Best way to lose a atv

sledneck_03

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
St albert trail, rear princess auto strap broken and flapping. No parking brake and rolling back and forth yet to break front strap.

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Lol if it yard sales let me know I could use a few parts/spares.

sledneck_03

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Couldnt get in front of him to get his attention as you know....traffic.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
likely stolen!!!! guy making get away should have stopped the rat!

gordhunt

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It's a Polaris of it fell off he'd be better off

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

Zrock

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
And thats why i run 4 straps one breaks and still have 3 remaining.

whoDEANie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Lol, I just about lost a quad at SnoMo days. Rolled off the back of the truck and was high centered on the tail gate with the rear bumper sitting on the tongue of my trailer. The f'd up part is that I didn't even notice it happen until TylerG pointed it out to me.

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Back in 2001 both me and my brother bought brand new banshee's! We were headed out to vega to ride for the day. Had them strapped down to my sled trailer with no front. I got a feeling like we should stop and check the straps. We stopped and looked to find there wasn't any straps left on the quads! They all got cut from being on sharp edges lol. Left the trailer and quads with my brother standing guard and went and bought new straps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Beels

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
His straps breaking makes him stupid?

Yes. Yes it does.

Either used too light of strap, ran them where they could be cut or didn't anchor them in a way they could stay tight. That thing falls off in traffic and someone gets hurt or killed, besides being stupid he's liable and responsible for it. If a trucker lost a load because he didn't tie it down properly, the DOT would be throwing the book at him. This isn't any different.

Lem Lamb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yuppers. Had the road police spotted that, there would be a $575 insecure load award !

A injury or fatality due to negligence could end up bad for the motor vehicle operator.

700WFO

Reaction score
I always get sick seeing people tie down their toys with cheap straps. Even when the packaging says a 1300 lb working load limit and you have an 800 lb toy, that strap rated at 1300 lbs, and even with 4 of them is woe-fully inadequate. Sure it will hold it in place in a static state, but put in a sudden stop or collision and those straps will snap like no bodies business. That 800 lb toy in a sudden change of motion will exert 20 times its weight in force on those little straps, and all you'll be able to do is wave good-bye. If ya spent good money on your toy, spend just a few dollars more on a good tie down system that you can trust.

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I always get sick seeing people tie down their toys with cheap straps. Even when the packaging says a 1300 lb working load limit and you have an 800 lb toy, that strap rated at 1300 lbs, and even with 4 of them is woe-fully inadequate. Sure it will hold it in place in a static state, but put in a sudden stop or collision and those straps will snap like no bodies business. That 800 lb toy in a sudden change of motion will exert 20 times its weight in force on those little straps, and all you'll be able to do is wave good-bye. If ya spent good money on your toy, spend just a few dollars more on a good tie down system that you can trust.
Explain to me how 4 straps rated at 1300lbs each won't hold a 800b machine please????

Top Bottom