cool iphone app

raceu4it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
boarder in Revy tipped on this app called ski tracks, turn it on hardly uses any battery life, take pictures along the way and it shows on your route map. at the end click the end and then all your trip info is all listed. Well worth the .99 cents.

Attachments

• frisby tracking.jpg
    frisby tracking.jpg
    8.2 KB · Views: 388
  • tracking info.png
    tracking info.png
    32.1 KB · Views: 388

raceu4it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
it should cause it tracks in gps mode, no service needed at all. It tracked us from town to the back end of frisby and back to truck without a hiccup. will use this app for every ride. it even shows your lat/long location of your pictures.

knee deep in it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
one thing I learned this weekend at the CHris Brown ride was that electronics can play havoc with your beacon. When we did a beacon test, some of the beacons picked up the gps out of one of the trucks. This type of interference could cost you your life.

The instructors strongly reccomended not using a gps. If you have to have one, keep it turned off until you need it.

I wonder if any of the avy instructors could enlighten us to the possible interference caused by cell phones, especially in gps mode.

JoHNI_T

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
boarder in Revy tipped on this app called ski tracks, turn it on hardly uses any battery life, take pictures along the way and it shows on your route map. at the end click the end and then all your trip info is all listed. Well worth the .99 cents.

what did you guys loose? looks like a bunch of circles lol,,,,

very kool app,, kinda like the contour gps feature.....

but yes thats crazy how much some electronics interfear with beacons not good!

Marley

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I agree - the beacons should be on another frequency or have filters built in. Chances are that there will always be something around emitting waves of some sort.

SidewaysInto3rd

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
best bet is to keep your gps / cell phone / frs radio away from your beacon.

Either in your backpack, or ideally in your steering bag or tunnel bag. That way if sh*t hits the fans you ditch your sled and it's you and your beacon. Also makes it easily accessible if they are on your sled in a separate bag.

JoHNI_T

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
best bet is to keep your gps / cell phone / frs radio away from your beacon.

Either in your backpack, or ideally in your steering bag or tunnel bag. That way if sh*t hits the fans you ditch your sled and it's you and your beacon. Also makes it easily accessible if they are on your sled in a separate bag.

ya a few feet is not enough,,, I think it takes 1000ft at least.......

crowsfeet

Reaction score
well anyone looking to buy a magellan gps? i hope i can still find my ol rusty compass

EMANAARON

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Must be riding a pro to be doing circles like that.

raceu4it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Had a new guy that had never be to Frisby, and most people left revy monday, and i thought what the heck lets take a stab at it, got to the cabin and booked it past the dildo and the sun pops out for a couple hours. hence we were sunstruck and blinded and drove around in circles in 2-2 1/2ft fresh dry powder, and i was surprised as we rode out how the snow tightened up by 3ish. twas fun, and the tracking was pretty fun to see on the phone later.

fastdude

Reaction score
Check GPS Kit its a little exspensive at 9.99 but you can down load google earth maps of your area of choice when you have service to use when your out of service. has the tracking feature plus the picture feature.

Mare

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Thanks for the info. This will come in handy when we head to Swan Hills this weekend. Thanks :D

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

looks like they where following gps tracks and got lost? should have used a compass, or the stars.

Top Bottom