Boss or Cat 2010 seat

scrfce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i like the looks of the cat seat waaay better but the jurys still out on how good it is for riding,,,,i rapped my shins off the hard edges a couple times on the first ride. Luckily ive got an hmp seat for a back up if it doesnt work out, and i know that seats good

badss

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Boss H20 hands down. Its water repellent where as the Cat seat will absorb water when it gets wet....big enough advantage right there but the new Boss H20 has all sorts of neat zippered pockets and pouches and looks are a personal taste anyway but we just put one on my sons M and it looks fantastic. I really liked the looks of the New Cat seat and was going to go that way for mine until I found out its a sponge when it gets wet...just my 2 cents ....and I got our H20 delivered to our door for just over $400.00 to boot. We've got both the HMP and the new Boss so time will tell....the HMP is also a nice seat....

wide_open

Reaction score
Boss H20 hands down. Its water repellent where as the Cat seat will absorb water when it gets wetI really liked the looks of the New Cat seat and was going to go that way for mine until I found out its a sponge when it gets wet....

I feel the same way about the sponge... And how the hell did you get the Boss so cheap?

badss

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I feel the same way about the sponge... And how the hell did you get the Boss so cheap?

Howdy wide open....go to google and enter in Sled-x. The seat came out of the states and it was $369.00 US ...no chit. Super great guys to deal with and no-one could even come close to this price. I can't remember exactly what it was in Canadian dollars but it was delivered to my door for just a shade over the 400 mark all in. Super nice seat....would have preferred to buy locally but no one could come close so....ordered it from them....:d

wide_open

Reaction score
Howdy wide open....go to google and enter in Sled-x. The seat came out of the states and it was $369.00 US ...no chit. Super great guys to deal with and no-one could even come close to this price. I can't remember exactly what it was in Canadian dollars but it was delivered to my door for just a shade over the 400 mark all in. Super nice seat....would have preferred to buy locally but no one could come close so....ordered it from them....:d

That's a sweet price. I've already missed out but told my buddy with a Skud about it. Looks like they have a pile of stuff for the XP. Thanks!

badss

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No problem wide open....really great guys to deal with as well. Super nice seat....pretty stiff but imagine it'll soften a tad once a guy gets usin it...

Rucky

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure how people are gathering that the cat seat is a sponge? Barely any of us have many, if any rides on ours. There's no opportunity to get it water logged. Have any of you taken the time to look at the 2010 seat? I have... And there's only about 2-3 inches of foam. That's not much water that can get in there. As for storage, the Boss can only hold smaller things. Try throwing a spare jacket, or pants, or anything smaller than a handful in there. Not a lot of room. And finally, the boss seats are hard as a petifile in a playground. Might as well throw a bench on there. That's what you get for an extra 105$? If you're concerned about the 4 or 5 lbs of weight that much (Yes, I have weighed my Cat seat.) then maybe you should consider dieting. JMO.

wide_open

Reaction score
And there's only about 2-3 inches of foam. That's not much water that can get in there.

Same materials as the years previous, which were sponges. And a regular 6" x 4" x 2" sponge holds a lot of water am I right? Saying the Cat seat is 24" long x 8" wide, thats a lot of water.

I couldn't care about the weight, just noticed it being heavier.

Rucky

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Same materials as the years previous, which were sponges. And a regular 6" x 4" x 2" sponge holds a lot of water am I right? Saying the Cat seat is 24" long x 8" wide, thats a lot of water.

I couldn't care about the weight, just noticed it being heavier.

Kind of a contradictory posting... Just saying. My point was especially directed to those who already have a 2010 sled... Why spend $500+ for a seat that gives you few real benefits. Different strokes for different folks though! :beer:

wide_open

Reaction score
Kind of a contradictory posting... Just saying. My point was especially directed to those who already have a 2010 sled... Why spend $500+ for a seat that gives you few real benefits. Different strokes for different folks though! :beer:

I didn't know you meant towards the 2010 sled people. Personally if I had a 2010 sled, you're right I probably wouldn't be spending the $500. But since I feel the Boss sled is better, trading the unused 2010 seat I bought for a bit extra made sense.

