850 stator issue

altaredneck

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey all. Just curious if anyone has issues with the stator on a 2021 skidoo 850. Have it in at the dealership for warranty for a bad stator. They have put 2 new ones in and they burn up during the warm up. Kinda curious if anyone may know why this might be happening. Thank god it’s warranty. The dealership has now asked for assistance from brp to see if they can find out why. So far the dealership has been great to deal with. Hope they can find an outcome. Seems very weird

Lund

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey all. Just curious if anyone has issues with the stator on a 2021 skidoo 850. Have it in at the dealership for warranty for a bad stator. They have put 2 new ones in and they burn up during the warm up. Kinda curious if anyone may know why this might be happening. Thank god it’s warranty. The dealership has now asked for assistance from brp to see if they can find out why. So far the dealership has been great to deal with. Hope they can find an outcome. Seems very weird
Yes I have actually ran in to that, its a clearance issue between a coil and stator. It took for ever to find it and the dealer couldn't find it because it didn't fall within their training guide lines LOL.
The tight clearances causes a dead short frying the stator. Let your dealer know to check clearances.

altaredneck

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes I have actually ran in to that, its a clearance issue between a coil and stator. It took for ever to find it and the dealer couldn't find it because it didn't fall within their training guide lines LOL.
The tight clearances causes a dead short frying the stator. Let your dealer know to check clearances.
Thanks for that. Will let them know

ctd

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thats a good one. No adjustment for something like that so it must be something with the flywheel itself. Looking @ the flywheel & magnets I would expect to see something. Debri can enter that area & damage inside the flywheel, magnets can move or be damaged.

Lund

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thats a good one. No adjustment for something like that so it must be something with the flywheel itself. Looking @ the flywheel & magnets I would expect to see something. Debri can enter that area & damage inside the flywheel, magnets can move or be damaged.
Correct, there is no adjustment for something like that. I ended up using a file and creating clearance by filing one of the coils causing the issue. The coil had a very faint rub line from the flywheel magnets that their tech. missed or didn't know.
The dealer just kept throwing parts at it and the sled would come back with the same problem.

Top Bottom