December snow conditions!!!

flabbajabba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You honestly should. I bet it would shut 90% of the guys up after day 3 rolls around and it's 4 foot whoops all the way up to the cabin. They will be begging you to groom it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just make sure its a weekend I'm not coming:beer:
I've rode late spring after grooming stops and I love the groomer can't belive how bad that trail can get!

Newgen

Reaction score
Almost in Edson on our way, and these bluebird skies are upsetting me while I'm sitting in the truck. I'll take a couple grey/snowy days if we can get a couple sunny ones Monday and Tuesday. Jus Sayen.....

gm3d

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm not complaining about the grooming! It is what it is when it is warm. If each of us would be a lot easier on the throttle, maybe it would last a bit longer Heaven forbid that it might take 10 minutes longer to go up or down. Hope everyone has a safe sledding season.
cheers.

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
today we hit Bell. Second group up the trail which was nice. we turned off into the burn which killed a few hours. I went up to the cabin around 11:00 and there was knee deep snow everywhere played for a bit an headed down. bell had approximately 25 trucks parked. heard the woops were quite bad on renshaw trail.

SnowDog

Reaction score
just got down from Renshaw ..what a terrible trail Told it was groomed when we paid but obviously it was not Spoke with a group that was one of the first up today approximate 20 sleds in front of them and it was rough as hell than. I appreciate all the hard work the local clubs do etc but this falls strictly with the groomer. You know this will be an extremely busy week with the holidays etc plan for it Send the groomer up during the day etc. As for other comments about not grooming for a few weeks and we will be begging for it guess again there are many other place to go and spend my $$$$$

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
Renshaw was groomed at 8 pm in the evening. The temperatures were not there to set it up and 10-15 sleds going up the trail will turn it to crap when it's not set up. Bell was groomed as well. Lucile was also groomed. There is a sign at the trail head that indicates that the trail is being groomed tonight it has been groomed daily since the 27 th of December

Last edited:

kidder17

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
just got down from Renshaw ..what a terrible trail Told it was groomed when we paid but obviously it was not Spoke with a group that was one of the first up today approximate 20 sleds in front of them and it was rough as hell than. I appreciate all the hard work the local clubs do etc but this falls strictly with the groomer. You know this will be an extremely busy week with the holidays etc plan for it Send the groomer up during the day etc. As for other comments about not grooming for a few weeks and we will be begging for it guess again there are many other place to go and spend my $$$$$

Unless it is at least -8c outside the trail WILL not set up. Quit crying. There is nothing that can be done! The more the groomer is run on the trail during warm weather the worse the trail is actually going to get.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Last edited:

pipes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
another armchair groomer. it was +6 and raining lower and 0 at the top, would have done more damage to the trail to groom in that warm of temp, hell you would have been riding on gravel from 9km down if we had gone up that early, but if you think you can do better come on out and give it a go.
we are doing the best considering the weather conditions, it is the same all over the province.
I guess the other option would be to pull the groomers off and not charge while it is this warm, I'm sure that would not go over very well.
Today more problems, +2 and looks like blue skies are coming in.

You honestly should. I bet it would shut 90% of the guys up after day 3 rolls around and it's 4 foot whoops all the way up to the cabin. They will be begging you to groom it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey Barry you said it best."Another Armchair Groomer" Why is it that those that know so little about a subject are the one that are offering up their unwanted opinions.

S_R I don't think that will shut them up. I think it will only make them louder. But I like the way you think.

Last edited:

j.c.higgins

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Rode Belle today and glad we did, trail was good but the snow was better! On the sides we found 3ft down in some of the creek runs and burn area, but the norm was 1.5-2ft of fresh. even had a little sun. Had an awesome christmas ride in Mcbride a lot of fun! Down to valemount for New Years. Higgins.

Attachments

• Christmas & New Years 2011 023.jpg
    Christmas & New Years 2011 023.jpg
    175.1 KB · Views: 91
  • Christmas & New Years 2011 024.jpg
    Christmas & New Years 2011 024.jpg
    158.6 KB · Views: 86
  • Christmas & New Years 2011 027.jpg
    Christmas & New Years 2011 027.jpg
    188 KB · Views: 87
Last edited:

bbtoys

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I will gaurentee it was groomed and if you read my other post you will know why it was not set-up. grooming in the middle of the day when it is above freezing does no good except for the first 10 guys maybe. and when the snow balls up and rolls off the trail there goes another couple of inches of snow, and what I meant by stopping grooming, was meant to read when it is this warm. all I and some others have had is a christmas break with a ton of calls and unhappy sledders when the culpert is the weather. to the guy that said---groom it and then don't charge---so we should spend 800 bucks a night on fuel and expenses?? what so you could still bitch about the rough trail, 10 days for christmas break is 8000, never happen even with a club that had money.

Last edited:

bbtoys

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
snowdog, I'm not upset with your post, but this is how you and anybody else that thinks 10-25 sleds can't make a mess of a trail in warm weather can test my statement. build about 5 or so hoops that you think mirror the renshaw trail. let them freeze solid, wait for a warm day and put snow in the bottom of the hoops, wait 4 hours if it will stay above 0 for that long. now drive your sled over those hoops and you will see that all that soft snow in between the frozen high stuff will be somewhere besides between the high spots of your hoops.
hope this helps.

higher n you

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
pics of the gbca crew this week. good 2-3' fresh in the trees. lots of track inspections were had:D

Attachments

• mcbride 008.jpg
    mcbride 008.jpg
    208.6 KB · Views: 333
  • mcbride 005.jpg
    mcbride 005.jpg
    186.7 KB · Views: 341
  • mcbride 010.jpg
    mcbride 010.jpg
    156.8 KB · Views: 342
  • mcbride 018.jpg
    mcbride 018.jpg
    181.1 KB · Views: 335

Showtime

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
higher n you, great pics ! What's with the chopper ? Someone's sled need a lift ? Sent from my iPhone when I should be sledding.
None of our riders but apparently a rookie rider got bucked off, his sled proceeded without him over a bank and couldn't ride it out so they choppered it. Talked to the pilot they had 1 in re shaw and 2 on lucille in the same day. None of them were broke just guys riding where they shouldn't be. We had a wicked time our Xmas trip, conditions were unreal.

Mike270412

Golden Boy
Reaction score
Fuggin rookie riders,who brings them into Wineburgers???????????????Huh???
None of our riders but apparently a rookie rider got bucked off, his sled proceeded without him over a bank and couldn't ride it out so they choppered it. Talked to the pilot they had 1 in re shaw and 2 on lucille in the same day. None of them were broke just guys riding where they shouldn't be. We had a wicked time our Xmas trip, conditions were unreal.

Danbot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My group had an excellent sunny day in Renshaw on thursday, and a good tree day in Lucille today. Was great to see so many sledders having fun in Mcbride!

On another note, I may or may not have lost my Spot in Lucille today somewhere between the parking lot and the back of the main bowl! I'll dig through my sled gear tomorrow. I would sure appreciate a PM and return if it is found. Thanks

Dan

Top Bottom