BC, what have you done???? NDP is gonna take you down, big time

LID

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Petronas was on pace to head to clearing/construction over two years ago. They couldn't believe the amount of red tape and just additional crap slowing the whole show down, compared to when they do business elsewhere in the world. Project lost all momentum a few years ago, but I'm sure the new government uncertainty added to the minuses of carrying on

catalac

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That article is more passing blame on previous government then current. Failing on 20 projects, NDP hasn't even been in power 20 days. Yes it is a loss, and yes it's going to hurt but I still fail to see how the NDP gets the blame. I would be more inclined to put the blame on the previous government for bending over backwards to minority groups and Indian bands for not getting the job done. That being said there is also much truth to the first article about low prices, when progress first started to kick off their drilling campaign natural gas was over $5, I have seen so many companies ramp up in this fashion and only to fail just as quickly. Progress, talisman, daylight just to name a few.

Not really the conclusion I took from the article but yes of course always the result of the previous government... the cliche response perfected by Trudeau as well. Thinking the current stance Horgan has on kinder Morgan to look at "all legal means to block" the pipeline is hardly pro business either, thankfully Alberta has taken steps to correct our ndp mess.

X-it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The Liberals really won the election, but with the coup the NDP and Green formed they have the majority. In order for this retarded coup to work, Horgan has to dance with Weaver on every agenda. The green agenda which is even worse than the NDP agenda if that is possible (shut down gas lines). Now last time the NDP were in in BC they closed 16 mines, yet the ndp voters of today have it stuck in their head it was a low mineral prices that closed the mines.. not the NDP policies. I can't believe how stupid people really are that make up crap and then believe the crap they made up. In Alberta the NDP blame their woes on low oil prices, I can tell you right now if Ralphy was alive and in power, Alberta would be in the black and booming.. With a AAA credit rating to boot.

X-it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Imagine this, gas lines mothballed, site C closed down. Then Christy calls another election!!! Oh the gas lines and site C got going again because of what Horgan and Weaver did ....WTF.

S.W.A.T.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So many people vote on miss information and they believe what is written on Facebook. NDP/Green party would would be stupid to stop kinder Morgan. That would go to prove that they have no business sense. Pipelines are everywhere, from bulk plants to gas stations, water treatment plant to houses, rail lines and highways are the most visible pipelines but most people fail to see them that way because they to also drive and a train looks good going down the tracks.

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well it's obvious they do have no business sense ...
Trust me / they will more than prove that .....!

X-it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We have Carol James in charge of the Coffers now, any one following her knows what she is all about. Very Scary indeed!!!! She is an extremely entitled person.

S.W.A.T.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not really the conclusion I took from the article but yes of course always the result of the previous government... the cliche response perfected by Trudeau as well. Thinking the current stance Horgan has on kinder Morgan to look at "all legal means to block" the pipeline is hardly pro business either, thankfully Alberta has taken steps to correct our ndp mess.

Your telling me it is all the NDP fault that petronas is pulling out?

eclipse1966

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
our current freak show will confirm our belief that they are no better than the previous time we had an NDP government. Here is Armstrong we have Rapid Span building bridges for various purposes including forestry. Last time the NDP government was in place they told Rapid Span not to seek services from non unionized shops (for BC government contracts) including a local machine shop who had 12 people employed and was non-unionized. He had to lay off people back then. Crazy! I personally lost US$20 grand because they supported a longshoremen strike and would not intervene. Had cargo on dock and it went bad.

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Your telling me it is all the NDP fault that petronas is pulling out?

If the previous government was bad and never got much accomplished, what do you think are the chances of the new gov?
When they publicly state they will use any means available to stop any oil and gas expansion. Do you think the stakeholders do not pay attention to this ...,
I think this is rather straightforward, would you not agree ?

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
BC was late to the party with LNG, and didn't move it through the red tape fast enough to make up for the late start. Other countries moved first and prices have fallen. The LNG was never going to be the boon that Christy Clark sold it as and the NDP stealing power was just the final nail in the coffin. The NDP will have plenty of opportunity to fawk up BC as they have in the past but I'm with SWAT, they can't take all the blame for this Petronas deal failing.

ZRrrr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
[FONT=BentonSans-Regular, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]For anyone who has been following the corporte office talk at Petronas (not just what Post Media wants you to think) Petronas knew a year a go they were not proceeding, and specifically sited the low cost of gas. Still, they have invested about $11 billion out of the $36 billion, including $10 billion to purchase Progress Energy Corp. and to drill for gas in the Montney, $400 million to develop the export terminal site near Prince Rupert, and another $500 million for planning to build a pipeline.[/FONT]

[FONT=BentonSans-Regular, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Their timing to announce it is nothing more than playing politics themselves. NDP had NOTHING to do with this.[/FONT]

[FONT=BentonSans-Regular, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]One has to also ask if the US and Australian liquified gas industries are actually making any money? Lets see what their shareholder prospectus' say next quarter, next year.[/FONT]

[FONT=BentonSans-Regular, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Royal Dutch Shell has been divesting their traditional plays and moving toward cleaner energy, and have committed to moving forward with gas. They have been developing proprietary technology that can do this quite clean and will give them a competitive advantage. Hence they have said their BC LNG projects are still on the table. They don't seem to think the new BC NDP government is a problem.

