Blue River Information Thread

meridian

Reaction score
Huge thanks to Blue River Sledz, Digger and his brother for taking us where we never would have dreamed of. We had an incredible time and will be back again. Fingers crossed for blue skys again to get back into the alpine. Have a great season!!!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    231.7 KB · Views: 629

Sledtillded

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Huge thanks to Blue River Sledz, Digger and his brother for taking us where we never would have dreamed of. We had an incredible time and will be back again. Fingers crossed for blue skys again to get back into the alpine. Have a great season!!!
Nice Pic ! we are coming up this weekend and first time to Blue. looking forward to seeing what the area has to offer. Where was this shot taken ?

Braaap

Reaction score
If anyone happened to be In Holy Grail on Saturday / Sunday and found radio (Probably on the Trail) Would be much appreciated if you could let me know!

Thanks

08summit

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Creeks are all covered in this year and access is pretty good just a little rough. Spent 1 day in the Grail and 2 in North Blue last week...Snow is set up pretty good but you can still find some pretty good spots to play in. It's a good time to do some exploring for sure

Reaction score
Website
www.sledblueriver.com
Be Part of the Canadian Avalanche Centre’s Observer Network! Upgrade to CAC’s smartphone app allows users to share observations and information
February 5, 2014, Revelstoke, BC: The Canadian Avalanche Centre (CAC) releases their new Observer Network today, which will allow backcountry users to submit and share observations from the field. The Observer Network is an upgrade to CAC Mobile, the CAC’s smartphone app. Through the Observer Network, photos and comments can be uploaded and shared with other backcountry users and the CAC’s forecasting team in Revelstoke.
“A picture is truly worth a thousand words,” says Ilya Storm, Field Programs Manager for the CAC’s public avalanche warning service. “We’re looking forward to receiving images of avalanches, precipitation, cornice build-up, wind action, just about anything that helps us verify our forecasts and improves our understanding of local conditions.”
With the Observer Network on their smart phones, backcountry users will have close to real-time access to observations taken by others in the field. Once a photo is uploaded to the network, it will be geo-tagged and pinpointed on the app’s map for everyone to see.
“The Observer Network will be another great tool for us to communicate with backcountry users,” adds Storm. “We’re looking forward to seeing its use grow and adding to a conversation that will improve everyone’s understanding of current conditions, which can translate into making better decisions in the field.”
CAC Mobile and the Observer Network were developed with the generous support of Mountain Equipment Co-op and TECTERRA. If you already have CAC Mobile, the upgrade with the Observer Network will appear today. CAC Mobile can be downloaded for free at Google Play and the Apple Store.
—30—
For more information: Observer Network : Pre-Trip Planning : Canadian Avalanche Centre : avalanche.ca

glacier mt lodge

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.glaciermountainlodge.com
With the lack of snow in the past couple of weeks we have seen riders venture into the closed areas. Please respect the closures!!! otherwise we will lose our ridding area It's no joke if we can't manage ourselves Government will manage us right out of the alpine. This is an email I received from Monashee Chalet in the Foiam creek area, These people are good friends and we work well together but that won't last if boundaries are ignored. So please respect the closures we worked our asses off to sign the boundaries and deal with keeping the riding open. DO YOUR PART and HAVE RESPECT.

I just wanted to let you know I had a group in the chalet this weeek that reproted the slopes around the chalet had all been tracked out by sledders. They were also in the chalet ( basically a trespass) and were nice enough to post a journal entry. I realize its hard for BRPP to control the "Yahoo factor" and these are not likely members of the club, but it would still reflect poorly on the snowmobile use in the closure area.

President!

Braaap

Reaction score
Is there anywhere online a guy can get a detailed map showing Blueriver Riding Areas and Boundary's. I know Valemont has there's posted on here but have not been able to find anything on Blue River. If they are posted on here excuse my blind comment and kindly direct me to the thread.

Thanks

glacier mt lodge

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
Is there anywhere online a guy can get a detailed map showing Blueriver Riding Areas and Boundary's. I know Valemont has there's posted on here but have not been able to find anything on Blue River. If they are posted on here excuse my blind comment and kindly direct me to the thread.

Thanks
The maps are not great but there are around 150 + wildlife closure signs in the alpine at every conceivable place that a rider could go out of bounds so it's not hard to figure out. And that's where my frustration come in We placed the signs which is as hard a task as possible to accomplish all done by volunteers on our own sleds and our own dime for fuel and damage associated with running your sled into tree wells so you can post sign in a high enough and visible location. The clubs in the province have taken on a huge task to make sure sledding is not completely banned in the mountains all at each clubs expense. The biologists are just waiting for us to fail and with actions of a few they are getting the results that they want to see. So be aware of where you are you will see a sign at some point.

Blueriversledz-Digger

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
And the Snow has started this morning, forecast is looking good for fresh snow all week.

Avalanche conditions are speculating to be on HIGH all week, ride with caution.

Last edited:

Sledtillded

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
First time to Blue this past weekend. I think we were the only sleds in town lol
Rode Salmon, Holy Grail and Big Blue. Didn't see any closure signs so guess that is a good thing Had a great time seeing new terrain but was wondering why the trail up to holy Grail and B Blue is not groomed ? Can't wait to get back with new snow

scrfce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
be there in the mornin, hopefully that pow will pile up overnight…..been way too long of a layoff.

glacier mt lodge

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
Good observation, North Blue area the closures are just on the trail up once you are in the alpine there are no wildlife closures yet. Much the same in Salmon the closures are again on the trail up until the 30 ish KM mark once you leave the groomed trail there are no concerns. Most of the closures in the main riding areas are in Groundhog and Foam areas. Hope this helps!

Ianhcr800

Reaction score
Headin up tomorrow with a group of 9. Got a couple days scheduled with ken and digger. Hope the snow is piling up haven't been dissapointed with blue river yet!

MK4TDI

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Out the front door of the Holy Smoke in right now.

Got about 3" today around town and currently snowing very well.

Sent from my Shoe Phone

Top Bottom