December snow conditions!!!

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Any fresh conditions from up the renshaw.... Has anyone went up to teir mountain yet has the chute slip down yet making it a little safer

I told guys they shouldnt go there been to windy and such, they didnt listen and sure enough the top is all rock still.

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
hey Glen any word if guys have gotta into Blackwater?..or when is it a good time of the year to get in there?

The pics that bbtoys posted a little earlier was from them trying to break into the blackwater yesterday. I'm not 100% sure if they made it all the way in or not.. But yah there is LOTS of fresh pow up renshaw, there was only like 85 guys up there yesterday.

Danbot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We had 2 great days in Mcbride. Friday in Renshaw, and Saturday in Lucille made the best of the visibility conditions... lots of untouched deep in the trees. I probed just shy of 160cm on a random hill near the Renshaw cabin. I'm coming back with another group tomorrow morning to enjoy a couple days of sunshine! Seeya on the hills!
1.jpg

IMG249.jpg

IMG253.jpg

IMG_0901-1.jpg

IMG_0903-1.jpg

IMG226.jpg

IMG_0895.jpg

IMG_0990.jpg

Last edited:

M1000CAT

Reaction score
I told guys they shouldnt go there been to windy and such, they didnt listen and sure enough the top is all rock still.
Are you talking about teir being rocky. Renshaw should be good to go then.

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey just wanted to let everyone know that there is a guy in town doing a shuttle service around town(not the same people that were doing it before). So stop in at the shop and i can hook you up with his card or call me and i can get you his number.. Please spread the word so taht people can go out on our little town and have a great time and not have to worry about how they are going to get back to the room/cabin at the end of there night.

p.summit

Reaction score
Its been a while since i've been to Mcbride. Where is Renshaw exactly? i've been to Blackwater years ago thought they were the same place. I'm coming to Mcbride at the end of the month just want to get my bearings... The only spots i know how to get to from town is Lucille and Blackwater. Would like to know where Belle and Renshaw is and maybe a few others.

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Its been a while since i've been to Mcbride. Where is Renshaw exactly? i've been to Blackwater years ago thought they were the same place. I'm coming to Mcbride at the end of the month just want to get my bearings... The only spots i know how to get to from town is Lucille and Blackwater. Would like to know where Belle and Renshaw is and maybe a few others.

There are three main riding area's. And yes the blackwater and renshaw are same area. And belle is just west of town. If you stop in at the shop when you hit town i'd gladly explain or refresh how to get to all these area's for yah.

RUDY

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

here ya go this should help u out getting to Belle,and like Glen said Blackwater is in Renshaw so u know where that one is.
McBride to Bell - Google Maps

steveo10

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Hey just wanted to let everyone know that there is a guy in town doing a shuttle service around town(not the same people that were doing it before). So stop in at the shop and i can hook you up with his card or call me and i can get you his number.. Please spread the word so taht people can go out on our little town and have a great time and not have to worry about how they are going to get back to the room/cabin at the end of there night.

rite on thx! few weeks ago the owner of NCL gave us a ride he charged us mucho. think he would throw us a bone since we stay there many times a yr.

give Glen some cards too plz

bbtoys

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
hey Glen any word if guys have gotta into Blackwater?..or when is it a good time of the year to get in there?
lots of us in the blackwater on sat. and it was deep. didn't venture back to far due to vis. but we were up in the alpine and rod and steve broke the avy shute to the top of the anthills. the creeks are still runing so the throttle is your friend when you get to them.
oh and nobody was in on 23 as of sat.

glassman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Im confused, We originally called the renshaw "blackwater". I know there is the old way in and the road way in to the cabin. They are all connected so why would it be a different name? The anthills are on the old way as far as I know. There is also the alberta side and BC side to the renshaw so what area are you refering to as the Blackwater? Im old school and have been riding mcbride for 18 years or so. Im pretty sure I have been everywhere, even the places we dont talk about anymore.

jsquared

Reaction score
Road allen creek on thursday wasn't that great very windy snow was packed hard went all the way to the back lookin for powder with no luck. Road renshaw fri & sat and holy chit powder balls deep both days when we left sat evening it was snowin hard. Big thank-you to glen for gettin me up and running broke a power valve cable on the way into renshaw gave him a call he had the parts and had me up and running in mins THANKS AGAIN

Shredder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Most of the time when we head into Blackwater we go in at 27KM. If you are thinking of when guys used to come in up the waterfall; then we would head in from around from behind the saddle.

bbtoys

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Im confused, We originally called the renshaw "blackwater". I know there is the old way in and the road way in to the cabin. They are all connected so why would it be a different name? The anthills are on the old way as far as I know. There is also the alberta side and BC side to the renshaw so what area are you refering to as the Blackwater? Im old school and have been riding mcbride for 18 years or so. Im pretty sure I have been everywhere, even the places we dont talk about anymore.
We are calling the blackwater the area between 23 and 27 up the valley to your left if on the groomed trail, anthills are on your left and the saddle is to the right. yes one of the old ways in, not the chalco way. the groomed trail is refered to as the renshaw trail(which is acually the Mckale forest road because it is the Mckale River that is beside the trail) so the area refered to as blackwater is only the small valley off of the groomed trail to the top of the alpine and what we are calling gasoline drop( the small glump of trees as soon as you top out into the alpine) you most likely have more names than we do. is everybody confused now LOL

Last edited:

007sevens

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We are calling the blackwater the area between 23 and 27 up the valley to your left if on the groomed trail, anthills are on your left and the saddle is to the right. yes one of the old ways in, not the chalco way. the groomed trail is refered to as the renshaw trail(which is acually the Mckale forest road because it is the Mckale River that is beside the trail) so the area refered to as blackwater is only the small valley off of the groomed trail to the top of the alpine and what we are calling gasoline drop( the small glump of trees as soon as you top out into the alpine) you most likely have more names than we do. is everybody confused now LOL

Nope I follow ya Bud.

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anyone comin out from the city for this weekend that could bring some stuff out to mcbride for me??

Top Bottom