Driveshaft Bulletin!!!

cs5

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes, thats what you shall have to do.....but the end result has to be an improved stronger bullet proof shaft that will take everything that a consumer will put it through....and that is something that hours of Polaris's rigourous testing will not come close to achieving.....

Exactly but that will not happen before the weekend. A clamp can :) the thing about that is not everyone that has one of these machines is on S&M so many are riding without it and they are the ones that fail. If it comes from Pol then ALL owners can have one and end the destruction or at least minimize it for now.

Canuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This whole thread is funny. Talk about a mountain out of a mole hill.

One manufacturer makes a huge leap in the snowmobile industry and all it needs so far is a $70 clamp. Pretty easy compared to the $$ I bolted to my 08XP. Looks like these new sleds keep getting better and better.

Haven't heard 1 bad thing about the XM!!, that's promising. Then again I rarely if ever troll around over there... my spare times is just too limiting.

duck

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
This whole thread is funny. Talk about a mountain out of a mole hill.

One manufacturer makes a huge leap in the snowmobile industry and all it needs so far is a $70 clamp. Pretty easy compared to the $$ I bolted to my 08XP. Looks like these new sleds keep getting better and better.

Haven't heard 1 bad thing about the XM!!, that's promising. Then again I rarely if ever troll around over there... my spare times is just too limiting.

Yes, this thread is hilarious at times. Its also very informative. Probably more info here than over at snowest.
Yes, Polaris took a giant leap. But, they needed it in order to keep up to Cat and Ski-doo.
The only thing holding Polaris back is their current 800 engine.
The driveshaft remedy is coming.....and so is an engine that will rock!....but, expect teathing problems there too. Its just the nature of the beast. They all have good chassis and the mountain world has the best sleds ever right now!

Jeff K

Reaction score
Fellow 2013 Pro Owners: I will be in Revy this weekend and I will have a spare complete 2013 driveshaft with drivers and RK Tek reinforcement clamp available. If you or one of your buddies blow a driveshaft and want to get back on the snow shoot me a PM with your number and I will get a hold of you. The driveshaft can even be changed out on the hill instead of paying for a Heli.

etecheaven

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Fellow 2013 Pro Owners: I will be in Revy this weekend and I will have a spare complete 2013 driveshaft with drivers and RK Tek reinforcement clamp available. If you or one of your buddies blow a driveshaft and want to get back on the snow shoot me a PM with your number and I will get a hold of you. The driveshaft can even be changed out on the hill instead of paying for a Heli.

Boy thats gonna be a very valuable drive shaft. A guy could make a killing selling those things at the bottom of the hill.

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
pretty cool of you to offer this, good on ya Jeff K.

DiggsNWt

Reaction score
Polaris is known to stand behind their products. They will come through for us PRO RMK customers.

It takes time to define the problem and develop an appropriate solution.

Diggs

DiggsNWt

Reaction score
Re: Drive shaft Service Bulletin S-12-05!!

$100 solution......you know the money was the main factor in this decision if its true.....

And if this solution works, then what is the problem with going the route of the collar? Polaris is addressing the issue in the best way they can at this time. Does anyone seriously believe that Polaris could develop an entirely new driveshaft design, test it, then mass produce it so that their Pro RMK riders can be on the snow with confidence this December? This is the only solution at this juncture of the season. I am thankful that Polaris is delivering a solution for everyone instead of just addressing the issue on a sled by sled basis.

Diggs

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: cs5

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

And if this solution works, then what is the problem with going the route of the collar? Polaris is addressing the issue in the best way they can at this time. Does anyone seriously believe that Polaris could develop and entirely new driveshaft design, test it, then mass produce it so that their Pro RMK riders can be on the snow with confidence this December? This is the only solution at this juncture of the season. I am thankful that Polaris is delivering a solution for everyone instead of just addressing the issue on a sled by sled basis.

Diggs

I agree Diggs. But deep down in your heart don't you wish for a bulletproof shaft with no collars on it from Polaris?

tukernater

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

And if this solution works, then what is the problem with going the route of the collar? Polaris is addressing the issue in the best way they can at this time. Does anyone seriously believe that Polaris could develop and entirely new driveshaft design, test it, then mass produce it so that their Pro RMK riders can be on the snow with confidence this December? This is the only solution at this juncture of the season. I am thankful that Polaris is delivering a solution for everyone instead of just addressing the issue on a sled by sled basis.

Diggs
Hey here's a Brain fart if the 2012 steel shaft works why not change them all out with that one .

theunit1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Regardless the matter polaris is loseing this battle big time ! Not inpressed one bit with the bandaid fix i agree get 12 shafts in or something a little better then a clamp . Give it a week and the next thread will be Broke shaft with clamp what next ?

Pistonbroke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
POLARIS RECALLS ENTIRE 2013 PRO RMK DRIVE
SHAFTS

Polaris issues ENTIRE 2013 PRO RMK Driveshaft recall!!

The Polaris Technical Service and Snowmobile Engineering teams have received field reports of broken drive shafts on a limited number of MY13 600 and 800 PRO-RMK snowmobiles. This condition has been caused by a manufacturing process variation resulting in insufficient press fit and strength between the drive shaft and sprocket-side hub insert.

While affected parts represent only a small percentage of total production, Polaris will fully stand behind every sled produced and apply the repair to 100% of MY13 PRO-RMK models. Please perform this Service Bulletin on all 2013
600 and 800 PRO-RMK units. This ensures our customers will have full confidence their snowmobiles will not experience a drive shaft separation.

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
POLARIS RECALLS ENTIRE 2013 PRO RMK DRIVE
SHAFTS

Polaris issues ENTIRE 2013 PRO RMK Driveshaft recall!!

Right on,

I am curious how they are gonna change it. We should all chip in 5 bucks to a pool and buy a new shaft and slice it in half to see..

Anyone in?

DiggsNWt

Reaction score

As per the Service Notice from last week, there is an issue with the MY12 driveshaft not being compatible...and, why would they have thousands of these driveshafts laying around?

Polaris delivered a solution for everyone. I'm going to enjoy my MY13 Pro RMK with confidence and so will many many other MY13 Pro RMK owners whom will not even know there was an issue.

Diggs

kyle019

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Good on poo for stepping up, rode a '13 poo last weekend and they are unreal machines. Now everyone can enjoy there '13 pro's once they get the replacement shaft in and not worry about getting towed out

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
from the dealer PDF....looks quite familiar, like the one that was drawn up right on this site....

pooshaft5.png

duck

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Well, I'm glad they reacted as fast as they did, its a temporary thing for 2013 and the updated stronger, better glued shaft will be in the 2014.
I think everyone can be thankfull that there are these forums on the internet that address these issues as fast as they do.... Can you imagine if there was not this way of communicating?
Polaris saw the problem, reacted and now its done.
Case closed......:):beer::beer::beer::beer::beer:

kidder17

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am the proud owner of 3 sets of clamps....

1- Tyson H. Clamps from Parkland ( Thanks Tyson, currently installed and have served thier purpose well)

2- RKTEK Clamps Ordered from RKTek, these have yet to arrive (Ordered Mid Nov.).

3- Pro Clamps Ordered from HFRRP, Have yet to arrive.

LOL, Frick I love spending Money! I think I fit into some of the sayings in My signature.

Top Bottom