Firestone air ride air bags

mudboy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Any one using these air bags on their trucks ??? I was thinking about puting some on but was looking for some feedback. If you have them where did you get them and what is a good price. Or would I be better off going with an extra over load spring. Looking for ideas?? It is for a 2005 dodge 3500. The new 5th wheel tends to sink the back end a little and just trying to level things out

Thanks

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
any one using these air bags on their trucks ??? I was thinking about puting some on but was looking for some feedback. If you have them where did you get them and what is a good price. Or would i be better off going with an extra over load spring. Looking for ideas?? It is for a 2005 dodge 3500. The new 5th wheel tends to sink the back end a little and just trying to level things out

thanks

i have the air bags on my '06 dodge 3500 cummins megacab... I also have the remote compressor so i can add or remove air while driving with the load... Works awesome, and saves from having an even stiffer suspension/ride than the dodge already has.... We've installed quite a few of these now, and not one problem on any of them..........

xsyourride

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Air bags are the only way to go.You can adjust them to the load ,they help smoothen out the ride.With over load springs ride is usually rougher and non adjustable.For a set of Dodge 1 ton air bags you would be looking at $370

funinsno

Reaction score
Have put them is many trucks, mine as well as friends, they work great. The nice thing about them is that you can adjust the pressure according to the weight of the load.Just remember they do not increase the payload of the vehicle you are installing them on.As for price shop around, they can vary. I find that Standens Spring is very competitivly priced here in Calgary

BIGFOOT

Reaction score
Yes they are good. Been using them on trucks since 1995.... Not one bit of problems with any components. I put them front & back on the Concorde (SD) Under hood compressor with limit switch with inflate/deflate switch & gauges. I also mounted under chassis reserve tank for external air use.. eg (Pump tires & air Horns).
Last cost I paid was about close to near $385.00 a set. compressor, in house switches & gauges,tank all extra. Got mind at an off road shop.
Mudboy, I did run all my air lines through rubber garden hose right to the bag fitting (Keeps lines from exposure)...I recomend it ! :):beer:

Showtime

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have ran them on trucks in the past and currently have a smaller version installed on my wifes Tahoe to tow our boat. Can't remember what i paid but i got the family discount:d from Buzz Boxliners on the west-end.

Scuba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a lot of friends that have them and they are more than happy with them, two guys have the compressor and love it. way better than putting another leaf in.

Murminator

Timber King
Reaction score
I got them on my Ram halfer I will never own another truck with out them they just smooth out ride soooo much towing or hauling. I don't have the compressor I just pump them up manually for the amount I use them. I paid $300+tax from Kevin at Rapid Revolutions :d

hmmc

Reaction score
I have a set on my dodge 3500 love them for towing and when my sled deck is on also. I got mine at traction in Edmonton for around 325.00. Had them on my gmc 5500 mechanics truck and they were well worth the money on that unit over 150 000km trouble free. I know they recommend always having a little bit of air in them that is the key or a little rock can get in and put a hole in one. As for compressors and switches you can rig up a on the fly fill and dump for about 60.00 at princess auto. The only other cost is the compressor. I got my compressor out of an electric over air seat out of a rock truck.

shoppingcart111

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just put them on my 09 GM 1500, the best invention ever, got them from Xsyourride on here, best price I could find and excellent customer service.

sleddinfamily

Reaction score
Take a look at this website Vehicle Suspension Kits - Timbren Suspension Enhancement Systems They replace the stock bumper block between the frame and axcel, they install in about 20 minutes. I use these on my current Dodge 3500 dually mega cab and haul a 41ft toy hauler all summer and a 32ft 5 place sled trailer in winter.they prevent body roll aswell as rear sag. No concern with leaks and cold weather. I believe I paid about $200 from Fountain Tire in Leduc Ab.

firecatab

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a set for a 1500 hd from Standen's used for approx 2 months then sold vehicle if anyone is looking for a set??

feyd

Reaction score
I don't have them yet, but I will be getting a set soon for my '06 Chev 3500. I have a sled deck and will eventually be pulling a travel trailer to go with the set-up. My dad has some on his '04 2500HD to help with their 5th and he said they were great.

I will also be buying a Viair On Board Air system so I can run air tools, inflate tires and airbags, etc. I also need the air system for my air horns which are getting installed this spring.

Top Bottom