Catalyst Cat Chassis

Mountainman52

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looks Like all the SkiDoo guys are DROOLING all over themselfs ..............

MK4TDI

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
some misinformation in this video , it said they selected 6 arctic cat fans but it should have said they selected the only 6 arctic cat fans.
Hahah. I was going to comment on their video and say I was disappointed with the ethnic diversity in the commercial.

Was a bit surprised that there wasn't any black cat riders in that video to be honest.

Dawizman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hahah. I was going to comment on their video and say I was disappointed with the ethnic diversity in the commercial.

Was a bit surprised that there wasn't any black cat riders in that video to be honest.
Are there any black cats left? Seems like they've been dropping the last several years.

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Cats done in the mountain segment, hate to say it but it’s a little late. If they had a real motor in this catalyst m series for 2024 then they may be able to claw their way back, bring a turbo out for 2025 and possibly start to take a bit of market share back. But now it will be a new motor by possibly 2025, and turbo option by 2026 or 2027…… Every die hard cat guy will be on something different as these alpha 800 ctec2 sleds are getting stale, same sled since 2019. I myself after having 6 cats sleds since 2011 will be putting money down on a g5 turbo for next year, I can’t wait any longer. My alpha turbo works well but I’m long over due to get off this proclimb chassis and into something different.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Cats done in the mountain segment, hate to say it but it’s a little late. If they had a real motor in this catalyst m series for 2024 then they may be able to claw their way back, bring a turbo out for 2025 and possibly start to take a bit of market share back. But now it will be a new motor by possibly 2025, and turbo option by 2026 or 2027…… Every die hard cat guy will be on something different as these alpha 800 ctec2 sleds are getting stale, same sled since 2019. I myself after having 6 cats sleds since 2011 will be putting money down on a g5 turbo for next year, I can’t wait any longer. My alpha turbo works well but I’m long over due to get off this proclimb chassis and into something different.

you said new motor for 2025. what im wondering is why dont they offer their current 800 in the new chassis??? seems like an easy way to at least sell a pile more? or am i missing something and it doesnt fit

Dawizman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
you said new motor for 2025. what im wondering is why dont they offer their current 800 in the new chassis??? seems like an easy way to at least sell a pile more? or am i missing something and it doesnt fit
I assume they already have a new motor in testing, and they don't want to spend the money fitting the existing motor in to the new platform.

Either that or 2025 sees a slightly revised 800 ctec in the new platform, and drives a final nail in to the coffin of their mountain segment.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I assume they already have a new motor in testing, and they don't want to spend the money fitting the existing motor in to the new platform.

Either that or 2025 sees a slightly revised 800 ctec in the new platform, and drives a final nail in to the coffin of their mountain segment.

but that 600 isnt new is it?

Turblue

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
but that 600 isnt new is it?
So they discussed not using the 800 in this podcast. They didn’t want to do the tooling to adapt the older ctec. The 600ctec in this sled is the updated version.
It’s a good listen. They also commented the new motor will be larger than a 800

Kind

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Are there any black cats left? Seems like they've been dropping the last several years.

The Black Cat guys have been commenting about this sled for awhile now on their personal social media pages.

DMC and Ridinsnowy both took a M600 home yesterday.

cdnredneck_t3

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
East of the Rockies and west of the rest.

I'll start off by saying I'm not brand loyal, just Anti-Doo. You are 100% correct. The Alpha could be argued = or > than the axys 800 and maybe even the 850. Cats shock length and Alpha make it handle very good. Polaris is now all about the Khaos which has very similar shock set up to a Cat. But I think the Fox Shocks on the Cat are better than the velocity.

That being said they just caught up and then the TurboR hit the hill, then the Matryx chassis and Boost, then the 9R and the G5. In my experience a 9R Khaos is a superior machine to an Alpha Hardcore. Cat just can't keep up it seems. If they only drop the new engine for MY 25 Doo will have had a turbo for 4.5 years, Poo for 3, Matryx will be in its 4th year in the snow G5 it's 3rd. Cat will just get the Catalyst going and Poo and Doo will be a couple years from another chassis upgrade, leaving them behind again. Even the trail segment is way a head. I'm not a fan of the Doo mountain geometry but if I was in the market for a trail sled they have a water injected turbo for 24. What does Cat have?

The Catalyst looks like they made good changes. But it needs to be the complete line up with the new power plants for 24. Not just a 600 in limited models.

Top Bottom