Brutal trail ride out of owlhead, sicamous

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Holy fawk guys, do u not understand that the low snow and warm temps no matter where a guy went the trails sucked

I wished the trail was better but not so much

Clode

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
man I can't believe what I am reading, people pay 25 bucks and expect the trail to be landing strip smooth....wtf.....drive around most neighborhoods and they are rougher than the trails.....maybe trail fees should be more so the clubs can pay a wage to the groomer operators for daily grooming......I thank all who give their time to maintain, groom, the trails, provide us with warm up shacks, and fight to keep riding areas open, without these clubs we would not have backcountry snowmobiling

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
man I can't believe what I am reading, people pay 25 bucks and expect the trail to be landing strip smooth....wtf.....drive around most neighborhoods and they are rougher than the trails.....maybe trail fees should be more so the clubs can pay a wage to the groomer operators for daily grooming......I thank all who give their time to maintain, groom, the trails, provide us with warm up shacks, and fight to keep riding areas open, without these clubs we would not have backcountry snowmobiling

I sent an email to the city asking for a discount on my taxes because the roads are rough. :)

Shermanator

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They should make a separate sticky for "Whiners Only" and let them rant on that. What I like is those that don't head up the trail until noon and then still expect that freshly groomed trail from the night before to still be freshly groomed! Some folks just don't understand how this stuff works and they never will, maybe stand up once in a while and it'll be easier on your bum for you....Sherm

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well lets see:
1) People pay full price for a service that was not provided (Ripped off - should not be a full rate day to be fare or can reuse day's ticket on next day or trip)
2) Out of province forginers are basicall forced to ride club pay areas only (Real back country closed - what has the local club done except secure payment???)
3) Clubs have kept pay areas open (dam straight as they are scared ****less of the lost revenue to local economy if sledders leave, they not only work for sledders they proide a great service to local businesses who should be giving more back to the local sport that supports them)
4) Lack of give a **** - this is about equal of azzhat sledders coming to town and who cares about charging full rate attitude of all clubs on known crap trail days
5) Areas will close - maybe but not likely (hundreds of thousands of dollars are dumped into small communities of BC every weekend, local govt bodies know it)
6) Suck it up on both sides buttercups and represent both sides of the story not just one
7) I along with every sledder I ride with is fine with $20-25 trail fees wether it be a 30 or 8km trail - if you do the cost per KM you get the picture. Oh I know it's a balanced cost.

Sad how we will defend positions and not speak the truths - maybe why some sledders are pigs and some clubs charge for service not provided, if you want continiuos full charge policy provide continiuos full service. I for one do not ride BC nearly as much as I used to and life carries on.
Free country - will visit the parts I feel like when I feel like it (inside and apart from sledding) and ride smart by continuing to leave town at 07:00 and head down trails by at least 3PM to minimize the bitch I need to do for spotty service at full cost.
As sledders we are caged as to where we can legally ride - I will be impressed the day that clubs actuall keep an area open that does not have trail fees (no I do not expect them to ever be groomed -but local bussinesses will still benifit in room rentals and gas purchases ect.) - now that will be impressive. I miss the true exploring, main reason why most of us have cut back on how many trips and the amount of OUR coin we choose to drop into sledding. We were actually back country riders and not cabin dwellers, maybe that's why while in the non club backcountry you rarely met another sledder aside from the odd local.

It may be different as I have access to way more than enough private land for me and my relatives but once again free country and that's my opinion and not really concerned with other opinions about the big hills until I actually see the changes as mentioned because until then they will be just an opinion and not a fact. Bash away if you feel like it but after reading this think about it from both sides.
No I am not a dreamer so will not be holding my breath for any upcoming changes in BC as the present set up is perfect for collecting maximum income by eliminating surrounding free riding with zero accountability for sevices provided. Excellent set up for privatization - a business that will likely soon arrive once the few remaining surrounding areas are eliminated.

Yes there is great effort put in by club members and local SAR, it IS appreciated but as with everything else there is a line that should not be crossed if you expect any respect - or else it is just business and consumers choose where to drop THEIR cash and WILL voice their opinion hence why these and other bitch threads exist throughout the year on all riding area threads.

Thank you for your time, and give both sides of the fence some thought.

Last edited:

FernieHawk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well lets see:
1) People pay full price for a service that was not provided (Ripped off - should not be a full rate day to be fare or can reuse day's ticket on next day or trip)
2) Out of province forginers are basicall forced to ride club pay areas only (Real back country closed - what has the local club done except secure payment???)
3) Clubs have kept pay areas open (dam straight as they are scared ****less of the lost revenue to local economy if sledders leave)
4) Lack of give a **** - this is about equal of azzhat sledders coming to town and who cares about charging full rate attitude of all clubs
5) Areas will close - maybe but not likely (hundreds of thousands of dollars are dumped into small communities of BC every weekend, local govt bodies know it)
6) Suck it up on both sides buttercups and represent both sides of the story not just one
7) I along with every sledder I ride with is fine with $20-25 trail fees wether it be a 30 or 8km trail - if you do the cost per KM you get the picture. Oh I know it's a balanced cost.

Sad how we will defend positions and not speak the truths - maybe why some sledders are pigs and some clubs charge for service not provided, if you want continiuos full charge policy provide continiuos full service. I for one do not ride BC nearly as much as I used to and life carries on.
Free country - will visit the parts I feel like when I feel like it (inside and apart from sledding) and ride smart by continuing to leave town at 07:00 and head down trails by at least 3PM to minimize the bitch I need to do for spotty service at full cost.
As sledders we are caged as to where we can legally ride - I will be impressed the day that clubs actuall keep an area open that does not have trail fees (no I do not expect them to ever be groomed -but local bussinesses will still benifit in room rentals and gas purchases ect.) - now that will be impressive. I miss the true exploring, main reason why most of us have cut back on how many trips and the amount of OUR coin we choose to drop into sledding. We were actuall back country riders and not just cabin dwellers, maybe that's why while in the non club backcountry you rarely met another sledder aside from the odd local.

