Anybody In Kamloops?

KVF 700

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i dont think thats a very good deal. that truck is worth $1000 bucks in my opinion. i wouldnt buy it unless your trading your old bike and at most 500 bucks because you'll be running into trouble very quickly!!! first off you'll need a new windshield to get insurance and registration im guessing... i dunno better off buying somthing smaller but in better shape. that think looks beat to ch1t. i know what i put my chevy through....and it still dont look like that!!

my .02 ;)

TheLonelyIsland

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i dont think thats a very good deal. that truck is worth $1000 bucks in my opinion. i wouldnt buy it unless your trading your old bike and at most 500 bucks because you'll be running into trouble very quickly!!! first off you'll need a new windshield to get insurance and registration im guessing... i dunno better off buying somthing smaller but in better shape. that think looks beat to ch1t. i know what i put my chevy through....and it still dont look like that!!

my .02 ;)

good advice thanks......what about strait across?

KVF 700

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
maybe then. but what would u need a truck for then with no bike, especially a half ton?? Its a pig on fuel. you will have to spend money to go get it in the first place. i think a smaller pickup like some other people discussed before might be a better long range decision. a little datson or s10 or ranger. cheap initial price, better on fuel, still a truck.. just think what you will be using it for.

TheLonelyIsland

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
maybe then. but what would u need a truck for then with no bike, especially a half ton?? Its a pig on fuel. you will have to spend money to go get it in the first place. i think a smaller pickup like some other people discussed before might be a better long range decision. a little datson or s10 or ranger. cheap initial price, better on fuel, still a truck.. just think what you will be using it for.

good points again! i really want to get a chevy S15 , not the S10 cuz no 4x4! i love the 4.3 tho!

if anybody has a chevy S15 4x4 let me know! i really want one of those trucks!

DRD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had a GMC Jimmy w/4.3 it was very good. I put 315K on it before I sold it. Just regualr maintenance, the odd steering component etc. Jimmy should be the same.

goodngrubby

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Joey, buddy, don't walk away from that chevy...RUN!! You couldn't give me that beat up horse turd. That thing screams "moneypit". Follow the other's advice, buy a bice little mini Blazer or S-10.

plio7

GBCA Member
Reaction score
she had a blazer or a half ton?:confused:

4x4 blazer 2door 4.3L like i said, it was a solid truck but wasn't all that fuel efficient, mind you we got rid of it when it only had 110k i think, on that same note i personally would never drive another sonoma.....i had a 2wd sonoma 4.3L, and it spent more time in the shop then on the road...last 6 months i owned it i have over 4000 in repairs done to it, and had it in the shop for close to a month over all, every time i got it back 2-3 weeks i would have to take it back in.....my mechanic (who i trust 100%) as well as the g/f's dad, who's a mechanic told me to get rid of it ASAP.....will never buy another gm product after that truck

TheLonelyIsland

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
4x4 blazer 2door 4.3L like i said, it was a solid truck but wasn't all that fuel efficient, mind you we got rid of it when it only had 110k i think, on that same note i personally would never drive another sonoma.....i had a 2wd sonoma 4.3L, and it spent more time in the shop then on the road...last 6 months i owned it i have over 4000 in repairs done to it, and had it in the shop for close to a month over all, every time i got it back 2-3 weeks i would have to take it back in.....my mechanic (who i trust 100%) as well as the g/f's dad, who's a mechanic told me to get rid of it ASAP.....will never buy another gm product after that truck

wow......:eek:

woody_tobius_jr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
One thing you may want to look at is what the insurance is going to cost you, young male = $$$ . Plus gas on an older truck. Thats a lot of Timmy's donuts you have to sling to get a payment together. Just my .02 :)

BC Sno-Ghost

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Unless you get a gutless four cylinder, all p/u trucks are gonna be hard on gas. I've had 4 Chevy trucks... 82, 88, 89 and 93 and I had 0 problems with any of them. A couple of years ago I bought a 2005 Ford with 53,000 kms on it. Had to do the rear end at 80,000 kms and now the transmission is acting up at 90,000. IMO the older chevs are awesome trucks. Don't make the same mistake as me and get a Ford! That being said, any vehicle regardless of make is going to have its issues if it isn't taken care of.:beer:

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Unless you get a gutless four cylinder, all p/u trucks are gonna be hard on gas. I've had 4 Chevy trucks... 82, 88, 89 and 93 and I had 0 problems with any of them. A couple of years ago I bought a 2005 Ford with 53,000 kms on it. Had to do the rear end at 80,000 kms and now the transmission is acting up at 90,000. IMO the older chevs are awesome trucks. Don't make the same mistake as me and get a Ford! That being said, any vehicle regardless of make is going to have its issues if it isn't taken care of.:beer:

not trying to rattle your chain but i think you bought a work over, never had a ford with that few of a km, with that many problems. you got took in my opinion. looks like a speedo roll back or such. where do all the high mileage trucks go?

Top Bottom