Anyone got the March 2011 Issue of SnoWest?

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just wondering who won the 2011 Deep Powder Challenge in the March issue of SnoWest magazine? It has always been the premier shootout for 800 class mountain sleds. I think there is info on the SnoWest forums but I am not a member of those forums. Thanks in advance. :beer:

Oldtrick

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Polaris Pro RMK,
there really was no doubt after all of the reviews this past winter.
What ever you hear about the Etek, it's nothing more than grandpa's station wagon, good reliable boat, but kinda like a moped. Nice to ride, but embarassing when you get caught on one.

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Polaris Pro RMK,
What ever you hear about the Etek, it's nothing more than grandpa's station wagon, good reliable boat, but kinda like a moped. Nice to ride, but embarassing when you get caught on one.

It must suck to be in 3rd place....
Well if a 143 HP sled is your fancy, then GIVER!! LOL

Also, Reliable>>?? HUH? are any of the 2 strokes reliable?

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This post was a fishing expedition. Heard through some posts before getting kicked out of the SnoWest site that the Doo won again for like the umpteenth time in a row. I just wanted some real proof that that is the way it played out. Care to provide that proof there Mr. Poo?:nono:

doublek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Same results here. Mountain class is in the second portion of the video.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-s9GFt1UiiY[/media]

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just wondering who won the 2011 Deep Powder Challenge in the March issue of SnoWest magazine? It has always been the premier shootout for 800 class mountain sleds. I think there is info on the SnoWest forums but I am not a member of those forums. Thanks in advance. :beer:

Sorry guys. I thought I was clear that I was after the results of The Deep Powder Challenge from SnoWest magazine. 24/7 does an EVALUATION of all the 2012 mountain models including the 130hp Yamaha Nytro MTX (not really fair) and the 177hp Cat 100 Turbo (not really fair) They don't even include the M8? The competition I am interested is for the 2011 models and is in fact an actual competition not an evaluation. Comprendae? :):beer:

H2O

Reaction score
So if the info does not meet your expectations... then it is not valid?

Then another magazine or group does an evaluation..... and we don't like there opinion.... then we say "they are not true mountain riders"

IMHO just go to the hills and you will see that stock for stock for 2011 the best overall sled is the PRO RMK. (And yes I am bias)

Whether it has 100 or 147 or 154 hp it just flat out works.... and yes it gets the highmark most of the time and even against mod sleds.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey H20. I am not here to stir up chit on who is better than the other. I just asked if anyone had the info I was looking for, plain and simple. With the exception of Cuso the only info I am getting is from a bunch of Poo riders that just want to rant about how much the Pro blows their horn. If the Poo has won this particular shootout then kudo's to them. I am for the last time just asking for information not your bias'd opinion. Please feel free to read the post again and contribute if you can and can supply proof. Thankyou in advance. :confused::beer::beer:

theunit1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well I am hopefully going to tell you what you want to hear,I have the magazine and the Polaris pro 800 won the shootout with the etec800 in a close second

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anyone ever notice that these magazines never, ever, EVER dare to say something negative about the products?

A lot of lined pockets. its all good All of it.. LOL

Oldtrick

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This post was a fishing expedition. Heard through some posts before getting kicked out of the SnoWest site that the Doo won again for like the umpteenth time in a row. I just wanted some real proof that that is the way it played out. Care to provide that proof there Mr. Poo?:nono:

Your question was answered with accuracy Mr. Snopro, can't help it if you don't like the answer.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Congratulations Old Trick. It's about time you guys won something.:d:d:d

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm sorry but you guys are completely clueless. Especially snowest and flatllander f** testers from sledhead 24/7. The pro rmk is an awesome machine I've been on one. Handles well and all I'm not afraid to admit. But if you think for a second that it has better deep snow performance than the 2012 doo your off your rocker. Give those guys a rope and next thing you know they will be cowboys too!! Now where's lenny he should be around any second now to pretend he knows what he's talkin about

Last edited:

T-team

"big deal"
Reaction score
Polaris Pro RMK,

What ever you hear about the E-TEK... What mag are you reading?
And... A station wagon? . E-tech kinda like a moped....... The Pro RMK's are a wicked machine but I cant see where your your getting all these opinions from about the e-tech.... but in the end.. they are opinions.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
On this site we get opionions from people who don't ride often enough to actually disprove anything.

Then we get opinions from people who truly believe the chit spewing from some of these reveiws

And then there are the people who actually get out and test these sleds head to head every weekend.

I don't even buy sled mags anymore.

And I'm not brand bashing either. When ever doo was sled of the year some of the crap that they came up with was unreal.

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
geez another thread about which sled is better.........:rolleyes:

So when your favorite brand wins its a valid test but when someone else wins its a biased pile of sh!t? LOL

C'mon you guys, they evaluate the sleds the same way every year. Polaris made a better sled than Doo this year according to the mag. Its just their opinion, you don't have to take it as gospel. They only test the sleds in a certain area, for a certain time, with certain riders. All that can change on another day in another area, with another rider, in another type of snow. No sled is unbeatable, everyday, in every kind of snow, in every kind of riding.

Ride what you got, ride it hard and enjoy the days while you got 'em.

T-team

"big deal"
Reaction score
geez another thread about which sled is better.........:rolleyes:

So when your favorite brand wins its a valid test but when someone else wins its a biased pile of sh!t? LOL

C'mon you guys, they evaluate the sleds the same way every year. Polaris made a better sled than Doo this year according to the mag. Its just their opinion, you don't have to take it as gospel. They only test the sleds in a certain area, for a certain time, with certain riders. All that can change on another day in another area, with another rider, in another type of snow. No sled is unbeatable, everyday, in every kind of snow, in every kind of riding.

Ride what you got, ride it hard and enjoy the days while you got 'em.

Very true... A thread about which sled is better is ALSO 100% opinions though. I would wish people would post them as opinions and not "FACTS" haha.:beer:

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They picked it because they must feel overall it works better than the etec. Handling suspension etcetc. But facts are facts the 2012 with the 2.5 will perform better in deep snow. They actually said it in sledhead 24/7 if yiu were listening. And after all aren't we after deep snow performance out west?

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Very true... A thread about which sled is better is ALSO 100% opinions though. I would wish people would post them as opinions and not "FACTS" haha.:beer:

You of anyone should know about facts.

FACT: the 2012 doo has more lug surface and track surface on the snow than any other production sled.

Top Bottom