Do you remember!

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yep sure do. That was awhile ago.
Supposedly Peters brother. Last one shut it's doors in the early nineties.
There was a place up around 20th ave and 19th st nw called Big Dicks. Awesome burgers. run by an Aussie dude who'd toss a shot of rum in your coke around Christmas time if you were a regular.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Supposedly Peters brother. Last one shut it's doors in the early nineties.
There was a place up around 20th ave and 19th st nw called Big Dicks. Awesome burgers. run by an Aussie dude who'd toss a shot of rum in your coke around Christmas time if you were a regular.

So they would have been Bob and Gus Peters. Good trivia!

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was gonna say Bob should have took the north location and Gus the south. Burned some gas over the years driving north for a lunchtime burger. Lol.

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was gonna say Bob should have took the north location and Gus the south. Burned some gas over the years driving north for a lunchtime burger. Lol.

No chit, I remember being an apprentice on the ShellCourt building construction getting sent to Peters to pick up 25 double cheeseburgers and fries for our crew for Friday lunch. PITA trying to juggle 20 shakes driving a standard tempo down Centre street.

barleyfarmer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The beer strike back in the 80's!!My first bunch of bootlegged beer was Olympia and Rainier!!!Still tasted good when you were underage!!LOL!!

eclipse1966

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The beer strike back in the 80's!!My first bunch of bootlegged beer was Olympia and Rainier!!!Still tasted good when you were underage!!LOL!!

hahahaha. that is horrible stuff! That strike is how Kokanee beer got their big break as they were close to the Alberta border. I remember guys from Alberta would come to my dad's restaurant in Golden asking to buy cases from him.

Top Bottom