December snow conditions!!!

deyell01

Reaction score
We just left today heading up there from wainwright coming to shred. Drive cannot go fast enough

Give me snow and lots of it!!!!

Dragin

Reaction score
A buddy and I are headed up Friday as well... don't know the area very well been a couple times in 5 years. was wondering if we could tag along...

Sure look for a khaki dodge dually with a black trailer 2 M1000 s and a Polaris. One mountain virgin and two of us that try to get out but life keeps trapping us at home. I've been to renshaw a few times but every time it was overcast and poor visibility so didn't get much exploring done. The more the merrier!

j.c.higgins

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not sure about Barry but i know some guys who hit spirit and farther. In the lower areas around the lake and trees great snow, once they hit the wide open areas and higher up the snow was a bit windblown. But sun was out and they had a great rip! On another note all trails have been groomed and are ready for the weekend riders! Renshaw usually groomed Thursday, Friday and Saturday and some Sundays depending on rider numbers. Lucielle usually done Saturday and then one other day during the week. Belle usually done once a week usually Monday or Tuesday depending on numbers.Higgins.

Last edited:

rsw84

Reaction score
Rite Arm, Thanks Higgins !! Just the info i was lookin for.

Not sure about Barry but i know some guys who hit spirit and farther. In the lower areas around the lake and trees great snow, once they hit the wide open areas and higher up the snow was a bit windblown. But sun was out and they had a great rip! On another note all trails have been groomed and are ready for the weekend riders! Renshaw usually groomed Thursday, Friday and Saturday and some Sundays depending on rider numbers. Lucielle usually done Saturday and then one other day during the week. Belle usually done once a week usually Monday or Tuesday depending on numbers.Higgins.

dragontamer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Rode Lucille yesterday. Up on the tops it was pretty wind blown and the main hills are pretty tracked up. Dropped down into the butterfly and the waterfall and wasn't much of any tracks in those areas. Found some untouched snow. Was a good day. Can't wait for the next big dump!!!

Live To Ride Ride To Live

bbtoys

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yes we did and the report is the same as this one. snow has settle alot so good base. back up on Sunday as I am helping with the avy awareness day tommorrow. will do Winebergers on Sunday. damn forgot to reply with quote from higgins

Dean10

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Pictures say 1000 words.

Whats the snow pack at the Renshaw cabin look like?

That is usually a good gauge.

blastoff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
good snow today prob 6 to 9 inch at least. poor visibilty but a god day.

Giv'er

Reaction score
all said and done should be a solid foot of fresh for tomorrow at ren!!!!!! storch did you make it to the holy land?

groomed and 1ft of fresh with sun tomorrow will be good. no complaints here.

treemongrol

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Snowing here this morning just over an inch since i got up at 5 snow is good setting up well nice base lucille the main area is pounded out but theres still lots of untouched we were there friday rode untouched allday while everybody else waz in the main area trying to prove themselves the usual areas are rode out in the renshaw but still lots of area that are untouched for those of us that hate crowds. The tops are windblown still but getting better in the valleys and trees it is great.

bbtoys

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How's the fuel been in mcbride? Is there still only the one gas station?
yes only one station and the co-op card lock. no problems with av. of fuel. diesel is still restricted at the card lock to 300 liters. per day

j.c.higgins

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just talked to Hotrod and he groomed both Renshaw and Lucielle last night (Saturday). He said the Renshaw had at least a foot of new snow when he reached the cabin at 10pm and was still snowing hard. Actually he has to run out to the Renshaw parking lot this morning to plow because some sledders are stuck because there's a foot of snow in that lot. Licielle he said it started to snow really hard there a 5am but he wasn't sure how much accumulated because he was just getting off the hill then and by 11am this morning the sun was back out and things were shaping up nicely. "Mongrol how'd you get out of the house"! I thought you told me you could only ride Sunday, Monday or Tuesday!! Higgins.

blastoff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yesterdays snow storm at Renshaw and a trail ride blunder into the ditch, 100_0803.jpg 100_0805.jpg 100_0809.jpg

SnowDog

Reaction score
thanks for the pics!! Sitting here on the beach in Cabo Mexico it's helping to cool me down It's to hot here Looking forward to Xmas week in McBride! But for now I will enjoy the heat in Cabo!

OnlyPolaris

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
rode renshaw yesterday as well and it was great. Snowed hard all day, visibility was limited but it was great in the trees. Had to be a foot of fresh. It was snowing hard enough that a couple minutes after you made a track you couldn't tell which ones were fresh. Will be a lot of untouched up there. Snowed hard all the way down the trail and there was about 4" on the trucks in the parking lot. Should have made today great and should be good for a couple more days.

Top Bottom