Def shortage coming

JayT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anyone know of a company in Edmonton area that will delete a Kubota Skid Steer?

Dragonalain

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If that’s true sure glad I bought a 45 gallon drum to feed that L5p. Shorty after I got the drum I picked up a ford. At the rate the ford burns def I’ll have enough for a few years.

Covid sale on def low low price of $50 a jug .

sledneck__11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Is this kinda like the "BRP 2stroke oil shortage" & but everywhere you go has 100 jugs 🤣
Fack at my dealer no engine oil no gearcase oil and no coolant, but i always got my reseves i should list it up for double seems like the cool
Thing to do these days

Dragonalain

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
On sale at Canadian Tire. Too bad this has a shelf life. I have 3 - 45 gallon drums of it at home

I inquired about the so called shelf life on def. The rep said that if it’s stored in a cool dark area and stirred yearly it will last way longer then the one year they say. I’m not scared to use it in 2 or 3 years.

acesup800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It is simply water and urea mixed together. As long is isn't in the heat and water or the ammonia hasn't evaporated you are all good. I'll take those garbage 45 gal drums if you want!

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That cool location has to be very cold, summer will shorten the shelf life.

In other forums guys will test the urea before the dump it in, the warmer states have more urea problems.

smokinD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
:unsure:

The Lowdown on Urea

Farmers globally have created a strong demand for urea, also a key ingredient in nitrogen fertilizer, in the midst of five major urea producers undergoing scheduled shutdowns that are expected to last 4 to 8 weeks.

Those shutdowns also create higher logistical costs for both urea and DEF, as they must be shipped from supply points further away.

Although the DEF index (NOLA) prices have stabilized after a six-month escalation, Jobbers World stated in June, “many distributors, however, are faced with continued cost increases related to DEF. This has led to price increases in June that are decoupled from the index.

The world’s highest consumer of urea and urea fertilizers is China, which uses almost one-third of global urea production. In 2018, the country’s urea production hovered around 69.5 million metric tons.

“The quality of urea used in DEF is higher than that used for agricultural purposes, so when that base line of urea increases, all the products that use it increase up the chain,” said SCL General Manager Travis Becktel. “We don’t usually get to prepare our customers for price increases, but in this case, it’s safe to say our DEF customers should start making moves to account for those. That means contacting an SCL expert to talk about measures like bulk purchasing, savings elsewhere through different products or ordering patterns. SCL partners with a supplier that’s minimally impacted by urea shortages and the supply of DEF right now as these factories continue their shutdowns, but supply is limited. We definitely encourage our customers to place their orders now so they can be prepared.”

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
:unsure:

The Lowdown on Urea

Farmers globally have created a strong demand for urea, also a key ingredient in nitrogen fertilizer, in the midst of five major urea producers undergoing scheduled shutdowns that are expected to last 4 to 8 weeks.

Those shutdowns also create higher logistical costs for both urea and DEF, as they must be shipped from supply points further away.

Although the DEF index (NOLA) prices have stabilized after a six-month escalation, Jobbers World stated in June, “many distributors, however, are faced with continued cost increases related to DEF. This has led to price increases in June that are decoupled from the index.

The world’s highest consumer of urea and urea fertilizers is China, which uses almost one-third of global urea production. In 2018, the country’s urea production hovered around 69.5 million metric tons.

“The quality of urea used in DEF is higher than that used for agricultural purposes, so when that base line of urea increases, all the products that use it increase up the chain,” said SCL General Manager Travis Becktel. “We don’t usually get to prepare our customers for price increases, but in this case, it’s safe to say our DEF customers should start making moves to account for those. That means contacting an SCL expert to talk about measures like bulk purchasing, savings elsewhere through different products or ordering patterns. SCL partners with a supplier that’s minimally impacted by urea shortages and the supply of DEF right now as these factories continue their shutdowns, but supply is limited. We definitely encourage our customers to place their orders now so they can be prepared.”
This is why we can’t trust the looney left politicians to steer us in the future. They have no clue the problems their stupid policies create in other sectors. More emission controls create shortages in the farming sector which then limit food production on the planet. Wait till all these electric cars get built and the infrastructure for them can’t keep up. California is a perfect example of that right now. Even with low EV builds they have rolling brownouts all
Summer long

JayT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This is why we can’t trust the looney left politicians to steer us in the future. They have no clue the problems their stupid policies create in other sectors. More emission controls create shortages in the farming sector which then limit food production on the planet. Wait till all these electric cars get built and the infrastructure for them can’t keep up. California is a perfect example of that right now. Even with low EV builds they have rolling brownouts all
Summer long
I know a guy that's quite high up in management in epcor, I told him the other day I was building an off-grid property. He said that was by far the best idea anybody could do right now, the shitstorm that is coming because of government policy is going to be enormous. He predicts we will have rolling brownouts become a normal thing. The cost of natural gas and electricity will be almost unaffordable for a grid that is unreliable at best, unless something changes with the direction we're headed in

turbo392

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Summer long
They’ve had rolling blackouts for 20 years at least. Nothing to do with EVs, but I’m sure their numbers won’t help the situation.

Top Bottom