Driveshaft Bulletin!!!

cs5

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am perfectly happy with this fix, thanks Tyson for building this ahead of time. Now lets ride. As for the doo boys that are disappointed in the fix... ummmmm why do you care? Problem solved in my mind and I think the only change you will see on the 2014 is better QC on the assembly period. That's just my guess.

gopherchoker

Reaction score
Nice to see that Polaris couldn't admit their drive shaft was too weak and now they steal the consumers temporary fix and use it as their permanent fix. Seriously recall the shafts as a safety recall and give your customers a new shaft that will last the entire life of the machine. What do you suppose the resale value is going to be of a three year old sled with a weak clamped together driveshaft?? This is still only the beginning of the problem. Consumer confidence is easy to loose and hard to gain.

cs5

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Makes sense to me, I think it is a fine solution. Happy riding everyone.

Attachments

• snow-bulletin-s1205.jpg
    snow-bulletin-s1205.jpg
    213.2 KB · Views: 222

LennyR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Nice to see that Polaris couldn't admit their drive shaft was too weak and now they steal the consumers temporary fix and use it as their permanent fix. Seriously recall the shafts as a safety recall and give your customers a new shaft that will last the entire life of the machine. What do you suppose the resale value is going to be of a three year old sled with a weak clamped together driveshaft?? This is still only the beginning of the problem. Consumer confidence is easy to loose and hard to gain.

But they didn't have your confidence before this driveshaft issue in 13 , as is evidenced by your purchase this year, so how is it that this present issue has changed your opinion ? And why do you care ? I don't have a Yammy and im not buying one, so I don't care what they mess up or excel at.

Tyson.H

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This thread was cleaned up, please keep the brand bashing down. This is an informative thread about the Polaris drive shaft bulletin.

Thx.

My last post was removed and i wasn't brand bashing anything i was just explaining my theory no brands involved

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
As long as the guys riding are happy, who cares. Nice to see that they are replacing shafts for free that have been altered as well.

Climber1

Reaction score
Glad to see I'll be getting some free oil:) Over 300k so far and loving every day out. Haven't seen any local sleds with this problem but it looks like Polaris is on top of it. Went to the 600 this year because my ego doesn't need an 800. Not sure I can tell the difference yet. Probably just old age;-)

mclean

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
3 had to get choppered or towed out today in boulder alone that I know of. One with only 170mi on it. Kind of nuts. You would think they would have tested these new poos in powder before they started selling em.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

cs5

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
3 had to get choppered or towed out today in boulder alone that I know of. One with only 170mi on it. Kind of nuts. You would think they would have tested these new poos in powder before they started selling em.

We already know what the problem is and what the solution is, your post is completely pointless at this point especially in the DRIVE SHAFT BULLETIN thread.

cs5

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
P

Sounds like someone needs a hurt feelings report

Not at all, I'm just sick of guys like you taking a useful thread and turning into 26 pages of non relevant information that requires 2 hrs of reading to find the information that is really about the topic which is DRIVESHAFT BULLETIN. I don't hang out in the DOO forum because I COULD CARE LESS if they are having problems or not. There are plenty of threads started where you can talk about how many you have seen hanging from a chopper BUT IT"S NOT THIS ONE OF THEM.

MATTIAC

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not at all, I'm just sick of guys like you taking a useful thread and turning into 26 pages of non relevant information that requires 2 hrs of reading to find the information that is really about the topic which is DRIVESHAFT BULLETIN. I don't hang out in the DOO forum because I COULD CARE LESS if they are having problems or not. There are plenty of threads started where you can talk about how many you have seen hanging from a chopper BUT IT"S NOT THIS ONE OF THEM.

realistically the only useful info in this thread was the bulletin posted by polaris, so maybe that should be its own sticky in the polaris section, and we can use this one to make fun of polaris!! kidding we don't make fun of polaris, we save that for on the hills! :)

mclean

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Reason why I posted that is because a couple guys said they had 400-500kms on theirs already and had no issues. Figured I would let them know what I saw first hand so that they don't think they got one of the good ones and end up down in some bowl with a hefty tow bill.
Get the update...

LennyR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
realistically the only useful info in this thread was the bulletin posted by polaris, so maybe that should be its own sticky in the polaris section, and we can use this one to make fun of polaris!! kidding we don't make fun of polaris, we save that for on the hills! :)

Who's we , you and Cuso, that'd sorta be like 2 handicapped kids sitting on the bench in the playground laughing and making faces at the football team.

thegeneral

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It must piss off all the doo guys, With the problems the pro is having and its still better then the doo. :)

Whoa skip, that's a mouthfull!
I can't imagine any scenario where a pro is better than a DOO, a better rider on a pro maybe.
I rode with Danbot last week, he was on his 13 pro and it went wherever he pointed it

Thegeneral

Top Bottom