing to deal on price. Not so much with the big ones. Also much more difficult to get a reasonable price for your trade in. Those big buildings need to be paid for!

tukernater

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The smaller dealers were willing to deal on price. Not so much with the big ones. Also much more difficult to get a reasonable price for your trade in. Those big buildings need to be paid for!
Yep they want every dealer to sell @full retail plus freight and PDI .If you don't they will shut you down! PRICE FIXING.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
BRP is on a big building kick right now. Tow the line or lose the line. The guys with the buildings are pressuring BRP to drop the smaller dealers with small buildings. Makes alot of sense to have a 2 mill building in the farming community of Olds, right?:rolleyes:

No different than g.m.

All the dealers have to look the same ect.

Bla , bla.

Smaller places can't do it , its just too much

sent from my I phone azz kicking HTC

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ford is the same way. Change your building to conform to a predescribed look or lose it. I don't know what Ford and GM are like for doing business but with BRP each dealer signs a one year contract with them. Does it make business sense buying a 2 mill building that may take you 20 years to pay off and then sign a one year franchise contract? Any financial advisor would tell you that you would have rocks in your head to do something like that. No?

Old-Soul

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That explains MGM's new building then. Perhaps their service staff too... :rolleyes:

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think Commercial real estate is one of the best investments you can make.
Turple Bros has been in buisness in Red Deer 60years. They started small and they grew.
In Buisness you need to grow, or your buisness will not last.

Yeah thier Mechanics arent the best. Its hard to get good people to be a Quad/Sled mechanic
for 25$ an hour, when they can go make 50$ an hour doing something else.
The good ones dont stick around long.

Friend of mine went to Fairview college to get his Journeyman Harley mechanic ticket, got it
now he drives a truck in the Mac cause there is no money in fixing peoples toys.....

Last edited:

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Most tech's today can make way more money in the patch or doing heavy duty for trucking companies than in a toy store. Guys complain about $100/hour labor rate but don't want a high school kid working on there toy. You can't have it both ways.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think Commercial real estate is one of the best investments you can make.
Turple Bros has been in buisness in Red Deer 60years. They started small and they grew.
In Buisness you need to grow, or your buisness will not last.

Yeah thier Mechanics arent the best. Its hard to get good people to be a Quad/Sled mechanics
for 25$ an hour, when they can go make 50$ an hour doing something else.
The good ones dont stick around long.

Friend of mine went to Fairview college to get his Journeyman Harley mechanic ticket, got it
now he drives a truck in the Mac cause there is no money in fixing peoples toys.....
I agree that alot of stores need to be upgraded out there but for someone to come in to your store and tell you that you need to spend x amount of capital on your building in the next couple years or they are gonna yank your dealership then I call bullchit. What ever happened to loyalty to that dealer that was your top seller all those years? Marvin was on the awards list at the dealer meeting his last year with BRP for top 5 in customer service. Doesn't make sense to me....

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I agree that alot of stores need to be upgraded out there but for someone to come in to your store and tell you that you need to spend x amount of capital on your building in the next couple years or they are gonna yank your dealership then I call bullchit. What ever happened to loyalty to that dealer that was your top seller all those years? Marvin was on the awards list at the dealer meeting his last year with BRP for top 5 in customer service. Doesn't make sense to me....

I agree its sucks for Marvin and his customers. What can yea do? Maybe he could start selling Polaris?

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Most tech's today can make way more money in the patch or doing heavy duty for trucking companies than in a toy store. Guys complain about $100/hour labor rate but don't want a high school kid working on there toy. You can't have it both ways.

Exactly. Thats why I fix my own stuff most the time. Or go to guys like the Mickus,Mountain Majic, Boost it ext that charge good money,,,but do good work.

Top Bottom