Active VIP Member
Reaction score
just putting the feelers out there

who else attended the show and thought it sucked
was hoping to get a decent deal on a helmet and goggles but not much to be had

bhowes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Really small this year not many bargians at all saw ozone at his booth the krazy kanadian Dan at his and Kathy at the revy booth and Glen at the snow and mud show about 1/3 the size of the edmonton one

Last edited by a moderator:

bobsledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wasted 24 bucks for two of us to go. What a waste of time, hardly any vendors and not much to look at. Every thing I looked at I can buy any where any time for less or worst case the same price. Have to agree it sucked.

Hudson_M1000

Reaction score
Thats too bad guys the Edmonton show was great.. We were gonna come down to the Calgary show too and buy what we forgot to in Edmonton. Good thing we didn't make the trip.. Thanks guys

skibeadoo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the info I was going to travel over to check it out and am glad that I did not. I did go to the Edmonton show for the last two years and will continue to go there instead of Calgary. :):beer::d

Trashy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I was at Edmonton's show a few weeks back, after reading this????????????

Oh well, I did forget to get a 6' SnowandMud sticker for the back of the sled trailer, and could use a new hoodie.

blastoff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
to bad I thought edmonton was great spent close to six hours till the PA anouncer said doors closing in 5 minutes. I could have stay longer lots to see..

Ancient Sledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was at the Edmonton show. I thought that the show was good, but the stuff that I bought was full price. I did not get any deal on the Klim gear I purchased because it was current year. There were deals on some stuff, but I'm not 5XL yet. It was stuff I would have bought at the dealership anyway,

Sledderglen

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Granted Calgary show isnt as large as Edmonton show. But this show is very well run. Nice layout good venue next to the naught but nice show;) but what it lacks is LOCAL DEALER SUPPORT. Seems that only 1 local dealer brought in their clearout deals this year, Compared with Edmonton with quite a few dealers there Calgary snowmobilers need to ask their dealers to get to the show. Dealers also need to see the importance to be there as well. We had friends drive down from Edmonton today aswell and they did find what they were looking for but there was a better selection at the Edmonton Show.
I think if the local dealers brought their clearout items to sell that would also increase the size of the show.
The ASA is doing what they can along with the Calgary Snowmobile Club to make it as good as they can. Please continue to attend this show in the future.

snowzombie

Reaction score
Made the trip down from Red Deer and was not impressed. Edmonton show was worth the trip this show was not. Yes it was well set up but beyond the Amsoil girls greeting you at the door there was really not a lot to see.
I dont know what it would take to make me go back but maybe somone with marketing knowledge needs to get involved JMO. I'm sure I would have been better off spending my money to go into the Tabu show that I walked by after paying $12 to park in the wrong lot and walk for half a mile to get to the entrance. The common thing I read in the posts here are that guys want to look for parts and accesories, my self included. We used to go to the swap meets years back that were held just west of the city, maybe tying something like that in with the show would give peeps a little more of what they want. There has to be vacant wharehousing that could be picked up cheap, dont see the need for the BMO Center,where a swap and dealer show could be combined. Maybe it has to be at that type of location for the support of the 4 manufacturers??? although I understand their purpose they are not the draw for me to go to a show.
Need some vendors in a show with tracks, skiis, bolt on perfomance goodies like clutching etc. and of course the bling accesories. Good to see the safety/survival booths and clothing that were there. Personally thats what I want from a show the average joe stuff not the big 4 and few guys peddling turbos.
It wasnt that what was there was bad, it was just lacking.

j335

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So there's nobody selling accessories, vent kits, ect...? I was gonna go today, but maybe I'll spend my money elsewhere...

Reaction score
The same here at the Abbotsford, BC show.
Much smaller than last year.
It sucked.:realmad:
Fewer than a dozen snowmobile exhibits/vendors.
Wasted my $24.00.:rant:
I'll attend the Puyallup show in Washington next year instead.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Edmonton show is way larger, more a premier ASA event, Calgary is more of a calgary sled club event and a lot smaller. deals at sled shows are few and far between unless you are a 4xl size or really crave what a stealership can't sell. could definitely benefit from more local participation, but they need to see a return for money spent. the calgary show is not bad for the resources they have.

mach123

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I found that the edmonton show was pretty good, but still alot smaller then last year....Here to there were no good vent kits at the show..

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
As far as the Calgary Show goes, anything ever held at the Roundup/BMO/Stampede area is a rip off if you want to park on the grounds. Heck being a season ticket holder of Roughneck tickets doesn't even get you free parking. Yup $12 to park, and then $12 to get in is a hefty fee if you weren't satisfied with the show. Like it was said, I am sure there is a cheaper venue they could be using.

Now as far as deals go, heck I got a few small deals, nothing major, but I wasn't looking for anything that I didn't already have. I went to check it out, because sledding is the one hobby in my life that I enjoy above all others. We got to talk with Randy Swenson (who has to be the nicest guy ever, for anyone who didn't already know that) and we had talked to him at the BowCycle open house as well. Dan Davidoff another super nice guy, and lots of other people like the snowandmud crew.

Its nice to see a few newer products that are out there, like the new improved SPOT, which, maybe now I might consider after talking to those guys. And the new airbags. Its nice to get able to get a few different airbags in one place so you can have a better opinion on the ones you like. Yeah the AMSOIL girls were alright, but a few other tables had their eye candy as well. (Terracana resort girl was super nice and gorgeous).

I left after a few hours of BS'ing and purchasing a few items happy enough. I knew going into the show it was going to be like years past, I knew how much it was, so there is no point for me to feel ripped off. I had some new info that I hadn't found on the internet and a few dvd's to boot.

I never hear of anyone ever winning all the draws they have at these shows. Heck I could handle a free nights stay at any of these places. But like this year, I am sure I will go next year, and I am sure there will be the people who enjoy it and the ones who feel ripped off.

Trashy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I was at the Calgary show today, and compared to Edmonton....There is no comparison. It was still a good afternoon out. I found the dealer's had more time to chat today, because of way less interest from Calgary.

None the less, it was a good display, of new product's, safety, and of course the tv's playing the vids. Not much for retail clothing, or atv accessories. But very well laid out for the size of the venue.

The majority of my time was talking, at the Snow and Mud tent. Got to meet, RKnight, Sledderglen, and Medler. Also got to see, and yap again with Get'R'Done, and DragonLady. Also talked to Dan..the Krazy Canadian, and one very nice looking Amsoil girl, with personality and all.

More than likely I will be attending the one in Cowtown next year, as well. Edmonton is alway's first. I think with a little more positive input, everyone could help the Calgary sled show be better for next year.

Just my $.02

dirtball08

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Speaking of local dealer support; anybody know why Bowcycle did not have the big thing at the show instead of on their own?

Top Bottom