Corn flakes eliminates ANT problems

Treedragon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
One of my buddies had a crazy ant problem in his garage, so he tried every type of poison no luck they just kept coming back . Someone suggested to use corn flakes and all he did was sprinkle them on the ground and BAM problem solved

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Whats the deal with Corn Flakes? I eat them every morning with no problems. Lol.

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was just reading the corn flake ant idea on the interweb. We have some by a stump. I will try the corn flakes. Also will report on how well it goes.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My mom and dad have ants by there porch door. What the hey.........I'm trying it to.

Treedragon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My guess is they can't digest the corn, but I have no clue and I switched to frosted flakes after he told me!

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My guess is they can't digest the corn, but I have no clue and I switched to frosted flakes after he told me!

That sugar should really draw them in. I was told that a mix of Borax and powdered sugar works well on them to.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Not as friendly as corn flakes but malathion (the old fashioned bug killer my mother used on house plants) works wonders for ants. Just spray and they are no more!

I've sprayed that stuff on the outside of an ant hill and all the ants disappeared.

TROLLCAT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had them carpenter ants [them big black bastages] trying to move in my house a couple of years ago use the syrup from raid it didn't work, fought with them all summer finaly called ' the guy ' and he told me that the ants were coming from another nest , sat in my backyard on a lawn chair watched and sure enough about 30' from the they were coming out of the ground USED A ANT KILLER WHITE POWDER I can't remember what it was called poured it on there trails and in a week there were history

if they come back I will try cornflakes

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Corn Flakes, or corn meal even works better.
They eat the corn meal, feed it to the queen, and it expands, making them explode.

Doktor Doom works like a hot dam also. It is a residual spray, which effects their nervous system. The spray lasts for about a month, eventually getting to the queen from the drones tracking it in.
Water and Gasoline only make them relocate to another spot close by.

DRD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was in a bind the other day to get of a colony, didn't have anything so I grabbed a can of BrakeKleen out of my work truck, that stuff kills 'em on contact.

~Rowdy~

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This really works? I have an ant nest right by my back door that I've tried several things to get rid of. I'm going to try this corn flake and corn meal thing.

sumx54

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.absoluteadventure.ca
When I have some time on my hands I'll take an empty 5 gallon pail, shovel and go find me a real nice hill of red ants. I dig the works up and put them in the pail then go find me a great big ol black ant hill and piss them off a bit before dumping the whole works of the reds into the mix.... yeeee haaaa.... its on like donky kong.

polarisdragon800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Once in awhile when I am on the ride on mower. I spot a big ol' ant hill.. Raise the deck of the mower up with the blade spinning. Drive over the ant hill with the blade spinning over it and slowly lower the blade.. Hahahaha

Top Bottom