Another build for Superclamps!

Highfly

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks again guys. Your comments really do go a long way. It's not often you get to show case your own work.

Great question HTR.

So this below is a V Nose snowmobile trailer..... What, can't see it?? I can.:cool:

This is how it all starts and how the Russian trailers started.

I'm probably into these trailers for about $100.00 so far not accounting for labor. It would be way more if I didn't have a lot of it in my stock. Everything is specialized for model building. Sure I could go and buy a spray can of primer from Canadian Tire but the primer that I use is a Tamiya produce at $14.00 a can (and a small can at that) but it is to scale. It is super fine and wont hide detail. I'll be using 4 cans of primer and paint just for the bodies.... I hope, might need more black. The Alclad paint again isn't cheap but it is phenomenal stuff. Each bag of square stock or round stock is around $6-8 a bag. Usually have about 5-6 pieces in a bag. You go through it pretty quick. You get out of the final product what you put into it not only in labor but in material. My saying is you can't make something out of nothing... well you can if you have a lot of supplies . :thumbsup2:

Last edited:

Highfly

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ok Guys shameless plug.....

Here are some other builds I have done in the past. I usually stay far away from what they call "Box Stock" builds. I either "kit Bash" (take multiple kits and put them together) or all out Scratch Build as I am doing with the trailers.

This took me 4 months of working on it solid. It was the worst detailed model I have ever seen. I have transformed it to one of the best detailed kits I have built. This is a lot of scratch building and kit bashing....

Right down to keys in the truck lock.

I have a soft spot of Pro street cars...

Modified Ford truck with scratch build crop sprayer...

I love doing off road vehicles as well..

32 ford with Corvette running gear... Major kit bash and scratch built front suspension.

Sometimes the kit is so beautiful and detailed I will build box stock.

I also have a soft spot for VW subjects. The rail is 100% scratch built. The Baja is a major kit bash but mostly scratch built with fully functional suspension.

A replica of my neighbors sons car. Another one that took forever to complete to make as accurate as possible. It has his amp and stereo in it as well as a Porsche engine to mention a few details.

I will finish off with this Trophy truck beast. I totally burnt myself out working on this one. It has been set a side to be tackled another day. Have to feel "into" the project or there is no point of trying as you wont do your best work.

100% scratch built. Fully functional front and rear suspension. Steering also works.

Highfly

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks FS

Highfly your talent is off the chain.!! I am happy that you decided to share with us.
Thank you

Sent from my iPhone using

You are very welcome. I'm always hesitant in showing off my work in fear of what people might think.... "45 and still playing with toys". The "hobby" can be very frustrating at times but mostly very rewarding. The end product is a huge "fix".
Thank you for the comment.

Highfly

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
One more post before I return back to the Superclamp Russian trailer build.

This is a framed magazine (framed by my Mom) (If you live in Kelowna and need some awesome framing done I can hook you up) that Katie and myself were published in back in 2007. It was extremely satisfying to have my crop sprayer truck published right beside Katie's build of the Herbie the love bug. Something that i'm sure will never happen again. Katie won best junior auto in the contest, the crop sprayer won best over all truck.

Murminator

Timber King
Reaction score
Great build.... Freakshow on here also is had a few builds in scale model also

Old-Soul

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
32 ford with Corvette running gear... Major kit bash and scratch built front suspension.

How about a look at the deuce in the back there? Is that a Pheaton or a topless Victoria?

Amazing stuff.

Superclamp

Reaction score
I can't say enough on how incredible job you are doing on this Superclamp Trailer build for our Russian Distributor, thank you so much again for taking on this project for us.

Highfly

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks Randall. If your happy, I'm happy.

Highfly

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Good to hear!

Lets keep this rolling. The main bodies just got the first coat of paint. They will dry for 24hrs and get hit again. This process will take 3 days. This is the time I need to be patient and not rush. Everything is on this line now. Let the paint gas out real good before hitting it again.

The trailer bases have been assembled, were on the home stretch.
Superclamps and rear Superclamps are built and in the process of being painted.

Top Bottom