Cops!

sickcat05

Reaction score
so just the other day driving around with the GF cop pulls us over... we were not speeding or any of the obvious illegal stuff but get this he issues a ticket for her not having mud flaps....mean while there are people speeding past us and such im juts wondering dont they have better things to do like pull over people who are actually speeding or committing a crime! and just last night my buddy who also has a lifted truck got a ticket for not having bush guards around his wheel wells like wtf you buy these lifted trucks to have fun yet cops always have a reason to pull us over !!! anyway post your pull over stories here and tell me what you think...:beer:

2manykids

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Im sorry you got a ticket for not having mud flaps. Personally i think they should start right at the dealership. Have them put them all on before they leave the lot. After that ticket every car/truck/bus and anything else on the road that does not have them. Not only does it protect the guy behind you it also protects your body.
How does a new truck/car get a NVIS without them?

Any dealers/car salemen have a comment?

sledderdoc

Super Senior Member
Reaction score
so just the other day driving around with the GF cop pulls us over... we were not speeding or any of the obvious illegal stuff but get this he issues a ticket for her not having mud flaps....mean while there are people speeding past us and such im juts wondering dont they have better things to do like pull over people who are actually speeding or committing a crime! and just last night my buddy who also has a lifted truck got a ticket for not having bush guards around his wheel wells like wtf you buy these lifted trucks to have fun yet cops always have a reason to pull us over !!! anyway post your pull over stories here and tell me what you think...:beer:

They didn't really pull you over for mud flaps. They were looking for drugs. There is a special RCMP unit that simply looks for illegal drugs and the only way they can legally check is to pull you over for any minor infraction.

slomo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
it's an option,one that if it was added on automaticly people would complain that the dealer is gouging and they wouldn't pay for it,so if you lift your truck and dont put them on it's YOUR fault not the dealers,and yes there is a thousand better things the cops can do but that seems to be the flavor of the month,next will be bike exhausts

mudboy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wonder if the ticket was for the same amount my winshield cost when the guy that did not have mud flaps forced me to get a new windshield

2manykids

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
it's an option,one that if it was added on automaticly people would complain that the dealer is gouging and they wouldn't pay for it,so if you lift your truck and dont put them on it's YOUR fault not the dealers,and yes there is a thousand better things the cops can do but that seems to be the flavor of the month,next will be bike exhausts

Not just on lifted trucks , but the 9" off the ground cars. All should have them on, basically it is a law.

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
how do any of the lifted trucks get away with being on the road? isn't there a law as to how high your bumpers can legally be off the ground? what good are they when they meet the windshield of your hyundai?

steveo10

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
when i got my truck back in 05, i got pelted with gravel from a truck with no mudflaps, coming out of Peace River. chipped my hood, cracked my windshield.

payback was a b(*#h

Sleeper700

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I can't understand how people complain about getting tickets for things like this. It is your responsibility to make sure the vehicle you are driving meets the regulations. If not, and you get caught, you get a ticket, plain and simple. If you don't like the regulations, instead of complaining about how cops have nothing better to do, make an effort to get the regulations changed. I have the same beef with anyone getting ticketed for ANY vehicle infraction. I drive faster than the speed limit, but I don't plan on complaining if I ever get stopped for it. I CHOOSE to break the law by speeding, and will take the penalty for it if it comes. Either read the regulations on what your vehicle is supposed to have on it, and make the changes, or disregard the law, and QUIT WHINING when you are penalized for it. Rant Over.

Last edited:

crazy_wheeler

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hmmm..Friday afternoon a cute female Stony Plain officer pulled me over just south of town. Didn't get a ticket for no mud flaps on the truck, did however get a ticket for speeding.

2manykids

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I can't understand how people complain about getting tickets for things like this. It is your responsibility to make sure the vehicle you are driving meets the regulations. If not, and you get caught, you get a ticket, plain and simple. If you don't like the regulations, instead of complaining about how cops have nothing better to do, make an effort to get the regulations changed. I have the same beef with anyone getting ticketed for ANY vehicle infraction. I drive faster than the speed limit, but I don't plan on complaining if I ever get stopped for it. I CHOOSE to break the law by speeding, and will take the penalty for it if it comes. Either read the regulations on what your vehicle is supposed to have on it, and make the changes, or disregard the law, and QUIT WHINING when you are penalized for it. Rant Over.

I hear what you are saying , BUT if you do get caught dont say "thank you" i guess it make Mr. osifer angry;)

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Im sorry you got a ticket for not having mud flaps. Personally i think they should start right at the dealership. Have them put them all on before they leave the lot. After that ticket every car/truck/bus and anything else on the road that does not have them. Not only does it protect the guy behind you it also protects your body.
How does a new truck/car get a NVIS without them?

Any dealers/car salemen have a comment?

I asked a deaership about this same issue when i delivered a f650 that we installed a 4x4 conv. onto. they had a new f250 with what must have been a 10"lift the thing was 56" to the center of the headlights. 54" is max that a vehicle can have a be legal. salesman said not our problem it will be whoever buys it problem. wtf? if i am buying a new truck i expect it to be street legal when i drive it off the lot. am i being crazy to assume this?:confused:

2manykids

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I asked a deaership about this same issue when i delivered a f650 that we installed a 4x4 conv. onto. they had a new f250 with what must have been a 10"lift the thing was 56" to the center of the headlights. 54" is max that a vehicle can have a be legal. salesman said not our problem it will be whoever buys it problem. wtf? if i am buying a new truck i expect it to be street legal when i drive it off the lot. am i being crazy to assume this?:confused:

Yes how did they get the NVIS, knowing the truck is NOT street legal

blastoff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Holy Hannah since when do u have to have mudflaps on cars or is this only pick ups or what.

brew_doo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
didnt ya know in saskatchewan it is manditory if ya have a mid 70's car it must have running boards

Bought a used '91 Pontiac Firefly after high school when I was headed to U of S and it had running boards on it until I got it to the farm - they were very quickly removed.

Top Bottom