Another 670 in A Rev chassis.

flabbajabba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I got a 740 in a beat up 96 with a 151 skid and track I'd sell LOL I just have to figure out where you keep finding this donor sleds. Keep the pics coming I like these builds too.

I'd really like to see it run compared to a 800 rev. How would you describe it close to a stock Rev?

KORE

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well I got in a bit of a pickle coming out of Westridge last spring. I got pulled of my sled when my jacket got caught up on my buds bar and it started ghosting down a gnarly side hill. My brother in law ran after and had to take it down the steep. A minute later he came back up hauling a$$, said it climbed better than his 08 154 xp. So for what its worth its comparable. Ill take it as a compliment, lol. I like it, its geared the same too.

KORE

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Here is the latest pic. Painted all the suspension, all new bushings. Slowly coming back together. I should have it on the floor later this week, then ill start fitting the motor:)

Attachments

• photo1.jpg
    photo1.jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 342
  • photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 338

KORE

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
UPDATE!!
I got the sled down on the ground, the hard part is almost done.:eek: Now ive got to replace the front end of an xp. Rookie ditchbanging bro in law, hit 2 culverts within 20 min of each other:nono: I told him to go back to the hills its gonna cost him too much bwahahaha!!
Anyway ill get this all bolted tight and start puttin in the motor, moving on to the fun stuff. Even the wife said its starting to look like a sled:d:beer:

Attachments

• Picture 012.jpg
    Picture 012.jpg
    75 KB · Views: 335
  • Picture 002.jpg
    Picture 002.jpg
    82.4 KB · Views: 347

KORE

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Got the motor in, thanks to the guys at Specialty. I tell ya the right tools for the job is an understatement. Also did the skid setback as per the drop and roll. Just waiting for the shorty cover and carb boots to complete the engine. Seat next and steering post should be interesting!!

KORE

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
some of the latest pics!! off an IPhone too:d

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    69.5 KB · Views: 351
  • photo1.jpg
    photo1.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 340
  • photo34.jpg
    photo34.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 347
  • photo3.jpg
    photo3.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 345
  • photo6.jpg
    photo6.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 346
  • photo5.jpg
    photo5.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 344
  • photo4.jpg
    photo4.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 347

DaveB

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Busy busy! 40 below keeps a guy in the shop eh! Is that an old style chaincase as well? If so, why?

Looks suspiciously like a 174 XP in there too! Nice shop!

Last edited:

KORE

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No the shaft fit right in its just keyed not splined. Eric located the motor and welded up the motor plate. I wish i would of brought the 740 in to him. Heres some more pics and the bro in law pulling the right side of his E module! Bwahahaha!!

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    70.6 KB · Views: 335
  • photo2.jpg
    photo2.jpg
    74 KB · Views: 327
  • photo1.jpg
    photo1.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 332

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ever thought about building a turbo for one? ive seen a couple people with 670 turbos floating around...they claimed they worked good but who knows might be cool!! could probly do it fairly cheap aswell.

KORE

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sure have, id love to set this up with one. Kinda like a sleeper!! Got one kickin around?? Actually i got a turbo diesel outside doin nothing hhmmmmmn?!!

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looks great KORE - but PLS DON'T TURBO!!!!! The 670's were a great sled, just not turbo'd. Lots of guys said they took a turbo really well, and they did. What you don't see nd what they don't tell you about is all the jetting changes and issues with a carbed turbo. Rode with two of them over the years, worked really well, but we were literally stopped on the trail every 15 mins to change jets or after every hill we climbed up, we had to stop and change jets. If you didn't re-jet, they ran like crap, keep it tuned and they hauled @$$, would take down a 1000cc mod sled....until it was time to change jets. Great for a conversation piece, not super fun to ride with due to the amount of tuning required.

If you were going to turbo I'd get a fuelie motor and drop it in.

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
Saw an 670X turbo running in Sicamous...WOW is a word that would describe this ride. It was a sleeper as well, sort of beat up, didn't look like it would do much until he hit the throttle.
It would be extremely interesting to see Core do one.
ever thought about building a turbo for one? ive seen a couple people with 670 turbos floating around...they claimed they worked good but who knows might be cool!! could probly do it fairly cheap aswell.

Top Bottom