Do you remember!

Murminator

Timber King
Reaction score
Yup downtown was cool and whyte ave is where the fags hung out......I refer it as the "Rock City" days....I miss that place

overkill131313

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Any one ever go to the old "ZOO" (bar) in duncan BC ? Long since gone now.......... We used to go quite often and get banned for life at least twice a month ?????
I guess we were good customers.......lol Learned alot about life in that place. Or the old drive in at Duncan, which my brother in law used to own...............Frickin steering wheels...................

tilt is a must! lol

goodngrubby

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I miss the rat-hole....it was good entertainment seeing a different truck stuck in it every second week.

eclipse1966

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yep, the ol "blue-bottle bark"...back then it was awesome...now it's just annoying. Holy sh!t, I'm getting old.

hahahaha. I know exactly what you mean! I had a Chevy step side 4x4 with headers and blue bottles that sounded awesome when I was in my '20s but now in my 40's is another story! Snap, crackle, pop we used to say!

Scrambled

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have 4 older sister and they all worked a the drive in and a&w at one time or another so got to go lots,plus my parents wouldnt let them go to the drive in with boys unless they took me or my brother,got lots of trips to the concession to by me candy or whatever so they could be alone,watched quite afew shows from the swing set.They still have a dog in suds in Willaims Lake.

Trashy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Wow.... this made me think back! Growing up in West Jasper Place

170 St, used to be a drainage ditch
Co-op hills, where WEM is now
Bonanza on Stony Plain Rd
Driving my older brother's Ford Curiuor's up and down the alley( think I was 12?)
Pa Peterson's had the best ice cream
Happy pop
When we moved to Aldergrove, the Parkland drive in was across the field. Mom packed us a treat bag, me and my sister would go through the fence, turn up a few speakers. Sit on the outside of the fence and watch movies.
How many laps could you do around a traffic circle.

Last edited:

shan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Driving my older brother's Ford Curiuor's up and down the alley( think I was 12?)
Happy pop
When we moved to Aldergrove, the Parkland drive in was across the field. Mom packed us a treat bag, me and my sister would go through the fence, turn up a few speakers. Sit on the outside of the fence and watch movies.

wow!!!

I didn't know you were that old Doug!!!! :eek:

and a "criminal" too

lol :) :beer:

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Peter's Drive In in Calgary. Wait....................................they are still there!

shan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
lol....

so "somebody" (not saying names.... Doug :rolleyes:)reported my post about calling them "old" and a "criminal"

lol :beer:

Trashy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
What was the name of the place in Red Deer on gasoline alley? They made the best burgers, and the bbq sauce was incredible!

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Happy pop

Pa Peterson's is still there, and wow you are old!

Top Bottom