Everyone wants an excuse, to pass the buck so to speak, lay blame on a convenient scapegoat. How about the simple fact that the energy industry is changing, plain and simple.
[/FONT]

whoDEANie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Personally, I prefer to only punch holes in news stories when it suits my agenda. Under no circumstances will I ever go out of my way to defend NDP. Time is better spend fighting the BS propaganda that spews from the NDP and their affiliates more freely than the air we breath.

Clode

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Even the Natural Gas company where I work is talking about the direction to take with the NDP gov't. There is a lot of uncertainty right now and some projects may be shelved for now.

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Here is a list of NEW regulations that the green & NDP will adopt ....
More red tape & less profit !

We have already talked about our plans to enhance resilience in our agricultural sector. We are now going to outline how we will address resilience in two of our most important resources: our forests and our water.

A B.C. Green government will make the resilience of our natural asset base a priority. We will work with industrial sectors that will be impacted by climate change to develop integrated climate risk management and resilience plans to preserve long term economic and environmental sustainability, and promote best practices.

A B.C. Green government will implement new guidelines for the use of qualified professionals that eliminate the potential for conflict of interest, and work with professional bodies to ensure that codes of conduct for their members are fully enforced.

A B. C. Green government will re-establish the integrity of the Environmental Assessment process and establish clear criteria for decisions that fully factor in sustainability and cumulative impacts.

A B.C. Green government will establish a natural resource sector-wide compliance and enforcement unit that will be responsible for the continuum of compliance and enforcement activities from inspections to prosecutions. An additional $20 million will be allocated to enhance monitoring, compliance and enforcement.

A B.C. Green government will establish a Natural Resource Commissioner who will lead a Natural Resources Board (NRB) that is responsible for establishing sustainable harvest and extraction levels and reporting on the state of BC’s environment and natural assets. The NRB will conduct cumulative impact assessments, and oversee the professional reliance model.

A B.C. Green government will rebuild the scientific and technical capability of the BC Public Service.

A B.C. Green government will reform the governance of the oil and gas sector to remove conflicting interests within the Oil and Gas Commission.

Almost every one of these are subjective and will be cost prohibitive!
They are politically designed to stop any major project with out public input and backlash.
In other words the taxpayer is paying to regulate industries to death ..

Yes the green and NDP alliance will change things ....Ina bad way !

Last edited:

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
[FONT=BentonSans-Regular, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]For anyone who has been following the corporte office talk at Petronas (not just what Post Media wants you to think) Petronas knew a year a go they were not proceeding, and specifically sited the low cost of gas. Still, they have invested about $11 billion out of the $36 billion, including $10 billion to purchase Progress Energy Corp. and to drill for gas in the Montney, $400 million to develop the export terminal site near Prince Rupert, and another $500 million for planning to build a pipeline.[/FONT]

[FONT=BentonSans-Regular, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Their timing to announce it is nothing more than playing politics themselves. NDP had NOTHING to do with this.[/FONT]

[FONT=BentonSans-Regular, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]One has to also ask if the US and Australian liquified gas industries are actually making any money? Lets see what their shareholder prospectus' say next quarter, next year.[/FONT]

[FONT=BentonSans-Regular, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Royal Dutch Shell has been divesting their traditional plays and moving toward cleaner energy, and have committed to moving forward with gas. They have been developing proprietary technology that can do this quite clean and will give them a competitive advantage. Hence they have said their BC LNG projects are still on the table. They don't seem to think the new BC NDP government is a problem.

Everyone wants an excuse, to pass the buck so to speak, lay blame on a convenient scapegoat. How about the simple fact that the energy industry is changing, plain and simple.
[/FONT]

I was back reading your fondness for the NDP prior to them getting elected in Alberta .
How did that work out ....lol

S.W.A.T.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If the previous government was bad and never got much accomplished, what do you think are the chances of the new gov?
When they publicly state they will use any means available to stop any oil and gas expansion. Do you think the stakeholders do not pay attention to this ...,
I think this is rather straightforward, would you not agree ?

Not arguing with your statement nor am I going to say BC investment is now on even more Shakey ground however my argument was that I do not think it's fair to pass the buck so early on to the NDP. Granted I'm not sure it's a bright future with them just in this particular case can't say the petronas deal is their fault

X-it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You would have to be a absolute dim wit to go ahead with the petronas deal under an NDP Green coalition government. Turns out at petronas they are not dim wits. There was layoffs at site C dam the other day. I just find it mind blowing that people just not understand that they vote NDP and things get closed down then somehow it has nothing to do with the ndp government....... new flash!!! Are you that stupid.

Last edited:

catalac

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Brad Wall today on FB, wish he was in Alberta.

"There are consequences to electing an NDP government.

$36 BILLION investment and 4,500 projected new jobs lost for British Columbia and Canada.
Policies matter."

Top Bottom