December snow conditions!!!

High Velocity

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Dan, we rode Blue on Wed. and Thurs. 2 1/2 - 3 feet of powder both days and never saw another rider outside of our group. Awesome trip. No pics but that'll change. Wifey got me Liquid Image 1080P goggles for xmas and they finally showed up today. Can't wait to try them out !

higher n you

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
few more....can't get the vid of the chopper up. FYI $650 CASH OR $750 plastic for the get out of ravine card. we got a great show and helmets full of snow. thanks craig e. whoever you are for the free show

Attachments

• mcbride 016.jpg
    mcbride 016.jpg
    119.7 KB · Views: 557
  • mcbride 017.jpg
    mcbride 017.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 552
  • mcbride 020.jpg
    mcbride 020.jpg
    114.2 KB · Views: 564
  • mcbride 019.jpg
    mcbride 019.jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 553

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I will gaurentee it was groomed and if you read my other post you will know why it was not set-up. grooming in the middle of the day when it is above freezing does no good except for the first 10 guys maybe. and when the snow balls up and rolls off the trail there goes another couple of inches of snow, and what I meant by stopping grooming, was meant to read when it is this warm. all I and some others have had is a christmas break with a ton of calls and unhappy sledders when the culpert is the weather. to the guy that said---groom it and then don't charge---so we should spend 800 bucks a night on fuel and expenses?? what so you could still bitch about the rough trail, 10 days for christmas break is 8000, never happen even with a club that had money.
I didn't believe this either until I experienced it first hand this weekend. Loosened all my fillings coming down Renshaw but it is not the groomer's fault. I have ridden non groomed areas in better condition because the people who go to these "exclusive" areas have half a brain and don't hammer the throttle at every opportunity. Once again the snowmobiler may the snowmobilers worst enemy.Strange how well an ungroomed area can stand up when used properly.
Like everyone else I did not enjoy the ride out but that is life with limited riding areas and getting into the lack of snowmobiler support to clubs is a whole new topic on why we now have limited riding in BC.
Was a great stay with you and the missus the last few days, ribs are feeling better so I may stop by on Sunday night when I'm back in town for another ride. Brothers and I coming in for a one day ride.

SnowDog

Reaction score
I apologize for my comments the other day about the trail conditions on Renshaw and blaming the groomer I was an uneducated arm chair critic and now I am an educated on how weather can play real havoc with the trails. Again my apologies. Keep up the good work u guys do in McBride to keep us sledding, much appreciated !

Danbot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I found my Spot! I also wanted to send a thanks out to all the people and businesses in Mcbride who make it a pleasure to go there for sledding trips!
Here's a few pics from thurs in Renshaw
DSCF6045.jpg

DSCF6091.jpg

S0016039.jpg

DSCF6079.jpg

DSCF6081.jpg

DSCF6116.jpg

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Definatly not a safe place to ride with the conditions rated at high, below cornice is not to bright at any time actually. Getting past all the previous trail condition whining the snow conditions in McBride are excellent for this time of year!! Any snow up in Renshaw the past few days???

Danbot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looks like someone has a death wish in pic#5.
Yeah our thoughts exactly as we watched him from across the valley. Here's a pic of the clown in action!
DSCF6080.jpg

Later when we returned we saw a SECOND SET of tracks!
DSCF6105.jpg

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
few more....can't get the vid of the chopper up. FYI $650 CASH OR $750 plastic for the get out of ravine card. we got a great show and helmets full of snow. thanks craig e. whoever you are for the free show
Where were thes pic taken at? Weinburgers?

Shredder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Definatly not a safe place to ride with the conditions rated at high, below cornice is not to bright at any time actually. Getting past all the previous trail condition whining the snow conditions in McBride are excellent for this time of year!! Any snow up in Renshaw the past few days???

Almost every trip you see guys under them. It's like they can't figure out why guys have been climbing all around that hill but somehow every other rider that went by skipped that one. :rolleyes:

Reactions: oly

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Almost every trip you see guys under them. It's like they can't figure out why guys have been climbing all around that hill but somehow every other rider that went by skipped that one. :rolleyes:
Common sence is not that common anymore, it just puzzles the shat out of me, and most of the guys have a wife and kids at home.

BrownEyes420

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just got back from McBride didn't sled today but yesterday at Lucille was awesome we found some nice deep untouched pow!! It was awesome as usual. I LOST my camera, that was the only bad thing, if you find it let me know BAHAHA as if :)

Newgen

Reaction score
Had an amazing weekend in the Renshaw. Had krazyk show us the trail into the ant hills. I've been here probably 6 times and have never experienced that area or that kind of untouched pow!! I brought 3 buddies that were very against the drive from Regina until they experienced the area and the hospitality around townWe drove strait home today after one of the hcr's lost it's helix and the weather was ridiculous this morning! But on the way we planned our next trip up for next month!

treemongrol

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'd like to thank the club and hotrod for all the hard work they do to maintain the areas that we ride, for those that don't know Rod he puts in endless hours trying to maintain the trails in good conditions and bad conditions and when he hears the negative comments he takes it to heart as he trys to have good trails all the time. There is nothing that can be done when the weather is warm and the trail doesn't set up. Have the complainers ever thought to keep a steady throttle going up the trails instead of being on/off all the time, no didn't think so. Also to the complainers how many of you actually belong to a club, Mcbride charges 25 bucks to become a member and there numbers are still low the more numbers a club has the louder voice they have when it comes to land tenure meetings. Just my 2 cents, again thank you Rod, Barry and everyone else who makes Mcbride one of the best areas to ride.

Top Bottom