Best way to lose a atv

Absledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yikes ....
Is there a problem with this? I've seen lots of people haul cars and suvs this way? Although usually in that case it's one strap all the way through both front wheels.

Sent from my SM-G925W8 using Tapatalk

Mike270412

Golden Boy
Reaction score
Is there a problem with this? I've seen lots of people haul cars and suvs this way? Although usually in that case it's one strap all the way through both front wheels.

Sent from my SM-G925W8 using Tapatalk
Yep. That's better than hooking to something above the suspension IMO

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It may seem smooth ( the wheel rim ) but it will cut through a nylon strap over time ... IMO . Not to mention wear through the Finnish on your rim. I still like the hooks through the a arms , close to the tires , or better yet the wheel straps .
I still like the idea of an extra half inch nylon rope tied loosely to bike & tie down as an " extra" just in case....

If one ties from one side through both rims to the other side and tightens up , the machine still has the ability to slightly roll back & forth , enough to wear on your rim / straps etc etc ...
Just my thoughts and experiences though ....

on a related note most trailers do not come with enough tie down spots / or poor locations where they are mounted .... This forces people to do some creative anchoring sometimes....lol
I got so pissed of at my equipment trailers I welded dozens of extra tie downs on....lol

Last edited:

Lem Lamb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I agree, lots of tie down points on your trailer, and cut to the chase by pulling down-ward with a slight angle opposed to front/ rear straps.

The best longevity to a strap is hook to hook preventing the nylon from any contact.

Most folks have had a loads come free at one time or the other, then we improve on that to make load-securement better each time.

Rule of thumb is keep it simple when hoping from location to location when transporting your unit, and have it secured in the even of a kur-fluffle that might not be due too your own action.

All my trailers and truck box have many added-in tie down points to haul any-thing and every-thing of what loads might show up.

Pal Lem

Top Bottom