A couple of product reviews for you!!

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What max RPM is the sled with the SLP exhaust running?

Do you know if they have tried running higher than 7900? I ask because when I had the full SLP exhaust on my etec we did a little testing and found running it at 8050 did show peak gains. These were field tests doing pulls, changing the clicker to adjust for peak rpm and at 8050 vs 7900 the sled would pull harder. One of the ways BRP controls rpm is through the pipe. I know field tests are not scientific enough for some people but its worth a try.

it is around 7950-8000 i can never seem to look down long enough to get notice perfectly but chances of tuning clickers for 8050 might be tricky with clickers alone?

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I ran it anywhere from 8050 to 8200. 8050 seemed like the sweet spot for my sled. I would give it a try and see what the results are.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Vance Matheson

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
does the BCA frs radio have a monitor option to pick up channels that are being used.
the cobras i have are ok but no external mic , but i like the monitor option

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Great reviews maxwell! I'm glad the slp system works , how does the can sound over the hps, slp quieter? May be hard to judge with the full system installed.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

MK4TDI

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Will 2nd what Maxwell said. Very very similar to stock, but has a couple decibels louder tone. I I'm really quite liking the SLP can this year, had a TSS last year.

HRT Offroad

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
IMO...there are better radios available for a similar price with far more ability. We use dual band Wouxun's...they have the ability to do UHF/VHF frequencies as well as FRS channels. So not only can you talk to your buddies, but you can use them on logging road frequencies and repeater channels. They are also self programmable with the software and programming chord. The remote mic is the only way to fly, as it's always easily accessible. Two weeks ago in Montana, I was talking to a group over 15 miles away. The BCA radios are nice, but expensive for what you get.

Vance Matheson

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
IMO...there are better radios available for a similar price with far more ability. We use dual band Wouxun's...they have the ability to do UHF/VHF frequencies as well as FRS channels. So not only can you talk to your buddies, but you can use them on logging road frequencies and repeater channels. They are also self programmable with the software and programming chord. The remote mic is the only way to fly, as it's always easily accessible. Two weeks ago in Montana, I was talking to a group over 15 miles away. The BCA radios are nice, but expensive for what you get.

wow..15 miles. what model of Wouxuns do you have ?

HRT Offroad

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
wow..15 miles. what model of Wouxuns do you have ?

Wouxun KG-UVD1P

I'm not sure how well you know the Eureka MT area, but we were up Stryker Ridge and the group we were talking to was in Clarence Bowl (Grave Creek).

Last season we were down in the far meadows in Silver Mines, and I was talking with my wife at the top of the waterfall. Not sure of the distance on that one, but there are some tall peaks in the way!

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
Wouxun KG-UVD1P

I'm not sure how well you know the Eureka MT area, but we were up Stryker Ridge and the group we were talking to was in Clarence Bowl (Grave Creek).

Last season we were down in the far meadows in Silver Mines, and I was talking with my wife at the top of the waterfall. Not sure of the distance on that one, but there are some tall peaks in the way!

When you two were talking we couldn't get the conversation in our handheld radios and I was standing next to her.
We now have the BCA radios and I was talking comfortably 3km cross country to my son and group stuck in a valley. The mic on your shoulder is the way to go, even with my piped sled I can hear noise at full throttle.

I hate the latest Tapatalk update .... on my phone.

Top Bottom