Axys Pro RMK

Teth-Air

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So is anybody excited about the Polaris release? Are you snochecking? Would most guys be going with the 2.6 tall track,3 inch?
And what length?

Finally should this fall in the Axys threads or the Pro threads now or should Ron make a new heading for Axys Pro RMK?

PINandPRAY

Reaction score
Snowchecking with 2 year warranty and the new digital display for sure. The GPS unit is a really nice feature, having a full screen displaying your GPS position, waypoints and trail system right in front of you at all times is huge IMO.

Now I just cant decide between 155 3" or 163" 3"

I think the 155 3" would be a beast but a couple years ago when I switched to the 163 and swore i would never go back to a shorter track.

Lots to consider, Polaris gave us so many options. Anyone have any experience with 155 3"? I'd like to hear your opinion

j.c.higgins

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm riding my 2012 for one more season, then upgrade in 17. I'll wait a year to get the bugs out! But when i do it will be a 163 x 3", i'm on that now(162) and i love it for almost all conditions.

Last edited:

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I won't be in the market for another season, maybe two if next year is as dismal as this one. But I'll be taking a close look at one of these when that time comes. Would be a 163 3", that what I'm on now and love it in all but the hardest packed conditions.

Teth-Air

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think the 163 x 2.6 will be enough for me. I have no problem with the "old" Pro and if it is now lighter with more traction it will be unstoppable. Can't see the need for a 3 inch

Vance Matheson

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Some guys just need to compensate for things with the 174x3

10150651_684033735003386_6921169156283505357_n.jpg

2014-04-25 20.53.00.jpg

Last edited:

Lund

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So is anybody excited about the Polaris release? Are you snochecking? Would most guys be going with the 2.6 tall track,3 inch?
And what length?

Finally should this fall in the Axys threads or the Pro threads now or should Ron make a new heading for Axys Pro RMK?

I'am very excited about the new Polaris, it has been a long time since i have been this excited about any new sled out there.
My personal opinion from years of riding and building custom sleds for my self, Polaris has done a very exceptional job in developing a purpose built mountain machine. A statement only Cat and Polaris can claim.

I'm currently looking into possibly getting two of these, both 163x2.6, I currently run a 174 and even though the extra length is beneficial in the deep(like handle bar deep)and climbing(monster type chutes) the benefits are not enough in the snow conditions we get in BC to claim that the 163 cannot fallow the same. (thus why i think the T3 174 is a sell's gimmick from BRP)
As for them handle bar deep day's are EXTREMELY rare and 95% of us don't hit monster chute type climbs.
As for a 3", long before the craze of the T3 i ran the 3", did for 1 1/2 season's and my conclusion was "not worth it" and the best all around track for condition found in western Canada imo is the 2.5-2.6 tracks.
3" lugs, as many that purchased a T3 are finding out now are problematic in causing over heating issues, slider melt issues and vibration issues, though not everyone is experiencing all these, many are experiencing at least one of these problem's not found with the 2.5-2.6 lug. We all have to run hard pack(like a trail) sooner or later. Again, unless your a chute slayer hitting the BIGGEST, i have yet to see a 3" get over the top that a 2.5-2.6 could not for the backcountry rider out there.

BTW i now run a 2.5"x 174 and if i did it again i would go back to a 162" on my TNytro.

My biggest ????? is the engine, as Polaris has not had a good rep with alot of their engines, i don't want some thing that will leave me or wife stranded.

Last edited:

TimG

Reaction score
If you ride with others that have the 3", it becomes a necessity pretty quick.

3" 163 for me. 2 year warranty, no gauge- taking the $ off instead. The gauge looks cool, but it's on everything now- RZRs, etc. For the $664 they take off the price, I'll wait to buy one off a wrecked machine for $200.

wildalberta

Reaction score
Hey guys so im curious about how the reliability is on the latest quickdrive and what kind of difference the belt vs chain might make?

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The quick drive belt hasn't had any issues since 14. The pulley tolerance and shaft tolerance has become an issue though and the pulleys wobbling on the shaft.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The quick drive belt hasn't had any issues since 14. The pulley tolerance and shaft tolerance has become an issue though and the pulleys wobbling on the shaft.

So the 15 rental stuck at blue lake a few weeks ago with a broken off belt drive bolt isn't a issue??? They had to tow it out as the bolt threads are locktighted in the shaft and needs drilled and easy out to remove

Not a on the hill fix

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It broke because the pulley is wobbling on the shaft, stretching the bolt and popping the head off.

Top Bottom