badss

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I agree as well Rucky.... if one already had a Cat seat as on a new sled.....I wouldn't bother either as I really like the looks of the Cat seat not to mention the cost for the gain....but given the choice and its a personal one only....I was buying one as my sled is an 06 so I opted for the Boss because it doesn't absorb the water....I don't know...I have no problem getting a coat in our new seat....just my 2 cents...

gallays

Reaction score
boss seat all the way... in my opinion, i just picked up my 2010 crossfire le and i think the seat looks like it didnt take any design time or thought at all. It looks like they wrapped black material around a culligan water bottle and bolted it down. It felt nice to sit on but i think it brought down the whole look of the sled... i just sold it to my brother in law for 350 and got a boss shipped to my door for 430, so im happy... just my opinion. Happy trails boys!

boydo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
last year i had a zx chassis and a bunch of us ordered boss seats, like 4 or 5. we ordered in june/july and didnt recieve them till newyears eve basically. no real fancy stuff like strobes or disco balls, just high/mid rise black on black. sooooo the shitasss service and the bs excuses from boss makes myself think a cat seat or factory seat or any other aftermarket seat is wayyy better!! to me if you order something in green grass season for a sled, it should be arrive at least by the the sled show!! or first downfall of the whitestuff!!JMO!!

badss

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
last year i had a zx chassis and a bunch of us ordered boss seats, like 4 or 5. we ordered in june/july and didnt recieve them till newyears eve basically. no real fancy stuff like strobes or disco balls, just high/mid rise black on black. sooooo the shitasss service and the bs excuses from boss makes myself think a cat seat or factory seat or any other aftermarket seat is wayyy better!! to me if you order something in green grass season for a sled, it should be arrive at least by the the sled show!! or first downfall of the whitestuff!!JMO!!

For sure Boydo...I'd be miffed if I would have had to wait that long too. I never bought mine direct ....I bought mine from Sled-x and had it within a couple of weeks as they had to get a shipment in but they told me that up front so I was good with that. I don't get it....if it was going to be that long....why not say so rather than get a whole bunch of guys miffed at them. Sure a nice seat thou....

Rucky

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had a good couple days of riding in Revelstoke on my 2010 and today when I removed the seat I could feel very little water in the foam. The foam used in these seats is relatively high density. After seeing a new generation Boss seat, I realized that most of the pockets are useless as they take away from the storage in other pockets... I can't justify the cost of a Boss seat for the M's when they are hard on the azz, lack storage, and leave you with less storage space on the tunnel for spare gas and bags. (You could have both with the shorty seat, but only one with the Boss.) JMO. :)

TravisFader

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Welll, concidering im a Yamaha, Boss all the way lol. But if i got a new sled, i wouldnt change to a boss. And storage space doesnt seem to be an issue, I just got my boss and the storage in it is huge, Wayyy bigger than stock. I fit my jacket in there with ease in the furthest back pocket alone leaving a lot of rrom up front for whatever

mur190

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i bought a 2009 hcr and pulled the boss off
and put the 2010 on...
boss is to hard and the 2010 has way more storge

Reaction score
i just bought a new never ridden 2009m1000 snopro 162 here in Idaho last week for dealer cost cause the new 2010 models are out and the dealer gave me the choice between the Boss or Cat's short seat and after looking both choices over, I went with the cat seat.... more storage and sits up just as high and the price in Idaho was 270.00

storch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
was wondering what everyone`s feeling towards the 2010 cat seats.Would you buy it or would you still go to Boss.
Personally i like the Boss look better than the Cat,Boss is running $600 and Cat $400..
is there any difference`s between the 2 if so what?

I had my stock seat customized and am really happy with it. Did not like the boss seat. Had it done in fort sask, nice and close for welder488.

2manykids

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Im not sure which boss seat you guys have looked at , but i have this years and as far as more storage sorry i dont see it. Though i have no done a test. Guy i ride with has a new 10 seat with the cave, yes i called it a cave. My first thought is when you wanna get something out are you going to have to pull everything thing out to get to the water bottle that has found its way all the way to the back:confused: Here is what i have in my seat , shovel "not the handle", snow bungie, plate and reg, spare goggles, tool pouch, tow rope plus the one it came with, jerry can tie down, spare tie down, first aid kit, roll of duct tape, leather man, 2 goggle straps and 3 over sized maxi pads. Those are the things that live in there. I still have room to pack a nice lunch in there, and i dont have to pull it all out to get at any of it.

Top Bottom