Do you remember!

Switch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Do you remeber!:Ponder: drive-ins and all niter's, Friday nites and car-hops at the Dub:hemiCoupe:. The Board walk downtown when Edmonton had some downtown. Going down memory lane, ops its showing my age, have a great weekend.:cool:

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Do you remeber!:Ponder: drive-ins and all niter's, Friday nites and car-hops at the Dub:hemiCoupe:. The Board walk downtown when Edmonton had some downtown. Going down memory lane, ops its showing my age, have a great weekend.:cool:

How about the Beachcomber Restaurant? What a great place with the wicker chairs and those fancy Hawaiian drinks to go with a great surf and turf.

catinthehat

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Aw sh*t, every once in a while somebody has to do something like this just to remind us how old we really are.
Wonder if these things will make a comeback like so many of the fashions from back then??
Enjoy your trip down the lane.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Aw sh*t, every once in a while somebody has to do something like this just to remind us how old we really are.
Wonder if these things will make a comeback like so many of the fashions from back then??
Enjoy your trip down the lane.

a come back? What ya talkin about willis? i'm livin it everday.

goodngrubby

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Aaaaahhhhhhhhh.....deep tinted windows and a drive-in theatre....those were the days.

moyiesledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Some of the pics I found while looking for old sled pics the other day showed you in some "fashions" that really never should come back!

Ya, OK....me too!

We were a lot thinner back then. WTF??? :D

eclipse1966

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
those were the days but I sure hope bell bottom pants dont come back :nono:

Every 16 year old who got their drivers license in Golden would head up to A&W for lunch during school. Sure miss having your burger served to your car.

overkill131313

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
friday and sat night cruzing and racing on jasper ave! 1/8 mile race track on the street up in the industral park in Salmon Arm.......hand started drag racing at mable lake (enderby)...... the 4 screen drive-in at Calgary.....the drive-in at Salmon arm.......the drive-in in kamloops......now they are all gone and we get a drive-in at enderby! times were much nicer back then.....back then you could go out for a night for 1/10th what it costs now just for fuel.....lol.....I know you old timers will say you could go out for under a few bucks.... movie tickets....gas for the car......snacks at the movie......and buy a pack of smokies or a case of beer for a few bucks.......guess I'm just not that old yet! I do remember gas being sold(for my sled)by the gallon next door to my house.....but when I started driving gas was around 38 cents a liter with major gas wars down as low as 6-7 cents a liter.......I remember one day they payed you to take away propane like 2 cents a liter!......boy have times changed!

a gas war now is trying to find it a few cents lower that anyone in the city on a certain day of the week! lol

Last edited:

northern bear

RIP May 30,2022
Reaction score
When used to go to work for days/weeks on end and the only form of communication with you family was an XJ phone or the local pay phone if you were lucky enough to get to a town.

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
Ah, yes..... The boardwalk downtown edmonton ...... That was kool.......... Edmonton international speedway.......... That was kool too, when the "foxhunt" was held :)

gforce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yep the a&w in beverly and the twin drive in's...cruzin in my 55 chevy..good ol days!

what_next

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i do miss the old time impromptu car meets and cruises during late summer night

barleyfarmer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Barrhead drive in opening on May long with a line up all the way to the two mile corner!Trying to out smart the cops on hiding spots for sneaking booze in!And when May long weekends were t-shirt weather!!

Switch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The Cap, the Rex the Crest, The Riv, the Highwaymotor Inn and on and on and on.:party2:

papajake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the wife was a car hop at the A&W in camrose when we first started dating and the drive in was still open just outside of camrose

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Any one ever go to the old "ZOO" (bar) in duncan BC ? Long since gone now.......... We used to go quite often and get banned for life at least twice a month ?????
I guess we were good customers.......lol Learned alot about life in that place. Or the old drive in at Duncan, which my brother in law used to own...............Frickin steering wheels...................

Top Bottom