Another build for Superclamps!

Highfly

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Randall approached me and wondered if I was interested in doing another 1/25th scale build for him. I was pretty excited and jumped at the opportunity! Randall has a supplier in Russia who will be coming to Canada for Christmas. This is special because Russians do not celebrate Christmas. Randall is going to go all out and give him a wonderful "Canadian" Christmas and this is where in part I come in. The Russian distributor also sells his own brand of single wide sled trailers. So instead of a sled deck all geared up with Superclamps and Superglides I will be replicating the trailer and adding all the goodies to it. I didn't have a Russian pick up in my stash of almost 300 model kits and we are on a time crunch as Christmans is fast approaching. So we decided to go with the same Chevy truck that I built for Randall as extended cabs in Russia are super rare and, well, it's a Canadain or North American built truck which will up the super cool factor when he takes the kits back to Russia. So here is the build if anyone is interested..... Early stages of the truck build. I have been working on this every second of spare time I have to make sure it gets done in time for Christmas! No pressure :)

Highfly

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The truck and trailer will be black.... WHY BLACK! LOL. (So much extra work...) Since it was going to be hard to pick out any detail on the truck I decided to use the kit decals for the body emblems... This was decided after I had a base coat of black on the body so back to the body shop... and emblems were removed. Another base coat applied. Lots of wet sanding and base layers to go...

Last edited:

Highfly

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
While waiting for the body to dry on to the trailer.... or "trailers" (Randall wanted one for his collection as well and, well I kind of wanted one too... :) So here is where I'm at with them... This is the trailer I am replicating. The body lifts up and the deck also tilts.

Last edited:

Highfly

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
with pictures in hand and some rough dimensions I started on the side panels. I added a border lip to give the roof something to be glues to. (Sorry about the bad quality images, I dropped my camera and broke my flash :-( This is a single wide trailer, mock up with sled...

Highfly

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Stages of progress of the main bodies... Body shown if lifted position... More mock ups and test fits... Roof skin added. Left it wide to make it easier to align. This will be trimmed down flush. More on the build as I progress......

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
While waiting for the body to dry on to the trailer.... or "trailers" (Randall wanted one for his collection as well and, well I kind of wanted one too... :) So here is where I'm at with them... This is the trailer I am replicating. The body lifts up and the deck also tilts. http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b...ussian Sled Trailer/prestige2_zps03f39e8d.jpg http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b...ussian Sled Trailer/IMG_0210_zps3df4ba8c.jpeg
Is that Randalls..........daughter? :rolling:

Highfly

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
LOL I'm not sure... and I'm not saying anything......

Superclamp

Reaction score
Is that Randalls..........daughter? :rolling:

No , that's not my Daughter, that is Alina in Russia, She runs her Dad's trailer manufacturing company. She also runs the Superclamp Distributor side of the business as well with about 10 people under he watch. We are very excited too show the same Hospitality in Canada as they show us in Russia when we went to visit them passed June. Taking them Sledding to Revy for a few days. It will be fun.

MOMMA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No , that's not my Daughter, that is Alina in Russia, She runs her Dad's trailer manufacturing company. She also runs the Superclamp Distributor side of the business as well with about 10 people under he watch. We are very excited too show the same Hospitality in Canada as they show us in Russia when we went to visit them passed June. Taking them Sledding to Revy for a few days. It will be fun.

Come visit us in the Kootenays!! It's cool here.. they need to experience our hippie redneck culture... even if it's just once!

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just yanking your chain buddy. Lol.

Superclamp

Reaction score
Got the wrap on order from Marc at Spiralus Design ordered, can't wait too see the it when it done.

adamg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
For maximum scale authenticity of a prairie enclosed trailer with a sled inside, that sled needs to be unsecured with the parking brake engaged. Everyone knows that's how we roll around here. It's half the reason for buying an enclosed, don't have to tie down.

Disclaimer: This post may contain sarcasm.

Top Bottom