BC, what have you done???? NDP is gonna take you down, big time

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
https://energeticcity.ca/2017/07/breaking-pacific-northwest-lng-will-not-proceed/

[h=1]BREAKING: Pacific NorthWest LNG will not proceed[/h]July 25, 2017 , News, Regional
Petronas-Gives-Conditional-OK-for-Pacific-NorthWest-LNG-1024x528.jpg
A rendering of the Pacific Northwest LNG project.

VANCOUVER, B.C. – Pacific NorthWest LNG has announced that the project will not be proceeding.

Petronas and its partners have decided not to move forward after a ‘careful and total review’ of the project.
Anuar Taib, Chairman of the PNW LNG Board said they are disappointed with the decision but signalled prices and shifts in the energy industry were to blame.
“We are disappointed that the extremely challenging environment brought about by the prolonged depressed prices and shifts in the energy industry have led us to this decision.
PETRONAS and its North Montney Joint Venture partners remain committed to developing their significant natural gas assets in Canada and will continue to explore all options as part of its long-term investment strategy moving forward.”
President and CEO of PNW LNG Adnan Zainal Abidin thanked those who supported the project.
“On behalf of the entire PNW LNG team, I would like to thank everyone who has supported the project. I also want to thank everyone who contributed towards the development of this project and its comprehensive environmental assessments. In particular, I want to recognize the area First Nations, the District of Port Edward, the City of Prince Rupert, and their communities for their invaluable support and involvement in the project. I would also like to acknowledge the Pacific NorthWest LNG project team for all of their dedication and hard work.”
Justin Trudeau and the Liberals had approved the project in September of 2016.

S.W.A.T.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Don't get me wrong im nervous as shyt with our new government but how is the NDP to blame, not that im against blaming the ndp. lol

X-it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That is the problem with people they cannot put 2 and 2 together. You think any pipeline is going through with this governments attitude and environmental nut cases. Last time NDP were in I got the hell out of mining altogether they would have bankrupted me.

DaveB

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Don't get me wrong im nervous as shyt with our new government but how is the NDP to blame, not that im against blaming the ndp. lol
Petronas jumped through all the hoops for years to get approval...now with new provincial gov't, it's just not worth it. They know it. They won't come right out and say that, but everyone know's this is the reason. Same as all those operators selling off assets in AB while buying in SK and elsewhere.

X-it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am just hoping site c dam is way to costly to shut down now, that even stupid people like horgan will know enough not to shut it down. He said already to not go ahead with any new contracts on the dam. Twiddle dee and twiddle dumb are running the province.

Cat401

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am just hoping site c dam is way to costly to shut down now, that even stupid people like horgan will know enough not to shut it down. He said already to not go ahead with any new contracts on the dam. Twiddle dee and twiddle dumb are running the province.

nah, we gots tweedle Dumb in Alberta with our beloved Rachel...you must have tweedle dee

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Are you serious ?
Do you think this a strange cosmic coincidence....?
They have to be extremely careful how they word this and deal with it ...
But they know that the writing is on the wall !
Most business will go to the US , as Trump is deregulating while on the flip side / we are over regulating in Canada .

Last edited:

SamStorm

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've never seen a Greenie or Dipper afraid of a dumb idea yet. They will shut it down. You guys are gonna be paying for years. You guys can't catch a break. One disaster after another. First the fires, now the NDP. Get out while you can.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I thought I heard that Horton the Who is meeting Justin the jughead this week about the pipeline issues. Has this happened yet?

S.W.A.T.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Honestly blaming the NDP is a stretch, I knew years ago that PETRONAS wasn't going through with it. Smoke and mirrors. If the others pull out then I would have more cause for concern

catalac

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

pete gads

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
justin met today with bc and no talk about pipeline, talked about trees. kinder morgan should shut down the one and only pipe line supplying bc with gas(a mechanical failure,shut down for safety) for about 10 days and gas stations would close ,greenies would have to bike everywhere. BC can not bring gasoline in by boat as ports are not made to receive, only ship.

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Let's put this in a little perspective...
Knothead is like Trump compared to the two whackjobs in BC ...
TROUBLE ...yes I think so !

S.W.A.T.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Get your head out of the sand... or arms unwound from the tree you are holding, all levels of government in our left leaning country can take some blame but Horgan tipped it over the edge.

http://business.financialpost.com/c...ands/wcm/de2567c8-499d-489f-9dec-3826a01c932c

That article is more passing blame on previous government then current. Failing on 20 projects, NDP hasn't even been in power 20 days. Yes it is a loss, and yes it's going to hurt but I still fail to see how the NDP gets the blame. I would be more inclined to put the blame on the previous government for bending over backwards to minority groups and Indian bands for not getting the job done. That being said there is also much truth to the first article about low prices, when progress first started to kick off their drilling campaign natural gas was over $5, I have seen so many companies ramp up in this fashion and only to fail just as quickly. Progress, talisman, daylight just to name a few.

S.W.A.T.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Another point is that the majority of this lng gas was to be sold at a premium of over $12, so if investing another 36B to get the over inflated gas is good business or just get it on the cheap from Russia???? Business stand point says buy from Russia.

SamStorm

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
As much as I hate the Dippers and Greenies, not to mention the Libtards, the entire country is the problem, not just the provincial government. Everybody has to bend over backwards for the special interest groups. If its not the SJW's, its the environuts, if its not them its the natives. If its not them than its ridiculous Carbon taxes. I'm actually shocked that anything gets done. Why would any company want to invest in Canada? How long have these projects been tied up in red tape in BC?
In the states business is booming. Same with China. Horgan will destroy BC, just as Wynne has done with Ontario and Notley is trying to do with Alberta.
The left want everything paid for, they just don't understand where money comes from. Spend, spend, spend and let the next government figure it out after they get the boot.

And as an extra kick in the nuts to my fellow proud Canadians who support our troops and veterens:

https://act.leadnow.ca/i-stand-with-omar-khadr/

Leadnow was the big group who piled a bunch of funding to get Trudeau elected. Now they coming with this $hit? And 20000 people have signed it? WTF?, over. I may be wrong and usually am more often or not but why is everybody concernd about his rights? IMO he lost those when he took up arms against us and our allies. Should have been shot. At 15 he knew what he was doing.
Chri$t Trudeau would probably pardon Hitler and all the Nazi leaders if he could go back and get the chance.
God the PC crowd is taking over.

Bit off topic rant over. Sorry.

Top Bottom