Catalyst Cat Chassis

Kind

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Little 600 is doing decent in these IG clips. It’s no turbo 850 but it’s pretty good for what it is.

Dawizman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Little 600 is doing decent in these IG clips. It’s no turbo 850 but it’s pretty good for what it is.

My kids Summit Gen4 600 can rip pretty good at low elevations too. Power wise at sea level they aren't far behind an 800 @ 6000ft

Mountainman52

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Skidoo been running the same REAR Skid for 30 years :ROFLMAO: oh and take a extra Chain case and track with ya when ya go ride the Boat Anchor.......

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Skidoo been running the same REAR Skid for 30 years :ROFLMAO: oh and take a extra Chain case and track with ya when ya go ride the Boat Anchor.......

Lmao! Dramatic are we? 30 years, humm try again, game over.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

smc

Reaction score
i’m not a cat fan by any means but when they come out with a real mtn motor and twin rail option in the catalyst chassis it will be a winner. i can almost guarantee you it will smoke a 9R.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

06 Dragon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I guess if you are into hop overs and re-entry’s. That’s what all the cool kids are doing these days.

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Keep the demo rides at low elevation, a 600 will feel better power wise with more oxygen lol

Levithan

Reaction score
Lol, you guys are funny. My sons 15 ctec 600 can hang with all the brand 800s-850s and is actually pretty fun to ride.
Didn't put enough av gas in my 17 mountain cat turbo a month ago in renshaw(found out on the way up the trail as my octane warning came on) and it was DEEP that weekend.
Went back to the trailer and grabbed my youngest sons(as he did not go) 15 m6000 153 2.6" as i didn't have time to drain my tank and refill.
Figured, ah this is going to suck.
Boy was i wrong, that thing chewed through 5ft of pow without issue and the times i got stuck, my buddies on there 800s were all stuck as well.
With the right gearing, track length and lug height a 600 can go pretty much anywhere an 800-850 can go as i hung with all of them.
Now, turbo's are another story and we are not talking about that here.
Any aftermarket turbo properly tuned and setup on any brand will eat a factory turbo sled no question but again a different class all together so let's forget them for now.
When Cat does come out with a new larger engine mountain sled, i'm sure it will be the cat's ass and more reliable than poo's and doo's blowing up left right and center, proven by muskoka.
Not to mention an N/A 850 does not make much more power than cat's ctec 800, what a joke(dyno proven at 167ish for the ctec and 175ish for the matyrx 850 and skidoo 850, but hey i got an 850 lol, comes down to setup and rider these days).
Give cat a break, when there new mountain engine comes out, i bet it's reliable and makes more power than poo and doo because there r&d is far superior.

Dawizman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Lol, you guys are funny. My sons 15 ctec 600 can hang with all the brand 800s-850s and is actually pretty fun to ride.
Didn't put enough av gas in my 17 mountain cat turbo a month ago in renshaw(found out on the way up the trail as my octane warning came on) and it was DEEP that weekend.
Went back to the trailer and grabbed my youngest sons(as he did not go) 15 m6000 153 2.6" as i didn't have time to drain my tank and refill.
Figured, ah this is going to suck.
Boy was i wrong, that thing chewed through 5ft of pow without issue and the times i got stuck, my buddies on there 800s were all stuck as well.
With the right gearing, track length and lug height a 600 can go pretty much anywhere an 800-850 can go as i hung with all of them.
Now, turbo's are another story and we are not talking about that here.
Any aftermarket turbo properly tuned and setup on any brand will eat a factory turbo sled no question but again a different class all together so let's forget them for now.
When Cat does come out with a new larger engine mountain sled, i'm sure it will be the cat's ass and more reliable than poo's and doo's blowing up left right and center, proven by muskoka.
Not to mention an N/A 850 does not make much more power than cat's ctec 800, what a joke(dyno proven at 167ish for the ctec and 175ish for the matyrx 850 and skidoo 850, but hey i got an 850 lol, comes down to setup and rider these days).
Give cat a break, when there new mountain engine comes out, i bet it's reliable and makes more power than poo and doo because there r&d is far superior.
The 600s are definitely capable and a lot of fun. Took the kids Summit 600 out in Clemina earlier this year and had a blast. You're lying to yourself if you think they are just as capable as an 800 though. 120 vs 160 hp for the same weight is a big difference. A decent rider will push an 800 way further than a 600. Yes a good rider can push a 600 just as far as a mediocre rider on an 800 sled, but that's apples to oranges.

I hope cat remains a competitor in the industry and keeps innovation strong for everyone. But they are truly falling behind.

Mountainman52

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ski Doo should be Embarrassed as they stoled the rear skid technology from Polaris ok 20 years ago, plus many other technologies........

snoflake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Riding an Arctic Cat must be like bragging about a getting participation ribbon.

2CEE6C73-C849-4950-BC94-649A58C066CE.jpeg

Kind

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
People commenting on Cat’s IG page saying the Catalysts are sold out already. If that’s true Cat either didn’t have very many to sell or the 600 didn’t deter many people.

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
People commenting on Cat’s IG page saying the Catalysts are sold out already. If that’s true Cat either didn’t have very many to sell or the 600 didn’t deter many people.

Probably the riot and zr out east is all sold out, trail queens like fuel efficient 600’s, and the odd guy who gets off trail out that way snagged up the m series models. Then the 2 guys who want to turbo it out this way snagged the scraps that were left

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
they probably only are building 100 catalysts as the rumours have them doing a mid season release by january 2024

Top Bottom