Any 'buzz' on the new Polaris 800 engine?

Skegmeister

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Since the new 800 engine was only put in the AXYS chassis and they must have lots riding in the east with multiple feet of snow dumps... I have not been able to find a simple feedback about power or reliability. Is silence a good thing?

Skegmeister

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sold my '10 Dragon already, wondering about whether to p/u a new '15 Assault or snowcheck 2016 with new engine and chassis.
Or... drink a glass of 'Doolaid...

gdhillon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
im curious too, would really like to hear from the axys guys.....i dont think theres many on s&m though?

sc800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Snow trax had a great show on it several weeks ago and they had great things to say about the power of the new 800. Google it.

Skegmeister

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I checked out the snow trax website. Mostly from last spring promo rides with Polaris. There was one guy who was doing some off trail riding and looked like he was doing some short pulls and some boon docking. Not really much from him. Mostly about groomed trail riding.
Snow trax had a great show on it several weeks ago and they had great things to say about the power of the new 800. Google it.

rightsideup

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There is a guy on here from Rocky with a switchback pro x that posted a vid or two

Wild country

Reaction score
Website
www.wildcountrypowersports.ca
Just got mine going .. 120km's on it .. riding with a 15 pro and a 12 pro 800 all flat land stuff right now and won't be in the hills till mid January, will keep you posted but so far WOW .. nice power and FAST, still braking it in so ???

QuintinG

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well Neil from boost it has that turbo long track axys running this season. Could ask him how that's going or go to boost-it's Facebook page for updates.

rightsideup

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just got mine going .. 120km's on it .. riding with a 15 pro and a 12 pro 800 all flat land stuff right now and won't be in the hills till mid January, will keep you posted but so far WOW .. nice power and FAST, still braking it in so ???
What track length and lug size do you have?

Skegmeister

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Read in one of the Snow West articles about a rumor that the new 2016 RMK will be so narrow it will need a kick stand! LOL Timbersled... lookout!

Wild country

Reaction score
Website
www.wildcountrypowersports.ca
What track length and lug size do you have?

It's a 137 x1.75 all stock, went out sat and Sunday .. Good fuel mileage ( if you keep out of it LOL ) GREAT top end lots of go at any throttle position, if you want to "loft" the front end , say like when you are maybe going a little fast and come up to a grader bank, just pin it and go... Easy to adjust the ride also , flies neutral with little effort on my part .. Going to be putting a lot of time on it in the next couple weeks.. Will keep you posted.... :)

Skegmeister

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Finally found the source of the rumor about the 2016 RMK... Wow, this has the making of a terrific rumor and an incredible sled for Polaris!!
:firefire::firefire::firefire:
What I could see in an XTD-RMK ...

800 HO power-plant (narrower engine overall) that sits low in the chassis for a low CG and low Rotating mass.
New, shorter Primary clutch and recoil, to aid in keeping the engine "package" as narrow as possible.
12-13" wide, 163" track, with a crowned "rocker" 2.8" lug design [Center lug is taller than the outer lug... OR a continuous paddle from edge to edge in an arc shape)
Track with taller internal drive lugs for better driver engagement and less ratcheting ... to work with...
Single Combo Driver(extro/intro)... no more 3-driver system... and still keeps the rail tips close to the Driveshaft as Polaris engineers like it.
Rear suspension with narrow distance-between-rails (lighter and works with new track)
Lighter rails with a more cut-out "truss" design.
Hollow Rear axle with single nut for tightening.
Float shocks that allow rider to tailor the ride character quickly on the hill
Smooth aluminum drop brackets that don't collect ice (like an aluminum version of the Dragon bracket)
Coated parts to shed snow better.
Further-evolved QuickDrive ... extruded driveshaft without collar
Brake on Driveshaft
Narrow Tunnel, tank and seat allows more body "English" without hop-over for steep terrain control and less effort.
Lower seat.
New tank design that would allow more of the fuel mass to be carried fwd (like RUSH design)
Pressure cast Upper A-arm with a true ball-joint rather than rod end.
New narrower bodywork to keep from "Paneling out"
35" stance
Evolution of Gripper ski to hold sidehills better and not fold like current design.
Redesigned bulkhead to work with lower mounting position of engine and narrow tunnel/track
Foot pockets that will extend further fwd. and give the rider foot position options on steep terrain.
Overall taller chassis design with 2" longer spindles and 2" lower driveshaft, while keeping tank and saddle low as possible.
LED lighting
GPS MFD
Built in "glovebox" for warming goggles/gloves
Strong bumper standard to deal with Xtreme Terrain obstacles

Put the backcountry "Young-Guns" on this sled and watch all hell break loose!

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Some things I noticed:

The single bar "entire width" paddle track was tried years ago and doesn't work, the track needs to flex laterally as it moves over the drivers. With a single bar you don't get the flex and the track vibrates like crazy at speed. Don't think that would be good for even the "upgraded" driveshaft they are proposing.

Lighter rails with even more material removed? I think you are going to find a weak spot in those rails if too much more is removed, they look anorexic already at the front arm mount and behind the rear arm.

The LED lighting is already on the AXYS sled so that makes sense, its the only one that comes standard with them at the moment.

Don't know about the re-designed bulkhead, they just re-designed it for the AXYS (unless this is what they're using). That's how they got so much more power out of it, they run the pipe under the cross-member now and the initial stage of the pipe is straighter = more power. AXYS bulkhead and RMK back end would work. That's maybe where they are getting the extra footwell room too.

Top Bottom