It may be different as I have access to way more than enough private land for me and my relatives but once again free country and that's my opinion and not really concerned with other opinions about the big hills until I actually see the changes as mentioned because until then they will be just an opinion and not a fact. Bash away if you feel like it but after reading this think about it from both sides.
No I am not a dreamer so will not be holding my breath for any upcoming changes in BC as the present set up is perfect for collecting maximum income by eliminating surrounding free riding with zero accountability for sevices provided. Excellent set up for privatization - a business that will likely soon arrive once the few remaining surrounding areas are eliminated.

Yes there is great effort put in by club members and local SAR, it IS appreciated but as with everything else there is a line that should not be crossed if you expect any respect - or else it is just business and consumers choose where to drop THEIR cash and WILL voice their opinion hence why these and other bitch threads exist throughout the year on all riding area threads.

Thank you for your time, and give it some thought.

???????? My brain hurts after reading that. I don't get it.

aocbiz

Reaction score
Ya for sure.... Ouch!! I doubt that dude has ever belonged to a club or held a seat on the directors list of any club, or volunteered to help with any project. Keep on bitching if it makes ya feel better. There probably isn't a club anywhere that needs your $20 keep it in your pocket and stay home.

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
???????? My brain hurts after reading that. I don't get it.

I read it twice and that was enough. I believe he may have started out with good intentions in his mind on what he wanted to say, but after half a dozen drinks it came out like a teenage girl having a hissy fit over not being allowed to take the car on a Friday night.

Clode

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
its funny the entitlement some individuals feel they deserve.....maybe with this economic slow down coming, some of the high wage earning individuals will get a bit of a reality check, and some of the traffic to these areas will slow slightly so the riders that really go for the love of riding can once again enjoy them without listening to the crybabies about trail fees etc....If you don't like BC, don't come here

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well lets see:
3) Clubs have kept pay areas open (dam straight as they are scared ****less of the lost revenue to local economy if sledders leave, they not only work for sledders they proide a great service to local businesses who should be giving more back to the local sport that supports them)
4) Lack of give a **** - this is about equal of azzhat sledders coming to town and who cares about charging full rate attitude of all clubs on known crap trail days

As sledders we are caged as to where we can legally ride - I will be impressed the day that clubs actuall keep an area open that does not have trail fees (no I do not expect them to ever be groomed -but local bussinesses will still benifit in room rentals and gas purchases ect.) - now that will be impressive. I miss the true exploring, main reason why most of us have cut back on how many trips and the amount of OUR coin we choose to drop into sledding. We were actually back country riders and not cabin dwellers, maybe that's why while in the non club backcountry you rarely met another sledder aside from the odd local.

Thank you for your time, and give both sides of the fence some thought.

holy phuck thats the biggest load BS ive read on here in along time. including my own posts! your clearly not a true backcountry rider if you dont think there are any open areas unmanaged in club territory? wtf? of 3 managed areas where i ride there is likely 30 unmanaged still open areas that most people dont know about or dont go into i really dont understand what your trying to get accross here.

and what do local businesses benefiting have to do with the club? not all businesses that make money from snowmobiling donate back to the club? and they dont have too. so again...?

enjoy your fields.......you serious backcountry rider you..

Lund

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Personally i think it should be like fishing and hunting, BC residents should pay a basic riding fee and if your a club member be discounted on that fee for the entire province. While out of province rider's should pay a premium fee to ride here........hahaha.....it sure would make OUR trail's a lot nicer to use and parking a lot better.
Don't come here if you don't like it, but then if they payed a premium fee maybe they wouldn't whine so much lol

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Personally i think it should be like fishing and hunting, BC residents should pay a basic riding fee and if your a club member be discounted on that fee for the entire province. While out of province rider's should pay a premium fee to ride here........hahaha.....it sure would make OUR trail's a lot nicer to use and parking a lot better.
Don't come here if you don't like it, but then if they payed a premium fee maybe they wouldn't whine so much lol

You BC residents would still complain about having to pay though. :)

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

when it went from 15-20 there was cry babies. when it went from 20-25 there was even more cry babies. any thing more than that and there might be some serious crying happening...funny though.....our business rates and many others over the same period of time went from 125$/hr to 150/hr to 175/hr but we incurred extra expenses and had to do that. but clubs dont have those expenses. LMFAO.

PS. i dont know about where you ride but in my area alberta businesses donate 100,000$+ every season to help make sledding possible in BC. Out of privince riders arent all bad whiners

Last edited:

DRD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

LMAO, it would fall apart inside a year. I'm from the Koots, some of the biggest opponents to trail fees are the locals who don't want to pay to ride "THEIR" trails. Oh, I forgot, if you reside in BC you are some sort of super steward of the backcountry, riiiight.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A lot of the guys that bitch about stuff like trail fee increases are the same guys that drop $200 in Zala's at dinner on food and drinks or buy $7 beers at a Flames game?:confused:

Reactions: LBZ

SHREK1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Me and my 2 young fella's are always happy to pay, always try to split some extra wood, get the fire going and don't carve we were there in the table or wall. It's truly a privlage to enjoy what the clubs and volunteers work so hard to provide. Give a little extra support to the businesses that support back. Most are like that or it would be a total disaster with the amount of back country users.

Top Bottom