Factory released 2 Stroke turbo’s

NoBrakes!

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
what is the speedwerx supercharger setup like? jack shaft driven to belt?

FastFarmer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They rip, especially if you have the know how to keep them set up and going. I found wayyyyy too many texts, calls and visits to the doctor with them, but that just me, I’m not a mechanic. They are pretty rad though, sound awesome and produce the good stuff, but really a Turbo 2S is so reliable nowadays that it’s hard to argue with an off the shelf kit for the vast majority of people as that will give em a little kick in the ass and they’re happy with 180/190hp.

LBZ

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
beleive its ran off the Magneto side of the engine somehow

talking with a friend of mine with one he seems to absolutely love it.

Really their just half a turbo right? So by eliminating the extra weight, heat and space that a turbo pedestal and exhaust extras require I see this as a simple soloution to the keeping the power at elevation dilemma.

ABMax24

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Really their just half a turbo right? So by eliminating the extra weight, heat and space that a turbo pedestal and exhaust extras require I see this as a simple soloution to the keeping the power at elevation dilemma.

I'd like to see the dyno numbers compared to a turbo. My thought has always been that a supercharger will blow a lot of air right through the cylinder and out the exhaust because the intake and exhaust are open at the same time, while a turbo has back pressure to keep the charge in the cylinder. Unfortunately I have yet to find similar enough dyno numbers anywhere to prove this theory.

gunner3006

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I don’t believe there is much competition on the supercharger side either for the two stroke. Would make for a better product.

Lund

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This conversation can be dated back nearly 10yrs. Same things repeated by peeps, 2 stroke are more reliable then they ever have been. 10yrs ago guys were saying that same line and sure it had some merit but just like today....the factory turbo will be another conversation thread put up next season and many seasons to come.. LOL.
Its all about warranty, will any manufacture warranty a turboed 2stroke when their N/A 2stroke barely get's by, pretty tough to do and stay in business. Heck, it would do wonders for sell's that first year but i wonder how many would come back blown up?
I highly doubt we will ever see a factory turbo 2stroke, your more likely to see a slow change towards 4stroke's as EPA become more stringent.

LBZ

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'd like to see the dyno numbers compared to a turbo. My thought has always been that a supercharger will blow a lot of air right through the cylinder and out the exhaust because the intake and exhaust are open at the same time, while a turbo has back pressure to keep the charge in the cylinder. Unfortunately I have yet to find similar enough dyno numbers anywhere to prove this theory.

The numbers would be less right out the gate when comparing equal compressor sizes simply because your using hp to make boost.

Conventional sc 2 strokes use a port timing system so the exhaust side is closed before it blows all the a/f mixture through and doesn’t use a case scavenge design. Speedwerx seem to have figured it out without changing the engine design though. Not sure how they overcome the issue of blow-through unless it’s done via their custom pipe but it works.

Probably why their sc kit that makes 225hp costs 8g US!! Cut the price by half and I bet they would outsell turbo’s!!

Last edited:

JungleJim

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My buddy had a supercharged Apex when I had a turbo Apex and his mileage was absolutely horrible! If this translates to a 2S then highly doubt it will ever happen with EPA etc. Maybe today's electronics can mitigate the impact....

Dawizman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have high hopes, but I'm not sure it will happen. It has to pass emissions testing, and noise testing which as proved by the ski-doo 850 isn't easy anymore.

I wouldn't be surprised to see two-strokes dropped entirely sometime soon to be replaced with 4-strokes, but that will be decided by the EPA as to when they want to drop the emissions hammer down on that one.
We'll have mandatory four stroke chainsaws soon enough too because of those clowns.

Lund

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We'll have mandatory four stroke chainsaws soon enough too because of those clowns.

Actually we have electric chainsaw now that far surpasses a gas chain saw in cutting power and longevity. I know i have one and my gas saw is now collecting dust from sitting on the shelf.

gunner3006

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Actually we have electric chainsaw now that far surpasses a gas chain saw in cutting power and longevity. I know i have one and my gas saw is now collecting dust from sitting on the shelf.

I think they serve a great purpose. Couple buddy’s have them for there sxs’s. Very handy. No gas to worry about. Still rocking a 371xp from the late 90’s. Tough to let go of the husky or stihl

tbaysledder

Reaction score
I really hope to see a factory turbo the sleds are getting as lite as as they can without compromising strength. The new sleds are almost balanced perfectly other than going to carbon fibre Wich is expensive as hell it only makes sense to turbo. That being said you would really hope that it’s at least 200hp were almost there now. We can only hope ��

Top Bottom