Sled licence plate?

Teth-Air

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Take a photo of you plate and make a sticker 5x7 put on left side of tunnel. The real plate in my tunnel bag. NO HOLES. Been doing this for a few years and have been checked and the COs liked it. I also photocopy my DL and put it in with the insurance papers. Easy.. Make it easy so the CO's leave you alone and don't find your beer..lol
That may be accepted but the law says "clearly visible on the front or back of the vehicle". It is not legal on the side. I told this to the CO who told me to put it on the tunnel and he backed off. I had a tunnel crack from licence plate holes drilled a few years back. Your sticker idea is good only I did not know if they would accept that.

Eagle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That may be accepted but the law says "clearly visible on the front or back of the vehicle". It is not legal on the side. I told this to the CO who told me to put it on the tunnel and he backed off. I had a tunnel crack from licence plate holes drilled a few years back. Your sticker idea is good only I did not know if they would accept that.
It is acceptable. If you goto BC Gov website that is where i got the info with the size. I also have a snowbike and the sticker needs to be on the front forks or front number plate. Cheers..

Eagle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just take a picture of your plate and have a decal shop make you one. Honestly you can't tell unless you look close.

Trashy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Sleds, quads, dirt bikes.......... I carry my insurance & registration in a zip lock, in the same compartment as my license plate in my back pack
Everything is always current. I've been pulled over numerous times, on all machines. I explain to the CO or RCMP, that I refuse to mount a plate, until the manufacturer provides a place to mount one. Or the gov't comes up with a better system for all OHV's.
Young cops will give me a hard time about, not having it exposed. But I've never got a ticket it for it

MP Kid

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sleds, quads, dirt bikes.......... I carry my insurance & registration in a zip lock, in the same compartment as my license plate in my back pack
Everything is always current. I've been pulled over numerous times, on all machines. I explain to the CO or RCMP, that I refuse to mount a plate, until the manufacturer provides a place to mount one. Or the gov't comes up with a better system for all OHV's.
Young cops will give me a hard time about, not having it exposed. But I've never got a ticket it for it

I do the exact same…👍🏻

Lund

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Same here as you, its been a while since I have been checked, like years.
Not that I have not encountered CO's or RCMP but that is generally around popular(busy) riding areas in parking lots or cabins, which I tend not to be seen around.
Those guys can't ride worth ch!t so really never see them in the zones I hang.
Watch this if next time I'm out I'll get checked LOL.

BTW, last time I saw officials was at Blue Lake cabin, its a busy place and when you add the Owls connector it can be a zoo, not my type of zone.
Anyhow one of the officer was struggling to get his pack on, I couldn't help my self but laugh after he kept fighting with the pack getting hung up on his side arm. I asked him, what's the purpose of it. He replied "I know but if regulation as stupid as it looks" LOL

Last edited:

Eagle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Only place I have been checked is Blue River. Co from clearwater there alot, I think because of the cariboo zones. But trust me he can ride. They dress like everyone else. The only way you can tell is that he rides with a handgun..LOL dangerous sledders out there:rolleyes: Oh and he looks hard to ticket you.

skid

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Get this…. BC requires registration… but NO insurance…????

Think about that the next time you’re around a group and someone hits someone else… or a runaway sled comes zipping down the hill…. PL&PD should be the minimum everyone carries
I disagree, I hated the registration, as far as I’m concerned it was a money grab just like insurance is. It’s the back country, use at your own risk.⚠️

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Think about that the next time you’re around a group and someone hits someone else… or a runaway sled comes zipping down the hill…. PL&PD should be the minimum everyone carries.

I insure my sleds usually. Registration usually not.

zal

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We've been checked in Tumbler Ridge 3 times over the course of 5 years. Twice in the summer and once in the winter. SXS has it displayed but the sleds do not. He was good about my explanation on why its not on the sled but did say it should be on the sled.
Also, took our pictures too. Thought that was weird but who am I to argue.

Tchetek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If renshaw was open the CO’s would be set up at the ticket booth because it’s Alberta family day long weekend this week.

MP Kid

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I disagree, I hated the registration, as far as I’m concerned it was a money grab just like insurance is. It’s the back country, use at your own risk.⚠️

The registration thing is just the government making sure they get their share…. Absolutely retarded that a person pays tax on a used purchase…

As for the insurance, you’re leaving yourself exposed if you ride without it…
If you’re bum and own nothing, probably won’t bother you if you get sued… but if you aren't, you could be faced with serious trouble.
Liability insurance is cheap… I don’t know why anyone would ride without it…?

pano-dude

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The court system says different. There has been lawsuits from incidents in the back country.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The court system says different. There has been lawsuits from incidents in the back country.
In today’s world I don’t think I’d want to venture out without some kind of insurance. Especially if you are riding popular areas where some folks like to drink on the hill heavily. Better safe than sorry

Lund

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anyone riding without insurance is simply an idiot asking for trouble.
If I was sitting there or my wife and some random sled came burling through causing us injury, enough to lose time from work and financial hardship. Guaranteed be ready to be sued, you better have insurance or your life will be ch!t, ch!t happens.

My sleds are all insured for the benefit of everybody. I would feel bad enough if I was at fault, I would not want more head aches.

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com

Think about that the next time you’re around a group and someone hits someone else… or a runaway sled comes zipping down the hill…. PL&PD should be the minimum everyone carries.
You are required to have what your home province or state requires you to have. If you have no insurance and you’re from Alberta good luck. And that is not a great decision either and more than a risk, driving without liability insurance.

Trashy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
You are required to have what your home province or state requires you to have. If you have no insurance and you’re from Alberta good luck. And that is not a great decision either and more than a risk, driving without liability insurance.
This is the same with the States

Top Bottom