Boss or Cat 2010 seat

RUDY

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
was wondering what everyone`s feeling towards the 2010 cat seats.Would you buy it or would you still go to Boss.
Personally i like the Boss look better than the Cat,Boss is running $600 and Cat $400..
is there any difference`s between the 2 if so what?

boots

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i would buy the 2010 seat had a close up look at tttp's show room sled

mur190

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The cat one hands down. the boss is a hard for the first few
ride. the cat ones super comfy. and thats two hundred bucks
towards mods or race fuel.

j335

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The cat one hands down. the boss is a hard for the first few
ride. the cat ones super comfy. and thats two hundred bucks
towards mods or race fuel.

lots more storage in the cat seat too!

dezmitchell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
im goin cat seats .....there will be some guys that buy the 2010's and will still want a boss or put there old boss one on ....so HOPEFULLY i can pick up a next to new cat seat for a bit cheeper yet

pipes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
im goin cat seats .....there will be some guys that buy the 2010's and will still want a boss or put there old boss one on ....so HOPEFULLY i can pick up a next to new cat seat for a bit cheeper yet

I'm with you with that one and the Cat seat has a lot of storage space. Not only is the Boss seat lighter, It lightens your wallet by $200.00

wide_open

Reaction score
I tried to buy a Boss last year, but couldn't get one. This new AC seat will fit my '08 M1000 with no problems I'm guessing?

ZRrrr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Have any of you seen the new BOSS seat? New design and new lower price. It looks really good and is advertised at $399.00us. Multiple storage pockets.

wide_open

Reaction score
Where can I get the Cat seat in Edmonton, or on the way to GP? Northgate is useless and say they don't even have a part number yet.

wide_open

Reaction score
I realize I'm diggin up an old thread, but today I traded my 2010 Cat seat in for a Boss. Once I seen the Boss I realized it was totally worth the $105 upgrade. While the Cat has a ton of storage and a better mounting system, I feel that the Boss foam and covering is far superior to the Cat's water absorbing sponge. And the difference in weight seems like quite a bit, although I don't know the exact specs. Can't wait for some snow to try it out.

ttpowersports

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I realize I'm diggin up an old thread, but today I traded my 2010 Cat seat in for a Boss. Once I seen the Boss I realized it was totally worth the $105 upgrade. While the Cat has a ton of storage and a better mounting system, I feel that the Boss foam and covering is far superior to the Cat's water absorbing sponge. And the difference in weight seems like quite a bit, although I don't know the exact specs. Can't wait for some snow to try it out.

i agree that boss stepped up on the new seat, price and feature wise, its amazing what some competition will do, i think that cat did some testing as they used to supply the boss seat on the hcr and previous le models, probably were concerned on the cost , also i think longevity the cat seat is gonna be more comfortable on the trail but imo only time will tell....

wide_open

Reaction score
i think longevity the cat seat is gonna be more comfortable on the trail but imo only time will tell....

The one thing I know about the seats is neither one could ever be as terrible on the trail as the stock '07-'09. Looking back its hard to believe they would ever even put useless crap like that on a sled.

2manykids

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hands down no questions asked the Boss seat is the better of the two. If a hun bucks is what is making you go to the cat seat. Maybe slow down on the beer for 2 weekends and your set. What can i say tho im bias :eek:

snowseeker

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think they both look good and probally both the same as far as comfort. I Think that the boss seat is to long and takes up to much of the tunnel and doesn't leave much room for gas can. How many actually sit that far back on a seat to need a seat that long? I like the storage factor but I went with a Cat seat.

2manykids

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think they both look good and probally both the same as far as comfort. I Think that the boss seat is to long and takes up to much of the tunnel and doesn't leave much room for gas can. How many actually sit that far back on a seat to need a seat that long? I like the storage factor but I went with a Cat seat.

Got the same if not more with the new Boss seat. Yes you can get the gas rack on with NO issues. Dont even have to take the pins out of you have an 09 the taper to the end of the Boss goes right between them

Top Bottom