Coated pipe

farmerboy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Have an exhaust gasket gone so pulled my pipe. I am thinking of spraypainting my after market pipe with Hi-temp engine enamel. Has anyone had sucess? Has anyone ever wraped it with header wrap?

Hooligen

Reaction score
I had APP in St. Albert do mine, he doesn't do it there but can have it done. I had y pipe, expansion pipe and stinger done and it was 300ish maybe 350ish i have the recipt at home dont remember the exact number but somewhere around there. It was about a week turn around time. Very happy with the results.
IMG00233-20111107-2242[1].jpg

farmerboy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wow Looks very nice Makes it look clean and tidy. I might as well get it coated because everyone I have asked at auto stores look at me with the deer-in-the headlight look when I ask about header wrap. I found some on line and it was $100

Carbondeath

Reaction score
Just call impact coatings in Edmonton that's probably who did it for app anyway. I had pipe and y pipe done there two years ago and I am pretty sure it was under $150 and they do a wicked job still looks perfect after 2 years.

Stg2Suby

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thinking of getting my pipe ceramic coated so called Impact this morning. Their turnaround is 5 to 8 days, costs approx $130 expansion chamber, $40 for y-pipe, $65-80 for muffler, they try to get inside as much as possible, parts are dipped in a cleaning solution then baked prior to coating.

Hooligen

Reaction score
There was a 20% cleaning charge if the pipes had been run before, thats probably where the 300 guess came from. Make sure when you get everything back take a rubber mallot and lightly tap all the peices to make sure all the polish beeds come out, probably not important on naturally aspirated, but BAD BAD for turbos.:cool:

LBZ

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Top Gun Coatings in Calgary did a good job on mine.
Prices were similar to what Stg2Suby got from Impact.

farmerboy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Top Gun Coatings in Calgary did a good job on mine.
Prices were similar to what Stg2Suby got from Impact.

Thanks I gave them a call and I wiil take to them to have a look. Decided to go locally because of shipping. Thanks everyone!!

Top Bottom