Conditions of Swan Hills?

sledder2009

Reaction score
As I am new to snowmobiling, my husband (experienced rider) and I are going to head up to Swan Hills tomorrow. Not familiar with the area....is there a staging area? Where is a good place to go? Please help, I am itching to ride again.

Mare

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Please post where everyone is going. We might head up there tomorrow as well.
We have been there 2 times, and we went down the gas plant road. Not sure how far, but if thats where everyone is going, how far down? I hear the roads are pretty bad that way.

Would like to hook up with some S&M 'ers, so, I will check back later and see what the plan is. Thanks, and hope to cya all there. :d

Mare

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sleds are loaded, and ready to go tomorrow. We dont know the area very well, and we dont want to get lost out there. So, was wondering if someone wants to meet us in Swan Hills, and maybe ride together? :d

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
Sleds are loaded, and ready to go tomorrow. We dont know the area very well, and we dont want to get lost out there. So, was wondering if someone wants to meet us in Swan Hills, and maybe ride together? :d

town of swan hills reccomends staging from the tourist info center on Hwy 33, I like you have never been to the area and have no clue where to go other than find snow and unload...

Mare

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Might have a change in my plans....My neighbor just got back from Swan Hills. He said the snow wast that good. :( He said the snow is the same around here as it is up there, so why waste the gas.

So, I think Im gonna stay around here. Sorry... :(

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Might have a change in my plans....My neighbor just got back from Swan Hills. He said the snow wast that good. :( He said the snow is the same around here as it is up there, so why waste the gas.

So, I think Im gonna stay around here. Sorry... :(

Ya I highly doubt that, not sure if he even knows where to ride but there is way more snow west of swan hills than probably anywhere in Alberta. Even out towards silver summit and tom hill tower area is holding about the same as west of swan hills. Have some buddies working out in these areas and they are showing me pics of 4+' of snow

Mare

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya I highly doubt that, not sure if he even knows where to ride but there is way more snow west of swan hills than probably anywhere in Alberta. Even out towards silver summit and tom hill tower area is holding about the same as west of swan hills. Have some buddies working out in these areas and they are showing me pics of 4+' of snow

He is up there all the time, has family there, so he knows where to go. But hes a rider that is used to mountains, so hes used to more snow. He said there is snow, but hard on the top. And if you CAN break through the 3" crust, its all sugar underneath, and all you do is trench and get stuck.

Im not saying there isnt any snow, just repeating what I heard. I hope everyone finds lots up there. Have a fun day. :d

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
trail riding utill it sofens up this afternoon...

We're gonna stage at the trapper lea staging area

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
Awesome day, lots of snow left up yonder...thanks guys & Gals...

swan hills1.jpg

swan hills2.jpg

stuck.jpg

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
Yes good day, warm and sunny. We took Ric to the swan hills hospital, no broken bones. He will be sore for a bit. Were just checking out. Then heading back. I broke my rail and lost my wheel but that can be replaced. It got warm and sunny and there was alot of powder to hit. The snow was almost as high as the stop signs

Mike270412

Golden Boy
Reaction score
Yes good day, warm and sunny. We took Ric to the swan hills hospital, no broken bones. He will be sore for a bit. Were just checking out. Then heading back. I broke my rail and lost my wheel but that can be replaced. It got warm and sunny and there was alot of powder to hit. The snow was almost as high as the stop signs
Bet the old fella can't get out of bed tomorrow!!!
Great news nothings broken!!!

SledMamma

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Bet the old fella can't get out of bed tomorrow!!!
Great news nothings broken!!!

What did I miss? What happened to Ric??

It was a great day with some fellow S&M'ers... Nice to sled with my babies and laugh with friends ;) I'm going to miss you all at Jamboree...

Mike270412

Golden Boy
Reaction score
What did I miss? What happened to Ric??

It was a great day with some fellow S&M'ers... Nice to sled with my babies and laugh with friends ;) I'm going to miss you all at Jamboree...
Apparently he tried to chop a tree down with his back!!!!
Guess it didn't turn out too well for Ric...tree and sled are ok,though...
You guys missed an awesome wiener roast!

SledMamma

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Apparently he tried to chop a tree down with his back!!!!
Guess it didn't turn out too well for Ric...tree and sled are ok,though...
You guys missed an awesome wiener roast!

There's no elegant way to say this, but I was thinking about the hot dog roast on the way home... Darn it

Top Bottom