BS Charity

teamgreen

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Maybe instead of giving money, gift cards, whatever; just do something nice for someone. Last night we drove three kids and their families to the Airdrie Christmas lights in the park. Three kids who have diseases such as Leukaemia etc. Make the kids feel like gods in a convoy of three fire trucks, two ambulances and a Sheriff.

Geez, I was really happy when the neighbour cleaned my 30' of sidewalk with his snowblower before I got off shift!

gates559

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
After reading this thread, and a few of your other post's. You should invest your money into spelling!!!

Heck..... I'd bet your daughter would feel, much better about that. Than giving away your hard earned GP cash, that is flowing like water!!

JMHO

Thanks for the advice, that means a lot coming from someone who cant spell their own location.

Can you help me learn to spell? Maybe you can read all my posts from now on and point out the mistakes, that way I will learn and you will be able to feel good about yourself pointing out how stupid I am. Win win for both of us.

Stay tuned to my posts, I will likely blow more of my hard earned money. I will probably piss it all away and I will be the one needing the charity. I'll give you my mailing address, please send the gift cards, Tim cards and pre loaded visas.

Trashy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Thanks for the advice, that means a lot coming from someone who cant spell their own location.

Can you help me learn to spell? Maybe you can read all my posts from now on and point out the mistakes, that way I will learn and you will be able to feel good about yourself pointing out how stupid I am. Win win for both of us.

Stay tuned to my posts, I will likely blow more of my hard earned money. I will probably piss it all away and I will be the one needing the charity. I'll give you my mailing address, please send the gift cards, Tim cards and pre loaded visas.

Your right...... Calgree is spelled wrong :( How's the weather in G.P Looking forward to getting your mailing address :rolleyes:

PS94

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I live in the general GP area, and the only ones hard hit by the recession a few years back were the ones going paycheck to paycheck...My buddy was a Bailiff, and he did great repo-ing ****!!! That being said,

if people are that low on $$ up here, why would they need tims or McDs? Wouldn't a gift card from safeway or IGA, or maybe anonymous payment of utilities....not ****ty garbage food....be more beneficial?
Sounds like this is teaching kids that if you're low on coin, you need to make sure to get the nutritious Double Double, Big Mac and Honey crueller.

joey

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey its Christmas! Everyone deserves joy on Christmas! femme.fatale taught me this lesson a couple years back when my family was totally broke, no money to go anywhere or buy gifts. Well she organized a thing on here and some kind people sent us gift cards and other things, I still look back on that when I need to remind myself that the world isn't THAT bad, that mean't a lot to me. So if buy giving somebody a timmies card will bring them joy and possibly some hope than friggen rights I'll do it!!! Everyone deserves some joy :) oh yeah, MERRY CHRISTMAS!! :)

gates559

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Your right...... Calgree is spelled wrong :( How's the weather in G.P Looking forward to getting your mailing address :rolleyes:

The weather is fantastic. Nothing but snow in the forecast

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    245.6 KB · Views: 89

JoHNI_T

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
After reading this thread, and a few of your other post's. You should invest your money into spelling!!!

Heck..... I'd bet your daughter would feel, much better about that. Than giving away your hard earned GP cash, that is flowing like water!!

JMHO

OK I get confused with people who comment on spelling?? same on facebook. If I wuz fawkin worried bout my spell'n I wud'nt be axing chu. These posts are not letters to the president or resume's like wtf?

I also agree, read gates post all he said was why Timmies cards? that's a want not a need.

p.s. I donate thru out the year but Tims cards come on

everyone loves to hate the guy that's making money. just an FYI ANYONE GO WORK THE PATCH ITS OK YOU ARE ALLOWED IF U CAN HANDLE IT

AreWeThereYet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So my daughter brings home a letter from school asking for donations for less fortunate LOCAL family's. They want the donations in the form of gift cards. Some examples are Tims cards and McDonalds etc.

First of all we live in Grande Prairie and there is absolutely no reason why anyone cant make it here. If you cant make it here, just let natural selection take its course and starve to death.

Second of all wtf would someone need a Tims card for, I would think expensive coffee would be the last on there priority list.

Haven't you realized this yet,... it's like white Oakleys and track suits,.. but in GP it's 7am timmies lineups and McD trash on the side of the road.

gates559

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Nope, haven't even got out yet, too cold and no time. Going out all next week though. Hopefully kakwa and Tumbler Ridge.

Trashy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Nope, haven't even got out yet, too cold and no time. Going out all next week though. Hopefully kakwa and Tumbler Ridge.
Do you have a sled camp? I have ridden out there a few times, my oldest brother and his wife live in GP. She is born and raised GP

Trashy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
OK I get confused with people who comment on spelling?? same on facebook. If I wuz fawkin worried bout my spell'n I wud'nt be axing chu. These posts are not letters to the president or resume's like wtf?

I also agree, read gates post all he said was why Timmies cards? that's a want not a need.

p.s. I donate thru out the year but Tims cards come on

everyone loves to hate the guy that's making money. just an FYI ANYONE GO WORK THE PATCH ITS OK YOU ARE ALLOWED IF U CAN HANDLE IT

How are the car sales going, Shawn? Are you on Barlow and 16th NE?

gates559

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Do you have a sled camp? I have ridden out there a few times, my oldest brother and his wife live in GP. She is born and raised GP

No I don't have a camp. I'd like to but it seems like a lot of work that I don't have time for. everyone would want to use it, no one would want to help set up and maintain it.

52weekbreak

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Roger on the sled camp being a solo project unless you choose you guests/wisely. We look forward to a detailed snow report from the Kak. Still waiting for my sled to come out of the shop.

Top Bottom