Back on a Doo

Lococoin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sold the pro and back on a Doo after a 8 year hiatus. Have been through all the brands minus arctic cat in that time frame.

Had nothing but good luck with my pro in 3300 kms with the biggest issue being the pull start rope breaking this year. Hoping to put that and more on this doo with as little trouble.

One thing I noticed on mine is that is shows the temperature in celcius if you scroll through the display. The manual says another module is needed for that. Wonder if the dealer put one on for some reason or if this is stock. Its a 2016 sp t3 174.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1453912085931.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1453912085931.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 609
  • uploadfromtaptalk1453912110595.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1453912110595.jpg
    32.7 KB · Views: 592

AkNomad

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I know that Doo has a module that you can buy for $149 US that displays the ambient air and engine temp but as far as I know the SP's come with a temp display that shows bars instead of actual numbers. Does yours display ambient and engine temp?

Congrats on the Doo!

Lococoin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks! I didn't see anything on ambient but I will check tonight. I'm assuming it will be found scrolling through the display like normal? Still getting a feel for this thing.

AkNomad

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes, I would assume that is how you would check it for the ambient air temp, if it has it.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
All u need to know with stock temp, half way is normal just like any vehicle pretty much

5 bars is warm ish

6 bars start to look for snow or think about stopping and dumping snow on tunnel

Last edited:

Merc63

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My 16 T3 174 says the engine temp in numbers too, my 15 T3 163 doesn't show the engine temp like that, just the bars.

preemo

Reaction score
Im not sure off the top of my head. Sleds only a month old to me and I havent played to much with the cluster. But if you look in the manual it'll tell you what settings there are. I believe the numbers are the ambient temperature.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Lococoin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
First day on the new sled. Definitely engine temp is shown on the 16s. Confirmed that the 16 summit x has it as well if you scroll through the settings. Nice feature as I liked being able to see the actual temp on my pro.

T3 is a sweet sled too! So easy to ride.

Merc63

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yep, mine is an X shows engine temp, just need to scroll through it. whats normal operating temp on the 174?

damhill

Reaction score
First day on the new sled. Definitely engine temp is shown on the 16s. Confirmed that the 16 summit x has it as well if you scroll through the settings. Nice feature as I liked being able to see the actual temp on my pro.

T3 is a sweet sled too! So easy to ride.

crap, I just paid extra for this. I'll have to confirm with the dealer the extra module is not needed for a 16SP.

Lococoin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
crap, I just paid extra for this. I'll have to confirm with the dealer the extra module is not needed for a 16SP.
I think the module gives you ambient temp as well. But if you just want the engine temp you don't need it on a 16 as its already there.

AkNomad

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think the module gives you ambient temp as well. But if you just want the engine temp you don't need it on a 16 as its already there.
Correct, I've been trying to find an ambient temp gauge for my sled with no luck so I may get the module instead and get the best of both worlds.

Top Bottom