Anybody In Kamloops?

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i work 5 days a week as it is......

what about the other 2, you want something, you need to be willing to sacrifice. the lazy sleep most of the time. 24 hrs per day 7 days per week get at it bud. time is flying by.:beer:

mallard d69

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

S.W.A.T.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You can get a S10 in a 4x4, or go with the sanoma, same truck.

My first was a S10 2x4, probably the best dollar for dollar truck i have ever owned.

bhowes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Uhmmm, just so you know, 100hr weeks are not unheard of...lots of guys in the patch do this or more...

Lots of guys that own their own bussiness do this year round...just sayin

If you want it, you can too...you have one HUGE advantage. Homeschool...

sorry long horn 100 hrs a week gotta call bullchit there that dont leave a lot o sleepy time and that just makes you a super hazard on a job site you wouldn't be workn for me and i wouldn't work for you if thats what you need:nono:

Longhorn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.longhornenergy.ca
sorry long horn 100 hrs a week gotta call bullchit there that dont leave a lot o sleepy time and that just makes you a super hazard on a job site you wouldn't be workn for me and i wouldn't work for you if thats what you need:nono:

Uhmmm, not every week...my guys work on average 12 hr days with many 13's and 14's...11 on 3 off is normal, but if you are working for different clients, then sometime the 3 off is just at another site. We drive 100 to 120kms to the site daily, so you do the math. 12hr day, 2hrs drive time makes 14 hrs...14x7 is 98hrs...

Trust me I have the timesheets to prove it. We also get up to a 2 month break that 'normal' workers dont called 'breakup'...gonna be a long one this year.

Pipeline projects are finished when the line is complete, not when someone gets tired. This is getting better and better, but most of the big companies still push for production even when they claim safety first...

2 weeks ago, I pulled a 32hr stint plowing into wells that had to be restarted because a battery went down, you dont tell the client that you have to go home and sleep when that happens...

Last week I took a week off becasue we were slow, so it all evens out. I agree it isnt 'right' but the bulk of the industry works this way, so you can join them or work in a different industry. I have chosen this one, so I put up with it.

bhowes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yup owned a service company for 10 yrs had 15 trucks running cold weather good for the paychecks makn your man work 2 or 3 18's in a row just cause he will is an accident waitn to happen just makes for high liability insurance cost when the wrecks start to happen hope your work force never kills some one its hard to live with:eek:

S.W.A.T.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
168hr work week for me. do the math=24/7 for weeks on end.
Most rig hands are 84hrs/week
Lots of the forrest industry is around the 100hr/week depending on your job.
100hr/week is not very uncommon in my circle of friends

Work hard=play hard

TheLonelyIsland

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Likely high mileage. The 22r is a pretty damned bulletproof motor though. Gutless as well, but fair on fuel. Body looks like it's in real nice shape to boot.

as long as the mileage is under like 260ish i'd buy it......my brother just bought a ford crown victoria with 370 and has had no trouble so far......

how far is merrit from the ferry?

thanks

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Uhmmm, not every week...my guys work on average 12 hr days with many 13's and 14's...11 on 3 off is normal, but if you are working for different clients, then sometime the 3 off is just at another site. We drive 100 to 120kms to the site daily, so you do the math. 12hr day, 2hrs drive time makes 14 hrs...14x7 is 98hrs...

Trust me I have the timesheets to prove it. We also get up to a 2 month break that 'normal' workers dont called 'breakup'...gonna be a long one this year.

Pipeline projects are finished when the line is complete, not when someone gets tired. This is getting better and better, but most of the big companies still push for production even when they claim safety first...

2 weeks ago, I pulled a 32hr stint plowing into wells that had to be restarted because a battery went down, you dont tell the client that you have to go home and sleep when that happens...

Last week I took a week off becasue we were slow, so it all evens out. I agree it isnt 'right' but the bulk of the industry works this way, so you can join them or work in a different industry. I have chosen this one, so I put up with it.

wow how things get off topic, but gotta agree with longhorn on this one, oilfield doesn't stop cause your tired, if it does your fired. end of story, especially the last month or so before break up. i remember when i was still driving oilfield it was nothing to turn in 250 hrs in a 2 week period, granted some are bonus travel hrs:d:d but happened ofetn. remember when i was still swamping 2 weeks work, at 15 phr and my take home was nearly 4g. sweet. but man was i bagged.

Top Bottom