Cops!

Wylie262

Reaction score
i was pulled over near stony plain for mud flaps as well. and then upon proving that they were paid for and just waiting for the dealership to install. after that my truck was searched for drugs! what a joke.
im sorry im young and drive a nice truck!!

Transporter

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I didnt even read all this but guys that are all pissy about getting stones from a trucks without mudflaps are idiots. Most if not all my window attacks have come from small cars.It all depends on what kind of tires are on the vehicle you are meeting and if their tread is grabbing rocks.

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
WTF does this have to do with cops???????????????????

This thread should be called...." started out b*tching about COPS now B*tching about mudflaps"

And people think my "Meaningful Purpose" thread is dumb....... pfft

Last edited:

sledderdoc

Super Senior Member
Reaction score
Funny thread. These usually turn into angry pig roasts. Nice change for those of us who have cop friends.

Whoever said the thing about the minor infraction being used as a way to stop and look for other trouble is bang on. The ticket is still given in case someone complains about the stop being harassment; the ticket shows it was a legit stop and not profiling.

My buddies on that unit!! :beer::d:beer:

jaredszakacs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i could careless about your rocker panels, my windshield is more important, i cant believe your logic,,,, ugly on a lifted truck,, u should drive a smart car..........ty

flaps or not rocks will still find your windshield unless the flap drags across the ground it's just a known fact. and ya smart cars are for granola loving tree huggers something I am far from

des95yj

Reaction score
Vehicle Equipment Regulation, Alberta Traffic Safety Act

Section 64 – The requirement for mudflaps has been simplified. Mudflaps must extend to the horizontal mid-point of the axle when viewed from behind the vehicle.

i was pulled over in bc out side fort nelson for speeding doing 128 in 100 been in bush for 6 weeks straight just wanting to get home
officer comes to window and tells me that i was speeding and windows tinted and if i peel it off on side of highway he will not give that ticket then tells me my mudflaps are to high must be in middle of tire i told him i could fix that right now let air out of air bags truck lowers 2 inches so he is not happy
gives me speeding ticket 128 dollars and warning on tint
6 month later fine not paid get letter in mail saying fine been through out and dont pay it now
looked at ticket found out he dident write how fast i was going at what speed on highway
so when i came back up here now i slowed down he has a year to rewrite ticket dont want to give him a reason now

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i was pulled over near stony plain for mud flaps as well. and then upon proving that they were paid for and just waiting for the dealership to install. after that my truck was searched for drugs! what a joke.
im sorry im young and drive a nice truck!!

You don't have to let them search it. I would have told the cop to go f himself if he wanted to search my truck. Unless they have one hell of a reason, I will sit because someone higher in power has to come. Chances are they will forget it. It's just like i've heard cops put their hand in and put up someones window to prove they have tint. They aren't allowed to, and I wouldn't let them.

And yea, as far as mud flaps i've got it the worst from cars to. I put them on my trucks to keep the paint in good shape, not to protect from other vehicles.

Transporter

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thinking back I think my first hit was from my own front tires. Could use some flaps but yah just for my own paint.

007sevens

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I heard of a guy in Lloyd putting corn stocks in the truck of his car so that they drug on the road behind him, when he got pulled over and was asked why. He replied he was trolling for pigs, and said "I guess it works". Never heard what the cops reply was. LOL:d

KVF 700

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You don't have to let them search it. I would have told the cop to go f himself if he wanted to search my truck. Unless they have one hell of a reason, I will sit because someone higher in power has to come. Chances are they will forget it. It's just like i've heard cops put their hand in and put up someones window to prove they have tint. They aren't allowed to, and I wouldn't let them.

And yea, as far as mud flaps i've got it the worst from cars to. I put them on my trucks to keep the paint in good shape, not to protect from other vehicles.

Ya but sometimes its better for us young guys to just shut up and take it, to an extent. if you have nothing to hide, the search wont kill you. yeah sure you can say no to it this time, but pi&& off the cop once (especially in a small community) and they wont forget. could get your vehicle "black listed"
or whatever its called when they keep an eye on you. so maybe one day after having a brew after work and driving home, you'll get stopped just because of something minor since your on the "bad list" (im not promoting drinking and driving, just an example). or else if you say no to the search or argue about mudflaps, they'll start picking your @ss about things like exhaust, illegal tailights, dirty license plate, etc etc. sometimes keeping quiet keeps you out of trouble. :cool:

My friend that is apparently "black listed" got stopped the other day for driving on the shoulder of the highway headed north on highway 2 between clairmont and sexsmith. Just a little history, this highway is a couple years old and has such severe frost heeves that some tractor trailer units have lost there loads, and fifth wheels come undone. If youve ever drove there you no what i mean. point being id say 50% of people ride the shoulder as it is much less bumpy. He got a ticket for $265 for doing just that. what gives?

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya but sometimes its better for us young guys to just shut up and take it, to an extent.
very true, and good on you for recognizing it....no one wins in a pizzing match against the authorities. (except the authorities...lol)

My friend that is apparently "black listed" got stopped the other day for driving on the shoulder of the highway headed north on highway 2 between clairmont and sexsmith. Just a little history, this highway is a couple years old and has such severe frost heeves that some tractor trailer units have lost there loads, and fifth wheels come undone. If youve ever drove there you no what i mean. point being id say 50% of people ride the shoulder as it is much less bumpy. He got a ticket for $265 for doing just that. what gives
that is total BS....he must be a marked man because I have followed RCMP units doing exactly that on the stretch you mention, I was even passed by one just the other day while I was driving on the shoulder. I cannot believe how bad that stretch is....we paid for that? pulling a loaded 40 wheeler on that chunk is murder....I worry that the gooseneck will snap off from the heaves.....unacceptable.

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya but sometimes its better for us young guys to just shut up and take it, to an extent. if you have nothing to hide, the search wont kill you. yeah sure you can say no to it this time, but pi&& off the cop once (especially in a small community) and they wont forget. could get your vehicle "black listed"
or whatever its called when they keep an eye on you. so maybe one day after having a brew after work and driving home, you'll get stopped just because of something minor since your on the "bad list" (im not promoting drinking and driving, just an example). or else if you say no to the search or argue about mudflaps, they'll start picking your @ss about things like exhaust, illegal tailights, dirty license plate, etc etc. sometimes keeping quiet keeps you out of trouble. :cool:

My friend that is apparently "black listed" got stopped the other day for driving on the shoulder of the highway headed north on highway 2 between clairmont and sexsmith. Just a little history, this highway is a couple years old and has such severe frost heeves that some tractor trailer units have lost there loads, and fifth wheels come undone. If youve ever drove there you no what i mean. point being id say 50% of people ride the shoulder as it is much less bumpy. He got a ticket for $265 for doing just that. what gives?

I would never let any cop search my vehicle unless they had an EXTREMELY good reason. Don't care if they don't like it or want to blacklist my vehicle. I have nothing to hide, but it's still my property and not just going to let anyone go through it. Plus, there are to many cops I do not trust and I know there would be something missing or damaged anyways.

BS tickets will not hold. I told a peace officer to write me up for mud flaps and all the other BS he though was illegal but he wouldn't. Because I knew I was legal and if he wrote me a ton of BS tickets i'd get tinted windows thrown out and make him look like a idiot. He even went to reach in and roll up my window a bit to look at the tint, big mistake :eek:

To many cops on a powertrip that I will NOT put up with. I could careless about the badge they carry, unless they use it properly it means nothing to me.

Top Bottom