Days Inn revelstoke $$$$$$ up up and away!

Thistledoo

Reaction score
exactly....no hooks, the beds feel wore out and the place needs some up keep...just does. If they want to charge top dollar then spend some money on the place. They haven't spent zip and it shows!! I think its time to try some other places for sure, I too liked walking over to zalas as it was so easy ect. My buddy is gonna call out today and talk to the manager and get the full skoop as he knows her well....lets see what she says.

+SLEDWRECKS+

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Called out today to book rooms over the holidays and got informed the one bed rooms have gone up 35% from 105 to 142 and that includes the 20% off for the sledder rate, and these rates inc no tax. I like the days inn but the last couple years it just hasn't been like the old days when it was new ect. Time to try some new places maybe...what are guys experiences and has anyone got rates for this winter?

Holiday prices have been this way for years !

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Old Aboo was into customer service back then. Always watched for us coming in so he could grab our gear to dry it out for us. Not a pretty place but the price was right and our room was always clean? Found our 2 week old leftover pizza in the Days fridge so not to sure if they are up to par on cleaning rooms like some peeps think.

Haha old Chazz the Packy,, my dad loved that guy always gave us a good rate!

niner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Old Aboo was into customer service back then. Always watched for us coming in so he could grab our gear to dry it out for us. Not a pretty place but the price was right and our room was always clean? Found our 2 week old leftover pizza in the Days fridge so not to sure if they are up to par on cleaning rooms like some peeps think.

You brought back memories of the over powering scent of curry! He was good. Always gave us late check out on Sunday so we could shower after sledding, 8 hrs in the truck is too long to smell bad. It wasn't fancy but good enough for sledding.

Rotax_Kid

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Last year we stayed at the Peaks and I really thought it was alright for what we needed. Access to the trail was simple, no loading, and it was nice to have our sleds in a secure compound. Could buy fuel there so no hauling fuel, although it was slightly more expensive than in town, but total amount wasn't much of a difference.

Ladies in the restaurant would make us bagged lunches for the next day that we could pick up at breakfast in the morning and most of us never ate everything as there was quite a bit in there.

We did go into Zala's once and they came out to grab us in their shuttle so getting to/from after a few drinks wasn't an issue.

I'd stay there again. Missed my Tim Ho's coffee in the morning but that was about it.

Thistledoo

Reaction score
peaks is on my list to check out for sure....anyone stay at the glacier last year?? experiences? they have newer owners correct?

gibsons

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Peaks was nice when we stayed there. My only complaint would be the maid a few years ago who told us a few times that we should be leaving a tip on the bed since we can afford to drive expensive rigs and trailers. Kinda threw me off guard with that comment.

Thistledoo

Reaction score
Ok I called out and talked to ally the manager about this and she told me they have done some renos, new carpet and wall paper in some rooms. (When I asked last night the new girl at the front desk said nothing) She also told me pretty much the whole town has rasied there rates some so they had to follow. This wasn't meant to be a bash thread at all, just an awareness thread and what guys have seen at some of the other sled based hotels.

Last edited:

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
Ok I called out and talked to ally the manager about this and she told me they have done some renos, new carpet and wall paper in some rooms. (When I asked last night the new girl at the front desk said nothing) She also told me pretty much the whole town has rasied there rates some so they had to follow. This wasn't meant to be a bash thread at all, just an awareness thread and what guys have seen at some of the other sled based hotels.

Thank you for the positive update.

Tapatalk....well I'm happy with you now....thanks for the fix.

maierch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
maybe they can afford replace the beds and carpets

They did renovate all their rooms this summer. Apparently they're trying to recoup their costs for the renovations before the end of January.

TryHonesty

Reaction score
Screw in town hotels, Peaks is excellent, the only thing that sucks is how crappy the TVs are, but your not there for that.

Peaks has great prices, locked compound for your sled, ride in and ride out trails, premium gas on site and its own pub/restaurant playing sled vids nonstop.

06 Dragon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
peaks is on my list to check out for sure....anyone stay at the glacier last year?? experiences? they have newer owners correct?

A group of us stayed at glacier house. We rented the large group cabin. it was fine. The hot tub would hold six.Just walked over to the main chalet for meals.No complaints about the meals, accommodations or anything. Will probably stay their again this winter. That was a first time for any of us there.We had ample parking right at the cabin for two four place enclosed trailers and tow vehicles was still room for a couple of pick ups if needed. we always stayed at the Days Inn before as well.

007sevens

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So doing some math about this cause I think Meh to the whole thing. If you spend 30nights in revy which most never would. At $37 diff. It would cost you $1110 more a year.

The six beer and four highballs during the day would cost you. $1.50/beer and 4.50/highball. This runs in at $810.

If you ate an McD's instead of Zella's you could save another $15/day. so for the 30 days $450.

The result don't drink eat a McD's and you can still afford to sleep in a hotel. The alternative is drink eat and be merry and sleep in the truck.

Redturbo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The best was the Old Powder Springs downtown, $17 a night. If you wanted breakfast it was $24 a night. Cop shop across the street(kinda security?), couple blocks to the strip. Another run down place, last I heard they were charging $150 a night.

Chronic Cat

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The best was the Old Powder Springs downtown, $17 a night. If you wanted breakfast it was $24 a night. Cop shop across the street(kinda security?), couple blocks to the strip. Another run down place, last I heard they were charging $150 a night.

We've always referred to the place as mouldy mountain. I've never stayed anywhere else actually. The RCMP across the street is actually handy, never had a issue with sleds or gear.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We've always referred to the place as mouldy mountain. I've never stayed anywhere else actually. The RCMP across the street is actually handy, never had a issue with sleds or gear.
"Mouldy" Mountain may not be the best name for a motel. Just sayn..

Top Bottom