Def shortage coming

turbo392

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
He predicts we will have rolling brownouts become a normal thing.
When our power providers start promoting smart meters in our homes (and list the benefits to us), time to find your own power generation if you can. Having the power turned off remotely at home will now be a reality. (you can keep your milk cold until your electric Hummer runs out of lightning)

Last edited:

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They’ve had rolling blackouts for 20 years at least. Nothing to do with EVs, but I’m sure their numbers won’t help the situation.
That’s the point I was trying to make. It won’t get any better when EV cars hit on mass

ABMax24

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
When our power providers start promoting smart meters in our homes (and list the benefits to us), time to find your own power generation if you can. Having the power turned off remotely at home will now be a reality. (you can keep your milk cold until your electric Hummer runs out of lightning)

Utilities can already do this, except instead of shutting of a single house they shut down an entire neighborhood. Its a safeguard for the grid, much better to shed load and shut off power to a percentage of the population then to overload the grid and cause a widescale blackout.

House level control has also been around for a long time, places like Australia have had such control on electric water heaters for 60 years, its a very effective way to limit load on the grid with little effect to the consumer. Most people would never even notice if the utility shut off the power to their water heater for a few hours at peak time in the evening so everyone could continue to run their AC units.

SmartMeters will likely be used for time of use billing instead of to shutoff power to peoples houses. Which makes a lot of sense, people should pay an additional cost if they want to charge their EV in the evenings at peak times, where if they can shift that load to the night time its better for grid operators and financially advantageous to EV owners.

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Coop has a pile of def

smokinD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I know a guy that's quite high up in management in epcor, I told him the other day I was building an off-grid property. He said that was by far the best idea anybody could do right now, the shitstorm that is coming because of government policy is going to be enormous. He predicts we will have rolling brownouts become a normal thing. The cost of natural gas and electricity will be almost unaffordable for a grid that is unreliable at best, unless something changes with the direction we're headed in
And they just spent recently 10+million to rebuild/upgrade those transmission lines from the south if i remember correctly. The amount of bureaucracy in this bs is astounding, especially when alot of things are "Energy star" compliant compared to 20years ago.

Legend14

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I know a guy that's quite high up in management in epcor, I told him the other day I was building an off-grid property. He said that was by far the best idea anybody could do right now, the shitstorm that is coming because of government policy is going to be enormous. He predicts we will have rolling brownouts become a normal thing. The cost of natural gas and electricity will be almost unaffordable for a grid that is unreliable at best, unless something changes with the direction we're headed in
Dude you gotta have a S&M house warming party!

Zrock

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I sell bulk def and i have heard of not shortage. But i did hear last week from our supplier that the price is going to double in the next few weeks

Truebro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was staying at the Best Western the other day and I wanted some of those flavoured creamers for my coffee. The girl informed me they can’t get them anymore thx to the supply chain issues...tough world!

SUMMIT TREE

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not here in Bonnyville
It was damn near triple the last time we bought one. Like 68 bucks or something stupid and its small

2kDoo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
pallet sitting on 175st napa, was there yestersay

Top Bottom