Doo oil cap

sketch96

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I bought the doo oil cap for my 2013 just to be on the safe side. BUT when i put my motor back in my sled and went to bleed the pump i barely had any oil running out of the bleed orfice. I cracked the cap on the oil tank and all of a sudden i had alot more oil running out. It was definitely holding vacumn. Not sure just hiw small the vent is in these caps but it was holding back the oil flow quite a bit. Not sure if anyone has really checked it this way before but i am going to buy the passo cap with vent line so that there is no vacumn at all. I want to know my oil pump is getting unrestricted supply to it

FYI

Ol' Sarge

Reaction score
I bought the doo oil cap for my 2013 just to be on the safe side. BUT when i put my motor back in my sled and went to bleed the pump i barely had any oil running out of the bleed orfice. I cracked the cap on the oil tank and all of a sudden i had alot more oil running out. It was definitely holding vacumn. Not sure just hiw small the vent is in these caps but it was holding back the oil flow quite a bit. Not sure if anyone has really checked it this way before but i am going to buy the passo cap with vent line so that there is no vacumn at all. I want to know my oil pump is getting unrestricted supply to it

FYI
Which Doo cap do you have? 519000273 is vented. 519000194 is not. The Paaso cap is a good solution but $. I've also seen guys put in a hose barb in the highest part of the tank with a check valve in the line.

Last edited:

gdhillon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Which Doo cap do you have? 519000273 is vented. 519000194 is not. The Paaso cap is a good solution but $. I've also seen guys put in a hose barb in the highest part of the tank with a check valve in the line.

Which one is for a 14/15 xm?

knocksum

Reaction score
You guys are crazy. Drill your cap and install a 90 degree fitting. Attach a hose and run it to the coolant and add a small loop. Maybe 7 dollars.

knocksum

Reaction score
Hang the hose on the coolant/chain case side. When you dump the sled the hose is high enough that the oil will not run out. Also works when rolling over.

gdhillon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
how do you tell if its vented? I just took a look at mine and it doesn't have a # on it just says xps

Teth-Air

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You guys are crazy. Drill your cap and install a 90 degree fitting. Attach a hose and run it to the coolant and add a small loop. Maybe 7 dollars.

One better is to install a fuel filter on the hose as it sucks air well but oil moves very slowly through it. buys a bunch of time if sled is up side down.

2Quickrides

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
On a note on these caps, with the Poo cap installed and everything stock, I was averaging ~45-50:1 depending on riding and conditions.
After this weekend with the Doo cap and going to 2.25 gearing being the only changes, it is sitting around 25-30:1. That was just doing the around way of measuring. I'll keep an eye on it and do some accurate measurements to see if it stays around that ratio.

ken.gee

Reaction score
You can also melt a pin hole in your stock cap. There is a YouTube video on it, works well.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk
It's the second time I hear of this video...and searched seemingly every possible tag combination on YouTube with no luck lol. Would you happen to have a link or video title?

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Top Bottom