Catalyst Cat Chassis

ippielb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
that's my problem with cats current offerings. Its 20k for an M8000....WHAT? like you said, make them 12-14k and they are still a great sled guys would buy them. Polaris and skidoo dont have anything for less than 19k so if you want to offer old tech, make it affordable and they will sell a pile of them.
If i could buy a brand new with warranty 2019 hardcore twin rail for 12-14k i'd buy one right now.

feetsbig

Reaction score
I am really interested in a catalyst m series,I am old,63,and have had both knees replaced,currently ride a 17 mc 925 and an 18 mc silber turbo.I really hope silber gets a turbo system dialed in for them.I think with 180 horse that little 600 will be a lot of fun,as long as its as light as they are saying.I have had good luck with silber,I know its not going to compete wirh a doo or poo 850 turbo but my highmarking days are over.I really like the rider position and think it should be nimble and fun to ride

ZRrrr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am really interested in a catalyst m series,I am old,63,and have had both knees replaced,currently ride a 17 mc 925 and an 18 mc silber turbo.I really hope silber gets a turbo system dialed in for them.I think with 180 horse that little 600 will be a lot of fun,as long as its as light as they are saying.I have had good luck with silber,I know its not going to compete wirh a doo or poo 850 turbo but my highmarking days are over.I really like the rider position and think it should be nimble and fun to ride
Have had similar thoughts. One of the consistent comments about the Catalyst 600 is how potent and robust that 600 engine is. Slap a quick spooling turbo on and it would be one heck of a fun sled.

Ghfalls

Reaction score
Kinda like when you could buy a brand new summit sport 800 154 for $9999. Brilliant. The market would be there.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Have had similar thoughts. One of the consistent comments about the Catalyst 600 is how potent and robust that 600 engine is. Slap a quick spooling turbo on and it would be one heck of a fun sled.
It’s just the price point of doing this makes a guy wonder why when you can pick up a 22 turbo 850 for under 20

With caution and good decisions thrown aside can you supercharge that 600?

ZRrrr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It’s just the price point of doing this makes a guy wonder why when you can pick up a 22 turbo 850 for under 20

With caution and good decisions thrown aside can you supercharge that 600?
I keep reading all these Doos blow up at 2000 miles. Not interested. Lol

Been reading people's reports from the demo rides. Lots saying that 600 feels like an 800.

Turblue

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
9CDFCFDB-9A88-4404-A0C5-5BB3C6EBAB3F.jpeg

I want this sled for my daughter. Be wicked.

Dawizman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
All the prices for sleds are out of hand. As with so many things not just snowmobiles.
Agreed. I was looking back at the 2020 Hardcore I snowchecked. MSRP was 14,395. For 2024 the exact same sled is 42% higher. There's been next to no changes to the sled in those 4 years.

greenthumb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That’s disappointing. More than n/a 850 G5 base model.

They really seem to be doing their best to run Cat into the ground.
I remember the excitement of my Cat buddies when Textron bought them and the "big bucks" they would be bringing to the brand. My experience with big corporate acquisitions is that they typically dgaf about loyalty or reputation. It's strictly about the numbers and I'm guessing snowmobiles aren't as profitable as they thought.

Dawizman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They really seem to be doing their best to run Cat into the ground.
I remember the excitement of my Cat buddies when Textron bought them and the "big bucks" they would be bringing to the brand. My experience with big corporate acquisitions is that they typically dgaf about loyalty or reputation. It's strictly about the numbers and I'm guessing snowmobiles aren't as profitable as they thought.
My understanding is that they wanted the ATV division to add to their military portfolio. Polaris dominates that market apparently.

Top Bottom