Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Walmart had lots of chips yesterday

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
100 ships from around the world, mostly from Asia, parked off the California coast waiting to be unloaded. Not a problem with the docks, but the problem is not enough truck/transport drivers in that area, to haul the containers from the ports. Apparently the chips are onboard some of those cargo ships

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
100 ships from around the world, mostly from Asia, parked off the California coast waiting to be unloaded. Not a problem with the docks, but the problem is not enough truck/transport drivers in that area, to haul the containers from the ports. Apparently the chips are onboard some of those cargo ships

Crazy they can’t find drivers or trucks

NoBrakes!

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I read the trucks cant be registered before 2010 or something? so no trucks to do the hauling...

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I posted that story on Crackbook and they flagged it as false info? WTF?

catalac

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
100 ships from around the world, mostly from Asia, parked off the California coast waiting to be unloaded. Not a problem with the docks, but the problem is not enough truck/transport drivers in that area, to haul the containers from the ports. Apparently
the chips are onboard some of those cargo ships
1634772639712.png

Current anchored ships, green ones are cargo.

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Oh just the union

It is, the truckers are the teamster union, they kicked out the independent owner operators years ago.
The port opened up to 24 hrs of operation and they cannot get more trucks. I’m sure they could more trucks if the they would allow non members in the port.

Mike270412

Golden Boy
Reaction score
It is, the truckers are the teamster union, they kicked out the independent owner operators years ago.
The port opened up to 24 hrs of operation and they cannot get more trucks. I’m sure they could more trucks if the they would allow non members in the port.
Nobody wants to go to California.

Cdnfireman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So if the teamsters kicked out the independents years ago, why is this the first year of the big backups? If you’re correct, the backups should have started the day after the independents were booted out, right?

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So if the teamsters kicked out the independents years ago, why is this the first year of the big backups? If you’re correct, the backups should have started the day after the independents were booted out, right?

Huh?? It’s a chain of events that caused this, have you read about it???

My point was if they want to get rid of the back log and the so called lack of trucks and drivers, than get more companies in the port, and stop relying on the same old ones.
You do not need a container chassis to haul a container.

Last edited:

catalac

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We need more new Canadian drivers, they must have slowed down imports,

Top Bottom